2022 IndyCar News/Misc.

With Kirkwood heading back to Andretti, Pato likely re-signing with AMSP, and Rossi possibly to be announced to AMSP at Detroit, VeeKay has risen to the top of the free agency chart.

Ilott has gotten interest from the midfield. It seems Askew and Ferrucci are being considered by a couple as well. Probably not much major shuffling left to be done but the 06 and 48 could open too.

Now can everybody STFU about 33 cars, jeez that was annoying as hell:

Not directed to anyone here, of course.

If only we could get Buddy Lazier or someone else to field a 34th car so Bump Day can happen.

IndyCar is showing a re-live of the 2012 Indy 500 on their YT channel tonight. First IndyCar race I ever watched.

If your truly an open wheel fan, you need to listen to Dale Jr download . Rick Mears is the guest, remarkable person.

This would be the first time we've seen the aeroscreen in the rain, right?
Yeah, I think they had rain at the COTA preseason test in 2020 but never actually had a wet race with it. I don’t remember there really being any wet practice or qualifying sessions either. It’s been quite a stretch.

2019 Pagenaud went on that charge in the rain at the end of the Indy GP and then one of the Detroit races started out wet the next month.

Good to see further confirmation these guys are in it for the long haul.

Also, good news that they’re working to make the aeroscreen lighter for 2024. Combined with some changes to the bellhousing and gearbox casing they should be saving a little over 50 pounds of weight compared to what was originally projected for all the new stuff.

Also, good news that they’re working to make the aeroscreen lighter for 2024. Combined with some changes to the bellhousing and gearbox casing they should be saving a little over 50 pounds of weight compared to what was originally projected for all the new stuff.

Would be crazy to think Zak wouldn't double down on his roots.

Interesting. These cars are going from scary fast to dangerous fast imo. 235mph at Indy next year? Yikes....

I'm torn seeing it. Fast is fun but every major non-drag racing racing series in the world tops out at about 205-220mph for a reason.

IndyCar and Shell have reached an agreement to not only be the official fuel of the series, but bring in 100% renewable race fuel for 2023 onwards.

Interesting. These cars are going from scary fast to dangerous fast imo. 235mph at Indy next year? Yikes....

I'm torn seeing it. Fast is fun but every major non-drag racing racing series in the world tops out at about 205-220mph for a reason.
Penske said they’re adding stuff to make the cars safer but didn’t say what. They’ll definitely be heavier regardless, and can go back to running less boost in qualifying if they think they need to, so I don’t know that they’ll get out of hand speeds.

I would love to see JJ win the Indy 500 in his first try, but a part of me would also like to see history made if somehow Helio could do what no man or women has ever done. 5

Now that AMSP have clinched Worst-Kept Secret of the Year with Rossi official, their third seat offers up a lot more intrigue. Most reporting has it down to extending Rosenqvist or signing VeeKay, but could there really be a surprise challenger from…Ganassi?! Is this maybe a leverage play from Palou? It’s hard to see what competitive opportunities AMSP would have over CGR, but they could probably offer an awfully large sum of money.

Back
Top Bottom