2022 IndyCar News/Misc.

Messy day.

“It was a good day of running through the checklist, but it seemed like a little bit of a demolition derby with people going off and chucking it in the wall,” Herta told RACER. “Will crashed, Romain crashed twice, Devlin went off a few times, I went off once. Rossi went off, and these were just the people in front of me, so I didn’t see all of the other ones. It’s a difficult place, even on the test days.

Marcus will be going home in the off-season to make a Carrera Cup excursion of his own, in the Scandinavian championship.

"The sticking points now appear to be the number required to get Palou out of his Ganassi contract."

Well, duh.

"The sticking points now appear to be the number required to get Palou out of his Ganassi contract."

Well, duh.
Well, it wasn’t a guarantee they were going to buy him out beforehand. They were confident they were going to be able to win the Piastri contract dispute against Alpine without a buyout and they did. On the other hand it’s apparent that Palou and Ganassi will be in court well into the offseason if they stuck to that route and I doubt they want to keep things up in the air for that long.

I wonder if Oliver Askew will attempt to make a return to IndyCar?

Andre Lotterer will take his seat in Formula E. I'd like to see him a second chance over here.

I wonder if Oliver Askew will attempt to make a return to IndyCar?

Andre Lotterer will take his seat in Formula E. I'd like to see him a second chance over here.
Quite possibly, I think Linus Lundqvist could also potentially be in play for Andretti. I think that stays a paid seat from Group 1001 and they’ll want someone solid in that car. Maybe Rosenqvist as well.

I didn’t listen to it yet but supposedly MP said on his podcast that Andretti couldn’t get out of the DeFrancesco contract for next year. If Colton leaves their longest-tenured IndyCar driver is Grosjean…they have a real likelihood of being a trash team next year.

RLL have made a big splash with a new technical director signing:

At the end of 2004, Jaguar Racing F1 became Red Bull Racing F1 and he stayed on until 2016 working first as race engineer and then moving into the aerodynamic department from 2007 for the subsequent 10 years in the position of head of aerodynamic performance. While Sordo was there, the team won four consecutive Drivers and Constructors championship titles with Sebastian Vettel between 2010-2013. He then joined McLaren F1 in October 2016 and has been head and then director of the vehicle performance department until joining RLL as technical director.

Surprisingly, I have never been to an IndyCar race before and would love to see Denver get a race.

Perhaps the old layout or something around Ball Arena, Elitch Gardens Amusement Park, and Mile High Stadium (Empower Field).

Surprisingly, I have never been to an IndyCar race before and would love to see Denver get a race.

Perhaps the old layout or something around Ball Arena, Elitch Gardens Amusement Park, and Mile High Stadium (Empower Field).
I've been to two at Pocono, it was different but fun

Back
Top Bottom