2022 Monaco Grand Prix

Finally Gasly makes some passes. Are they just waiting to put slicks on at this point?

Looking at the replay the red blocks were perpendicular to the track and sheered/cut it in half... Even with the more forgiving grey blocks in front. Like hitting the end of a concrete wall. They're not supposed to behave like that. If there was a higher speed crash there it could've been REALLY bad

That is weird...not sure if the car should've come apart like that in half. It was a fast hit but not a horror crash like you'd expect from that damage. Almost like the techpro barrier sawed it in half some how??
Found this from Aston’s web site -

For 2022, there has been a change to crash testing for the rear and front structures, with teams expected to produce designs that can absorb far more energy, roughly 48% more at the front and 15% more at the rear, according to F1.

Another change under the skin, a direct consequence of Grosjean's crash, is that in the event of an incident, the power unit will separate from the chassis more safely, without exposing the fuel tank.

Nice train at front. The new car has been a huge plus for the quality of racing, but it can't fix Monaco as a course.

Awesome for Checo. I'm glad Red Bull doesn't have the opportunity to take this one away from him in favor of Max.

That race was a hot mess but actually became decent at the end (for Monaco, anyway). I'm really happy for Perez - he and Ricciardo have always been my boys in the F1 games. Good run for Sainz, too.

Time to have some lunch and then watch what is usually the best race of Memorial Day weekend, the Indy 500. 👍

That race was a hot mess but actually became decent at the end (for Monaco, anyway). I'm really happy for Perez - he and Ricciardo have always been my boys in the F1 games. Good run for Sainz, too.

Time to have some lunch and then watch what is usually the best race of Memorial Day weekend, the Indy 500. 👍
Better enjoy Daniel this year, I fear he might be out of F1 after this year.

Also, I'm past the point of accepting Stroll. Get hin and Latifi outta here.

Generally, I hate Monoco, but this one wasn't too bad. There wasn't much racing, but we were expecting any either. However, there was still a little excitement as after the restart the first four cars were mostly in the same picture frame, and they finished that way. There was always the hope someone would make a mistake or try a crazy pass, but you can't race here.

However, I love the new cars. The cars have gotten uglier and uglier every year and last year they were just hacked up looking sleds. The new car is sexy and swoopy, and it races well. Indycar needs to look at the things F1 did to cut the turbulence and see if they can apply it to their cars.

I don't normally do this, but I'm actually gonna go for the triple today. Gonna kick back and just watch some racing all day long. 🤘

I did one better, spent the weekend with friends on my hunting lease. Came home Monday, got comfortable and watches the Truck race, exfinity, F1 (for a very little while, it sucked), Indy 500 (great finish) and the 600( Austin Dillan is and IDIOT), all in 5.5 hours. (I LOVE MY DVR):punkrocke

Y'all wanna keep debating how slow this track is? That car is gone thank God he's ok
Crashes almost always look worse than they really are because it's all designed to come apart in an accident and absorb some of the impact. Mick's crash was not that bad, but the only thing missing from that crash was a big fireball.

He didn't even get his bell rung, but it sure blew the car apart. The car did it's job and fell apart, just like it was designed to do, and Mick was totally uninjured.

Mick had an even bigger crash at Jedda, and he only missed the race because Haas was worried about a parts shortage and not making it to Oz. It was a really big crash, but you can hardly stub your toes in one of those cars. I'm not complaining because that's a good thing, but a 70-100 mph crash in these cars is nothing. SAs long as you get your hands away from the steering wheel, it's a safe bet you won't even feel it.

You will have to do the metric to US conversions, but what I got was they are averaging about 110mph for a pole lap. After seeing the pole at Indy go for 234+. Monoco is a lot more than just a little bit slow. By comparison, that's molasses.

Mick
Things change when your new teammate is not the slow wanker you had last year and now you have to chase te new guy instead of just mailing in the result. That's where Mick's trouble is coming from. He's had virtually no one to race with last year, so he just sleepwalked through what should have been a learning year. It's tough to lean anything when you're going to be 19th no matter what and you just concentrate on beating your wanker teammate and taking your 19th place trophy.

I actually like Mick, but he hasn't had much wheel to wheel combat since he came into F1. To learn to race in F1, you have to race, but you can't do that if there's no one to race with. Haas was so slow last year Mick was usually pounding around all alone. Now he has to scramble to keep up because Mags is no wanker.

Mick has wiped out two cars this year and thrown away his first ever points too. He's balls-to-the-walls hanging on to Mags, and he's just not that experienced yet.

The way people are discounting Ricciaro's chances of staying in F1, I can easily seeing him leave, Sainz to return to Mclaren, and Mick moving to Ferrari. it doesn't matter if Mick is any good or not. He's going to be in that Ferrari some day.

Back
Top Bottom