2022 Music City Grand Prix

Hilarious that somehow Rossi and Herta both got driven off track or into a wall and finished top 5. Pretty sure Rossi stalled even earlier with some engine issue.

I wonder if there isn’t some way to do a hairpin at the end of the bridge. That goofy tight, twisty section at the end of it isn’t conducive to much besides crashes. Nashville is a good market but there has to be a better layout somehow.

And some guys need a real come to Jesus meeting on driving standards. This and the end of the Cup race at Indy aren’t how it oughta be done.

I wonder if there isn’t some way to do a hairpin at the end of the bridge. That goofy tight, twisty section at the end of it isn’t conducive to much besides crashes. Nashville is a good market but there has to be a better layout somehow.
Yeah I wouldnt mind if they could sqeeze in another 6-8 feet of width in the small area of track
on the other side of the bridge. The town and atmosphere for this event is great though.
Try and catch the Super Trucks races on youtube. Thats also a jolly good time.

I imagine this goes back much further than their stints in IndyCar.

Grosjean got in some hot water for what I thought was hard but fair racing early in the season. Seems like he’s been on the receiving end more recently. Newgarden wasn’t making that corner cleanly the way he bombed in there.

I sure hope this clusterf**k is not a preview of Nascar in Chicago next July. Both Nashville races have been an absolute embarrassment to IndyCar.

The only good thing about this race was that my DVR was on NBC, not CNBC, so I only had to endure it half as long. I actually like the concept of in-town street racing, but really none of them are much good.

Street races are getting watered down. Long Beach, St. Pete, Toronto are mainstays that are cool.

But some of “Penske Entertainment” IndyCar moves I don’t like at all.

Time to go to NOLA again or VIR or Nashville Superspeedway.

I sure hope this clusterf**k is not a preview of Nascar in Chicago next July. Both Nashville races have been an absolute embarrassment to IndyCar.

The only good thing about this race was that my DVR was on NBC, not CNBC, so I only had to endure it half as long. I actually like the concept of in-town street racing, but really none of them are much good.
Chicago will probably be terribly boring or terribly wrecky. Even for a street course it’s a pretty uninspiring design. Newbie fans at the track will probably be wondering why Carrera Cup cars are quicker than NASCAR.

Don’t really fault them for trying though. It’s the hot thing to do right now and they draw better than random ovals usually, with a different demo.

Newgarden drove him straight into a wall loI

I don't think it was necessarily deliberate but if there is any one to blame it's Newgarden.

We don't see everything that goes on, but people have been shoving been Grosjean around for quite a few races now. When someone like Newgarden gives you the business you probably deserve it.

Best angle I’ve seen that pretty clearly shows he just shoved him into a wall. Crappy track + laissez faire method of officiating from race control and you get stuff like this. I haven’t seen Grosjean get in much trouble since Barber and I think a lot of how others race him is based upon reputation and a good chunk of the paddock being pretty circlejerkishy.

Best angle I’ve seen that pretty clearly shows he just shoved him into a wall. Crappy track
Oh, it was subtle, but he stuffed him.

I haven’t seen Grosjean get in much trouble since Barber
There was Mid Ohio where he hit all his teammates at least once. At the first Indy RC event he got into t with Jack Harvey and got punted off into the weeds. We didn't see what led up to it, but Harvey have never done that to anyone else.

and I think a lot of how others race him is based upon reputation and a good chunk of the paddock being pretty circlejerkishy.
I didn't want him coming here based off his bad reputation, which in F1 was extremely well earned.

Oh, it was subtle, but he stuffed him.

There was Mid Ohio where he hit all his teammates at least once. At the first Indy RC event he got into t with Jack Harvey and got punted off into the weeds. We didn't see what led up to it, but Harvey have never done that to anyone else.

I didn't want him coming here based off his bad reputation, which in F1 was extremely well earned.
Yeah but the first one at MO was on Rossi. I remember now he also sent Herta off but otherwise that’s it. Harvey was a jackass that day and ran over three people and got a penalty.

I don’t think it’s fair that he still has that reputation from being a youngster coming out of F2. The Lotus stuff was mostly a decade ago.

I wish Newgarden would’ve just admitted it rather than hem and haw about how everyone drives like that. What?? Take some freaking responsibility. You’re not a rookie like Kirkwood, who has been especially embarrassing, is. Hilarious that Mr. Driving Standards Graham Rahal drove like a complete stooge yesterday too.

Yeah but the first one at MO was on Rossi.
I agree, but we may not have seen what led up to it. Rossi races hard, but he lost his stuffing with Grosjean and ushered him into the fence. Something had to happen before that because you don't just snap like that for no reason.

Harvey was a jackass that day and ran over three people and got a penalty.
Harvey has been a disappointment, but I was cheering for him that day. If only he had wrecked Grosean one more time it would have been a perfect day (homage to Tony Stewart).

I don’t think it’s fair that he still has that reputation from being a youngster coming out of F2. The Lotus stuff was mostly a decade ago.
But it is fair to judge him by how many people he has wrecked in the Indycar series and it's been considerable. Like I say, in all of Grosjean's beefs, the one constant is Grosjean himself.

I wish Newgarden would’ve just admitted it rather than hem and haw about how everyone drives like that. What?? Take some freaking responsibility.
You can't just admit you stuffed someone. Not only does that give the officials a reason to penalize you (in a tight championship) and the sponsors don't like that stuff much either. It was pretty obvious what happened. I didn't want to believe it, so I chalked it up to a racin' deal. Having looked at it a few times,. oh hell yeah., Her stuffed him. Having said that, this is the one time I am ok with dirty driving.

Whew, that race was an absolute mess.

Stayed away from social media on this one, but damn that was a wreckfest from start to finish. Does anyone have the Takuma Sato interview? I heard he did not mince words about Devlin.

Whew, that race was an absolute mess.

Stayed away from social media on this one, but damn that was a wreckfest from start to finish. Does anyone have the Takuma Sato interview? I heard he did not mince words about Devlin.
It was Sato, so even angry he was still pretty chill. He said something to the effect the other guy drove into him and he was disappointed.

It was Sato, so even angry he was still pretty chill. He said something to the effect the other guy drove into him and he was disappointed.
Devlin also told him he got hit from behind (Herta was behind), and Sato later went on to review the onboards and saw he just missed the corner.

Surprisingly it doesn’t sound like the drivers were too upset, and pretty pleased with the changes they did make. Dixon said they may go a block deeper at the end of the bridge next year and change that sector a bit. A couple like Herta and McLaughlin said something to the effect that chaos is good sometimes and a chunk of it is down to driving standards. Palou liked most of the changes where they opened up sight lines.

Maybe if the fans show up again in year three, and I do think it’s a three-year deal, it just becomes IndyCar’s street version of Talladega.

I wonder if there isn’t some way to do a hairpin at the end of the bridge.
How about a hairpin at EACH end of the bridge?

Just watched this on Peacock. This sucked like a spaghetti eating contest. The contract can't expire soon enough to suit me. Plenty of other, competitive venues that don't use up cars like folding chairs at Wrestlemania.

Just watched it and I regret watching it. This was one fustercluck of a race. No clue how Dixon ended up in 1st or how on earth Rossi and Herta made it back to the Top 5.

There are some good street circuits in the world like Long Beach, Baku or Nuremberg but this one is way too tight to put on some proper racing.

Just run Nashville Superspeedway next year, please.

Is there any place I can watch a rebroadcast of this race? I had DVR'd it but unfortunately because of rain delays, etc. NBC cut away from it about 30 or so laps in and moved it to CNBC. I didn't discover this until after the race had ended of course so it was too late to switch to CNBC. Peacock caries the races as well but they also only had carried the first 30 laps.

I found a few sites that carried Indycar re-broadcasts and they did have some races, just not the Nashville race yet. I managed to inadvertently find out who won (which spoils the surprise) but I'd still like to find a way to watch the rest of the race if possible. It's exactly stuff like this that's had me pi$$ed off at NBC's handling of Indycar lately. This, and other stuff like the fact that NBC announces winners of Indycar races during NASCAR cup races (and vice versa) before people who have DVR'd the races or plan to watch them on Peacock have had a chance to watch them yet.

Is there any place I can watch a rebroadcast of this race? I had DVR'd it but unfortunately because of rain delays, etc. NBC cut away from it about 30 or so laps in and moved it to CNBC. I didn't discover this until after the race had ended of course so it was too late to switch to CNBC. Peacock caries the races as well but they also only had carried the first 30 laps.

I found a few sites that carried Indycar re-broadcasts and they did have some races, just not the Nashville race yet. I managed to inadvertently find out who won (which spoils the surprise) but I'd still like to find a way to watch the rest of the race if possible. It's exactly stuff like this that's had me pi$$ed off at NBC's handling of Indycar lately. This, and other stuff like the fact that NBC announces winners of Indycar races during NASCAR cup races (and vice versa) before people who have DVR'd the races or plan to watch them on Peacock have had a chance to watch them yet.
They have a full replay up on Peacock, whole runtime is 2:42.

Back
Top Bottom