2022 Petit Le Mans

What a season, man. MSR finished 1st or 2nd in seven of ten races, a model of consistency in such a hard-fought championship. Incredible to think WTR haven’t won a title since 2017. So much heartbreak for them again.

Can’t wait for 2023 though, new season pretty much starts this week with official GTP testing. Great time to be a sports car fan.

Helio just keeps winning.

Don't be too hard on the Ganassi guys. There was nothing left to lose, and the cars are useless after this race anyway, so why not race the damm things?

Well, the 3 hours that was broadcast on my regular cable turned out to be pretty exciting, the ending ended up totally different from the early running. How about Montoya Junior?, wow, 17 years old ... what a future that kid has.

The DPi points lead changed hands at every race this season, believed to be the first time that happened. Action Express (31/48) had their first winless season in team history (2010-).

Congrats to all the champs:

Overall Season

DPi #60 Meyer Shank
LMP2 #8 Tower Motorsport
LMP3 #54 Core Autosport
GTD Pro #9 Pfaff Motorsport
GTD #27 Heart of Racing Team

Acura (DPi), Porsche (GTD Pro), BMW (GTD) manufacturer champs.

Endurance Cup

DPi #60 MSR
LMP2 #52 PR1 Mathiasen Motorsport
LMP3 #74 Riley Motorsport
GTD Pro #62 Risi Competizione
GTD #70 inception racing

Acura (DPi), Porsche (GTD Pro), McLaren (GTD) manufacturer champs.

Well, the 3 hours that was broadcast on my regular cable turned out to be pretty exciting, the ending ended up totally different from the early running. How about Montoya Junior?, wow, 17 years old ... what a future that kid has.
I just watched the last three hours last night. Ganassi screw-up, terrific GTD Pro battle with a post-race DQ, and a somewhat disappointing finish when the Acuras did get to race to the finish. The ending felt off to me somehow, but overall the enter 10 hours was a pretty good race.

Back
Top Bottom