2022 São Paulo Grand Prix

It’s a real testament to Mercedes that they started off so far off the pace and so clueless about their own car and fought all season long to get back to winning pace at the end of the year. No reason not to expect them fighting at the top right out of the gate next year now.

First, really happy for George.
Norris should get a drive-through.
Not sure about the Hamilton-Verstappen incident.
That was so unlike Lando, but it was perfectly in line with LeClerc's bad luck.

Normally I'm on Hamilton's side, but this time he could have left Max a little more room. I was surprised that Max got the penalty, but as much as Max got away with last year, it's tough to feel sorry for him, and he got a good finish anyway.

Not sure what next weekend will bring, but it looks like Mercedes has finally got it figured out. Toto says the next car will have different "DNA," but after today's performance they have got to be rethinking that.

Max had a turbulent day and ended up defying team orders to screw his teammate. Sergio dropped like a stone on the mediums.

Alonso drove a blinder and got a well deserved result. It also sounded like Alpine had a hard time keeping Ocon under control. If Ocon will race his hero that hard, what's he going to do next year with a teammate he doesn't like already?

Mags got punted and Ricciardo took another beating. Maybe he needs a year off to recharge and think about what he can do better. They would have both been ok if Mags had not let the car roll back. Race ruined maybe, but they tore up two cars and scored goose eggs.

I'm betting Mick is probably done, which I am sad to see. I'm not sure Hulkenberg can do very much with that car either.

Overall, it was a great weekend.

Congratulations to George!
Don't know what to think of the whole Verstappen thing not letting Perez pass.
Amazed that Leclerc kept going after he crashed. I figured he was done.

First, really happy for George.

That was so unlike Lando, but it was perfectly in line with LeClerc's bad luck.

Normally I'm on Hamilton's side, but this time he could have left Max a little more room. I was surprised that Max got the penalty, but as much as Max got away with last year, it's tough to feel sorry for him, and he got a good finish anyway.

Not sure what next weekend will bring, but it looks like Mercedes has finally got it figured out. Toto says the next car will have different "DNA," but after today's performance they have got to be rethinking that.

Max had a turbulent day and ended up defying team orders to screw his teammate. Sergio dropped like a stone on the mediums.

Alonso drove a blinder and got a well deserved result. It also sounded like Alpine had a hard time keeping Ocon under control. If Ocon will race his hero that hard, what's he going to do next year with a teammate he doesn't like already?

Mags got punted and Ricciardo took another beating. Maybe he needs a year off to recharge and think about what he can do better. They would have both been ok if Mags had not let the car roll back. Race ruined maybe, but they tore up two cars and scored goose eggs.

I'm betting Mick is probably done, which I am sad to see. I'm not sure Hulkenberg can do very much with that car either.

Overall, it was a great weekend.
I agree with Brundle and I imagine most do too, Max/Lewis was a racing incident and a penalty was super surprising.

Ricciardo is super washed I’m afraid, I’d rather not see him in an F1 car again tbh. He’s cooked. So far out of his element this season.

Ocon did the right thing I think, he dispatched of Vettel first corner and that made it easier for Alonso to slide through as well. Esteban let Fernando by later on in the lap so much better played by Alpine’s drivers than yesterday for sure.

There’s a lot of pride at stake for 2nd in the WDC and Red Bull have never had a 1-2 in the WDC, that spot meant nothing to Max and is a real blight upon his image.

Amazed that Leclerc kept going after he crashed. I figured he was done.
I’ve been surprised by the durability of these cars recently, especially Alonso at COTA.

Garbage move by Max, black stain on his career 👎
We don't hear about Multi 21 anymore, so I'm guessing people will forget about this.
Horner should ask Max who he thinks is running that team. Seriously, he could very well end up costing the team a 1, 2 finish in the championship.

I agree with Brundle and I imagine most do too, Max/Lewis was a racing incident and a penalty was super surprising.
I was actually surprised Hamilton didn't get the penalty. Max was up on the curbs with nowhere to go. Still a racing incident, but if there had to be a penalty, I would have given it to Lewis.

Ricciardo is super washed I’m afraid, I’d rather not see him in an F1 car again tbh. He’s cooked. So far out of his element this season.
An eight-time GP winner. What the hell happened to this guy? Honestly, I think Ricciardo would be a lot happier in Indycars or WEC. Hell, he would probably have a blast in Nascar and the nation would really embrace him.

I miss that ol Hamilton before he became bejewelled and tatted up.
To each his own I guess. He is still a good dude but he was
really a breathe of fresh air when he arrived on the scene.

No overall championships still at stake, no problem. São Paulo had the third-best audience of the season behind Miami and Canada, an increase from the previous two fall afternoon races at CoTA and Mexico City.

Back
Top Bottom