2022 World of Outlaws

It's amazing the feature race is over at 7pm central lol.

They decided to run the entire WoO program then the UMP modified program after, probably due to how the track is going to deteriorate further.

Yeah it's probably a good thing, it looks like they had about 300 modifieds lined up lol.

The Outlaws managed to put on a good feature, but to not kid ourselves, the track surface is in need of help. They had to postpone the bulk of the modified program tonight due to driver safety concerns, and there is no way the non-winged cars can race there unless they get it smoothed out. My guess is that they are planning a serious rework for tomorrow. Hopefully it works out.

They put fresh dirt on Volusia some time ago and have had a hard time with it. They had the same issues when the late models were there the first go around a few weeks ago. They need laps on it, but it's hard when you only run a few times a year.

Absolutely fantastic race tonight sees a fierce three-way battle for the lead end in a photo finish with Sheldon Haudenschild winning over David Gravel, with Brad Sweet in third. All of them led laps toward the end. Race of the year material.

Kahne just went for a vicious flip at the start of the B after getting over someone else's right rear tire. He walked away after a delay, hopefully he is OK.

Kahne just went for a vicious flip at the start of the B after getting over someone else's right rear tire. He walked away after a delay, hopefully he is OK.
Just saw the video yikes

David Gravel avenges his narrow defeat last night with a decisive win tonight. Brent Marks finishes second, followed by James McFadden, Sheldon Haudenschild, and Brad Sweet.

Weekend down South canceled due to weather

They gotta run out west earlier again and/or figure something out different with those southern races, that’s like the 2nd year in a row there has been a cancellation that weekend. Bummer

Sheldon rips the top and passes Cory Eliason to win the first night at Cotton Bowl.

1. Sheldon Haudenschild
2. Cory Eliason
3. Brad Sweet
4. Logan Schuchart
5. Donny Schatz

That's unfortunate, but I wondered about that after watching his performance last night.
I was so excited for Kasey to run full time but he keeps getting hurt, I know he wants to drive but it might be best for him to hang it up for good he's got Tanner to think about.

World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars at Cotton Bowl Speedway, March 5, 2022 | HIGHLIGHTS​

1646539830983.png

I was so excited for Kasey to run full time but he keeps getting hurt, I know he wants to drive but it might be best for him to hang it up for good he's got Tanner to think about.
Yep. Too many headbangers. That'll catch up with him in 10 years or even less.

Macedo was on a mission tonight, first time he has looked as fast this year as he was toward the end of last year.

Back
Top Bottom