2022 World of Outlaws

FB_IMG_1635801323037.jpg

Reactions: sdj
Solid as usual but disappointed in no Dodge City Kansas, no Las Vegas, no Arizona race. I guess travel is an issue, but still. 🤷‍♂️

Cut off Oregon too. I guess some of these facilities can’t keep up with the payouts.

Last edited:
Solid as usual but disappointed in no Dodge City Kansas, no Las Vegas, no Arizona race. I guess travel is an issue, but still. 🤷‍♂️

Cut off Oregon too. I guess some of these facilities can’t keep up with the payouts.
They don't really get car counts in Oregon, California guys don't really come up.

They don't really get car counts in Oregon, California guys don't really come up.

About a decade ago, there were three OR tracks on the WoO schedule (Willamette, Cottage Grove, and Southern Oregon). In recent years Willamette was the only one remaining, and they've had financial issues prior to and during the pandemic. I agree, the car counts just aren't there. Possibly the new ownership at Skagit intending to return to 410 racing will revive it in the PNW.

I'm surprised to not see I-70 back on the schedule after the huge crowd that event drew this year, and wonder what that means for the new facility's immediate future. Not that surprised to not see I-80, with the track going into its possible final year. I assume one of the TBA October dates is Lakeside.

Eh just disappointed they can’t have something in Arizona (Arizona Speedway was on the schedule in 2021) and at Dodge City. Las Vegas is holding a different sprint car race in January so IDK there.

Arizona Speedway is shutting down this year so hopefully another AZ track can pick things up eventually.

Back to one full time car for Kahne, with Kasey appearing in the #9 at times then?

Listening to the Dirtrackr podcast with Justin Fiedler today this sounds like what's happening. Though the Roth car it sounds like will basically be run out of KKR

Listening to the Dirtrackr podcast with Justin Fiedler today this sounds like what's happening. Though the Roth car it sounds like will basically be run out of KKR

I'll take a listen to that later. I wondered about that, since the version of Roth that started 2021 was basically Reutzel and his crew chief running the team, with some of their equipment and such.

I'll take a listen to that later. I wondered about that, since the version of Roth that started 2021 was basically Reutzel and his crew chief running the team, with some of their equipment and such.
Yeah and the guys who will be with Jmac were his crew on the 9

Already at 1430 entries wow.
Currently, drivers are representing 392 municipalities across 35 United States (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, HI, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, NE, NJ, NM, NM, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, WA, WI) and one Australian Province (NSW).
Fans who cannot attend the 37th annual Lucas Oil Tulsa Shootout can see every lap of action on http://www.floracing.com.

Big move by the Outlaws launching midget and wingless series

Wonder if this is why no USAC in Pa for midgets

Big move by the Outlaws launching midget and wingless series

Wonder if this is why no USAC in Pa for midgets

Well it's nice to see the goodwill from USAC series director, and back in response. Wonder if it will last, but this is a cool opportunity for the non-wing guys.

Rico will run 80% of the Outlaw schedule and is looking to go full time in the future.

From Facebook

Some adjustments to the 2022 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series schedule…

🆕 Lincoln Speedway moved to Wed, May 11
🆕 Lakeside Speedway added on Sat, Oct. 15

Rico will run 80% of the Outlaw schedule and is looking to go full time in the future.

Working with Ricky Warner as crew chief should be big for Rico. I watched an interview with Kerry Madsen recently, and he talked up how much Warner was the reason he did so well in the TSR #14.

NGL, I was hoping to see him at the World's Final when I was walking the pit area. Kind of sadden that I didn't get to meet him. As a disabled person who loves dirt racing, it would've been an honor to meet him.

Cannot believe looking at the schedule the money they’re running for at Eldora. $175,000 on both Friday and Saturday? Holy smokes

NGL, I was hoping to see him at the World's Final when I was walking the pit area. Kind of sadden that I didn't get to meet him. As a disabled person who loves dirt racing, it would've been an honor to meet him.
Never met him but I did get to see him win during PA Speedweek at Lincoln in 2020

Neat little thing on when Outlaws went pavement

I was apoplectic as a kid when the old dirt Lakeside closed and the new asphalt Lakeside replaced it. Thankfully they eventually covered it in clay. Ugh.

Speaking of the Midwest one of the TBAs still on the schedule was filled

I'd like to see some video of that asphalt race at lakeside. I didn't see anything on you tube, figured they might have a few highlights or something..

Someone alert @Revman. Reutzel was quick time tonight, and it's the first WoO quick time for Toyota.

Track is rough, but they're racing. Dash draw coming up next.

Big Don mans up and wrestles the win back from Larson after Larson passes Schatz on a restart with 4 to go. I think the restart probably saved Schatz, as Larson was way faster and coming hard before the caution.

Last year it took months for Schatz to win his first race of the year, this year he takes the opener.

Very demanding track conditions, the race was pretty good all things considered.

1. Donny Schatz
2. Kyle Larson
3. Aaron Reutzel
4. David Gravel
5. Anthony Macri

Back
Top Bottom