2022 World of Outlaws

I wouldn’t mind a North Wilkesboro dirt sprint car race, but since I live in the area I probably won’t go? 🤷‍♂️ I’d probably go to Martinsville or Bristol in the fall instead.

But the North Wilkesboro stuff looks cool if if you want to go in August it looks like. I dunno

Tri-State Speedway never disappoints. Wild race sees Carson Macedo win over Brad Sweet and Sheldon Haudenschild. James McFadden was in the battle for the lead for most of the race and lappers wrecked right in front of him, leaving him nowhere to go. Other than that it was a long clean 40 lapper.

Macedo looking like Sweet's biggest title threat for now.

Tri-State Speedway never disappoints. Wild race sees Carson Macedo win over Brad Sweet and Sheldon Haudenschild. James McFadden was in the battle for the lead for most of the race and lappers wrecked right in front of him, leaving him nowhere to go. Other than that it was a long clean 40 lapper.

Macedo looking like Sweet's biggest title threat for now.
Definitely, no one else is consistent enough to even be really close.

Looking forward to seeing the Outlaws at Bristol even though I will have to miss Friday's racing.

Is dirtvision offering a monthly plan new, it looks to me that they are charging 39.99 per month, cancel anytime. Not as I previously thought and taking it all at once for the year

Is dirtvision offering a monthly plan new, it looks to me that they are charging 39.99 per month, cancel anytime. Not as I previously thought and taking it all at once for the year

It's been $39.99 per "month" (which is actually every 28 days) for years. Last year they started offering a $299 annual plan that also includes the Knoxville Nationals (the monthly does not).

If you want to catch 2-4 months of races during the heart of the season, the monthly plan can make sense. If you pay year around, the monthly ends up costing over $500.

Logan Schuchart wins the first night at Bristol. Not much of a race after a thriller of a late model event. Bottom had gone away and it was single file around the top. Macedo and Gravel gain some points back on Sweet. Really nice run for Kraig Kinser.

1. Logan Schuchart
2. Aaron Reutzel
3. Kraig Kinser
4. Carson Macedo
5. David Gravel
6. Kyle Larson

Logan Schuchart wins the first night at Bristol. Not much of a race after a thriller of a late model event. Bottom had gone away and it was single file around the top. Macedo and Gravel gain some points back on Sweet. Really nice run for Kraig Kinser.

1. Logan Schuchart
2. Aaron Reutzel
3. Kraig Kinser
4. Carson Macedo
5. David Gravel
6. Kyle Larson
Interesting the "hard charger" award goes to someone who started 23rd and finished 20th.

Spencer Bayston wins his first of the year and first as a full-timer at Bristol over Kyle Larson and Logan Schuchart. Caution flew for the first time all weekend on the final lap, creating a GWC. Larson nearly got past him on the restart, but it felt like Larson played it very nice and left Bayston plenty of room, which allowed him to retain the lead.

Still not great racing, but better than last night.

1. Spencer Bayston
2. Kyle Larson
3. Logan Schuchart
4. Rico Abreu
5. David Gravel

Looked like Bayston slammed Larson to me

There was no slamming, but Larson left Bayston a lane when he didn't need to, and Bayston chopped him off going into turn 1 on the final lap to take the lead for good. Bayston gave Larson credit in his interview, and Larson said they were going too fast for him to risk wrecking them both.

There was no slamming, but Larson left Bayston a lane when he didn't need to, and Bayston chopped him off going into turn 1 on the final lap to take the lead for good. Bayston gave Larson credit in his interview, and Larson said they were going too fast for him to risk wrecking them both.
I said it looked like Bayson slammed Larson. You can believe whatever you want to believe. I saw Larson's front end knocked over a foot.

I said it looked like Bayson slammed Larson. You can believe whatever you want to believe. I saw Larson's front end knocked over a foot.

Yes, and I said what I said. There was no contact, but that was mostly due to Larson being kind and not pushing the issue.

You are a turn away from what I am talking about lol.

Long version

I watched the race, the replay, and all of the interviews. There was no contact going into turn 1 either. I can see why it looked like there was at first glance. Bayston turned down and Larson moved over, wisely.

Reagrdless of our difference of opinion, Larson was a real good sport both on the track and post-race.

I watched the race, the replay, and all of the interviews. There was no contact going into turn 1 either. I can see why it looked like there was at first glance. Bayston turned down and Larson moved over, wisely.

Reagrdless of our difference of opinion, Larson was a real good sport both on the track and post-race.
Yeah. I'll just ignore the part where Larson said in the interview that he was chopped going into one. Have a good evening.

Yeah. I'll just ignore the part where Larson said in the interview that he was chopped going into one. Have a good evening.

Are you familiar with what chopped means in sprint car terms? It doesn't mean contact. I've stated multiple times that Bayston chopped him off.

1651371657325.png

It isn't what I think, it's what it shows. Bayson with his front wheels cranked to the right and Larson all out of shape.

Good stuff from Larson this weekend even without a victory in either class. He greatly enhanced the level of racing even more than usual on a track that is difficult to do much with other than go really fast.

Clean lol.

You should get ahold of Larson and correct him about how upset he is supposed to be about it.

Here were his comments on the battle from the press conference:

"Yeah, just obviously very fortunate that the caution came out. So I was really happy about that, because before that I was just trying to hold off Logan, who had been fast all weekend. But then a caution came out, and I knew Spencer's engine kinda stumbles a little bit, so I felt like I'd have a good opportunity to maybe get a run on him down the front stretch, which all worked out. I threw a slider in one on the restart, and didn't have him quite cleared, but I was able to stay close to him, down the back. I sent it again into three, and got across the center better than I had in one, and I knew had him cleared for a moment, so I was kinda driving across, and I thought I could hear him coming. so I left him just enough room. Kind of enough to where he was going to have to make a decision whether to lift or squeeze around me, and he squeezed around. So he did a good job, and then blocked me down the front stretch, which won him the race. So yeah, that was a fun little shootout there, and wish I'd been one spot better, but it made it exciting for the fans."

"Well, we don't have mirrors or anything, so I'm kinda driving across, and I don't really know how much I'm clearing him by, and at this track you can make so much speed in the corners, I didn't know if I had him clear by a lot or not, so I think everybody races with some courtesy around here, so in the first instance I could kind of hear him coming, and I just made sure I left him a lane. I was hoping that it was just going to be...he was going to have to make a decision, and he just barely squeezed around me. So yes, there are some drivers in the field that aren't going to shoot that little hole, but he's young, that probably helps."

You should get ahold of Larson and correct him about how upset he is supposed to be about it.

Here were his comments on the battle from the press conference:

"Yeah, just obviously very fortunate that the caution came out. So I was really happy about that, because before that I was just trying to hold off Logan, who had been fast all weekend. But then a caution came out, and I knew Spencer's engine kinda stumbles a little bit, so I felt like I'd have a good opportunity to maybe get a run on him down the front stretch, which all worked out. I threw a slider in one on the restart, and didn't have him quite cleared, but I was able to stay close to him, down the back. I sent it again into three, and got across the center better than I had in one, and I knew had him cleared for a moment, so I was kinda driving across, and I thought I could hear him coming. so I left him just enough room. Kind of enough to where he was going to have to make a decision whether to lift or squeeze around me, and he squeezed around. So he did a good job, and then blocked me down the front stretch, which won him the race. So yeah, that was a fun little shootout there, and wish I'd been one spot better, but it made it exciting for the fans."

"Well, we don't have mirrors or anything, so I'm kinda driving across, and I don't really know how much I'm clearing him by, and at this track you can make so much speed in the corners, I didn't know if I had him clear by a lot or not, so I think everybody races with some courtesy around here, so in the first instance I could kind of hear him coming, and I just made sure I left him a lane. I was hoping that it was just going to be...he was going to have to make a decision, and he just barely squeezed around me. So yes, there are some drivers in the field that aren't going to shoot that little hole, but he's young, that probably helps."

lol

Larson has a real job on Sundays. Things may have ended differently if he was running full time WoO schedule or if this was 2020 when Sprint cars were his primary income.

Kaseys back

I was going to go tonight but I got like 2 hours of sleep last night, try to hit Bridgeport Tuesday

Incredible racing in the feature, one of the best of the year. Jacob Allen surges from third starting position to win in a very impressive performance over Justin Peck. Allen has come so far this year. Watching him pass cars up front in the A-Main instead of fading is really cool.

1. Jacob Allen
2. Justin Peck
3. Carson Macedo
4. Spencer Bayston
5. Anthony Macri

Back
Top Bottom