2022 Xfinity Series News

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
Gragson is Cup racing in the Daytona 500 for Beard racing. They have Gragson in the #62, an alliance with RCR and they have Brenden Gaughan up on the pit box as vice president of racing operations. What's not to like.
I think I'd rather have Noah on the box and Brenden in the car, at least for fantasy purposes.

Kiante

Team Owner

Charlie Spencer

Those were his X cars? I just assumed they were cars for a lower series, an assumption based on the rules against testing.

"Surely an successful, informed owner knows testing isn't allowed!"

donthaveanickname

Viva Polonia
I wondered if those pics Harmon had at the Rock were a testing violation. Bacarella suspended for substance abuse policy.

Labbe drove an Xfinity car at the Daytona road course days before the race last year and got away with it.
I mean they were Zombie Dodges, but damn that's a heavy penalty for his organization
A picture published on his twitter shows him driving a Chevy. Would NASCAR even have noticed if he hadn't posted anything?

Kiante

Team Owner
Labbe drove an Xfinity car at the Daytona road course days before the race last year and got away with it.

A picture published on his twitter shows him driving a Chevy. Would NASCAR even have noticed if he hadn't posted anything?
No Labbe got hit, Mario Gosselin had the same penalty placed onto him as Harmon:
EemoH54X0AQUHkZ.jpeg

Labbe was docked 75 points. Or did DGM protest the penalties? I cannot remember that well.

Charlie Spencer

I don't think intentions matter. Even if they did, it appears this 'charity event' was put on by an outfit called 'Motorsports 4 the Masses'. Based on this link referring to their Bristol rental,

the tracks, not M4them, make a charitable contribution equivalent to the rental fees. M4them would be paying the track fees regardless of what the track did with the money. Anything participation / entry fees above the track rental costs are profit for M4them. The linked page explicitly refers to M4them as a 'business'.

Maybe this was presented to Harmon as a charity event. At 5:30 in the morning with only five minutes of research, it looks like a profit-making endeavor to me.

AuzGrams

Team Owner
They’re seriously penalizing Harmon for running a car at Rockingham?

Top Bottom