2022 Xfinity Series News

Gragson is Cup racing in the Daytona 500 for Beard racing. They have Gragson in the #62, an alliance with RCR and they have Brenden Gaughan up on the pit box as vice president of racing operations. What's not to like.
I think I'd rather have Noah on the box and Brenden in the car, at least for fantasy purposes.

Those were his X cars? I just assumed they were cars for a lower series, an assumption based on the rules against testing.

"Surely an successful, informed owner knows testing isn't allowed!"

I wondered if those pics Harmon had at the Rock were a testing violation. Bacarella suspended for substance abuse policy.

Labbe drove an Xfinity car at the Daytona road course days before the race last year and got away with it.
I mean they were Zombie Dodges, but damn that's a heavy penalty for his organization
A picture published on his twitter shows him driving a Chevy. Would NASCAR even have noticed if he hadn't posted anything?

Labbe drove an Xfinity car at the Daytona road course days before the race last year and got away with it.

A picture published on his twitter shows him driving a Chevy. Would NASCAR even have noticed if he hadn't posted anything?
No Labbe got hit, Mario Gosselin had the same penalty placed onto him as Harmon:
EemoH54X0AQUHkZ.jpeg

Labbe was docked 75 points. Or did DGM protest the penalties? I cannot remember that well.

I don't think intentions matter. Even if they did, it appears this 'charity event' was put on by an outfit called 'Motorsports 4 the Masses'. Based on this link referring to their Bristol rental,

the tracks, not M4them, make a charitable contribution equivalent to the rental fees. M4them would be paying the track fees regardless of what the track did with the money. Anything participation / entry fees above the track rental costs are profit for M4them. The linked page explicitly refers to M4them as a 'business'.

Maybe this was presented to Harmon as a charity event. At 5:30 in the morning with only five minutes of research, it looks like a profit-making endeavor to me.

They’re seriously penalizing Harmon for running a car at Rockingham?

Official Statement from Mike Harmon Racing - Denver, North Carolina

Today, the National Motorsports Review Board voted to uphold the penalty imposed by NASCAR, on November 22, 2021, regarding alleged testing, that occurred at a charity fundraiser at the Rockingham Speedway. NASCAR imposed a $50,000.00 fine, 75 point penalty and 6 race suspension for Crew Chief Ryan Bell. I want to reiterate that there was no testing being done, not a bit. We are disappointed with this outcome and ruling today, we will be challenging this ruling in the near future. We presented a solid case and are confident that we proved that there was no testing being done. This was not done in any way to circumvent the rules set forth by NASCAR, it was a charity event that benefited “Smiling While Sending Hope” as we at MHR do a lot for charities. We will move forward and prepare for the 2022 season beginning in Daytona. We want to thank our partners, loyal fans, and everyone who supports MHR. We look forward to seeing you all at the track soon. May you and your families have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Mike Harmon - Owner, Mike Harmon Racing

Alfredo has potential.

Jumping to Cup without a full-season under his belt anywhere makes him difficult to guage. He looked better than Myatt Snyder did with RCR in ride sharing. However, Myatt got the nod to keep the seat last year.

Moffitt and Burton will be good dudes to learn from, I like this team overall.

Alfredo has potential.

Jumping to Cup without a full-season under his belt anywhere makes him difficult to guage. He looked better than Myatt Snyder did with RCR in ride sharing. However, Myatt got the nod to keep the seat last year.

oh, I was looking at 9 DNF's, an average of one in every four races. His one top ten came at Talladega. Potential...got it. :biggrin:

oh, I was looking at 9 DNF's, an average of one in every four races. His one top ten came at Talladega. Potential...got it. :biggrin:
Some his fault, some not his fault.

The guy is quick and the 38 car just isn't the place for it. We all knew he was going to be in for a tough season. This will be a better guage with some pretty solid drivers and better equipment. Should be top 15 equipment every week for all three drivers.

Never had a problem with Alfredo, I like they took a chance on him.

He's been racing for years. Raced for Gilliland in the trucks, 4 DNF's in 13 races. He finished 16 for a full season in the Xfinity series in a RCR car? Sorry going by the stats nothing is there but more wrecks and back back marker status with Our Motorsports in my world.

Alfredo has potential.

He didn't do great for DGR in Trucks or RCR in Xfinity either.
If he has potential he has yet to show it.
I like that Our is fielding three cars, though. Looks like there's gonna be a pretty good field in Xfinity next year.

As far as Harmon goes, I don't understand how Labbé's penalty was overturned and Mike's wasn't. A $50,000 penalty hits this team pretty hard.

He didn't do great for DGR in Trucks or RCR in Xfinity either.
If he has potential he has yet to show it.
I like that Our is fielding three cars, though. Looks like there's gonna be a pretty good field in Xfinity next year.

As far as Harmon goes, I don't understand how Labbé's penalty was overturned and Mike's wasn't. A $50,000 penalty hits this team pretty hard.
He was better than Snider in 2020 and Snider got the full-time drive for 2021. Albeit the serving sizes were limited for both (19 for Alfredo and 8 for Snider). As Myatt bounced between teams as well in 2020, but had enough funding for a full-season in 2022

Not saying Alfredo is a world beater, I feel as if he would have been equal or slightly better than Snider in the 2 this year. That's JMO and I like these two dudes as well.

Back
Top Bottom