2022 Xfinity Series News

How about that! Jeffery Earnhardt on the pole

1650668678014.png

Look forward to Chase jumping into a JRM car again. I’d like to see him do a couple truck or xfinity starts each year if it happened

I know there’s almost nothing to apply to the Cup car in most instances… but just fun to watch as a fan

All are running the 88 car with Hendrick Cars.com colors

Elliott will run at Darlington Raceway on May 7. A former Darlington winner, Elliott has five career wins in 82 Xfinity Series starts. His most recent start with a one-off race in 2021.

2 for Byron
Byron will jump in the car at Texas Motor Speedway (May 21) and New Hampshire Motor Speedway (July 16). Byron is a four-time Xfinity Series winner. He last made a start in 2017, his only year spent in the Xfinity Series.

Larson runs 2 races. So glad he is running Watkins Glenn.

Larson’s two starts will follow on Watkins Glen road course (Aug. 20) and when the series returns to Darlington (Sept. 3). A former Rookie of the Year in the Xfinity Series, Larson has 108 career starts with 12 wins.

Must be providing good results if Mr. H. is going to fund a second car, even if only X and part time.

Yeah, Hendrick said they received strong interest from new sponsors willing to be a primary on Larson's 5 car, but ultimately decided the exposure for his dealerships was worth more. Lots of fans kept assuming Larson couldn't get sponsors when in reality, they didn't have any races available for sale.

They are also sponsoring the Spire #7 truck as well as an NHRA team.....

65377cde19eb6ecd357df08922167ddcx.jpg

Look forward to Chase jumping into a JRM car again. I’d like to see him do a couple truck or xfinity starts each year if it happened

I know there’s almost nothing to apply to the Cup car in most instances… but just fun to watch as a fan

wait wait,
everyone bitched about Kyle running bush n trucks

now it’s ok, celebrated and looked forward to

oh, I remember why…….Kyle always won

wait wait,

Nope it is time for all cup drivers to stay out of the little leagues. Years ago a cup driver winning a race didn't have the impact that it does now. Given that a winner of a race now gets entry into the playoffs. Also, stage points didn't matter back in the Mark Martin days like they do now. It's time for a change giving the current state.

Nope it is time for all cup drivers to stay out of the little leagues. Years ago a cup driver winning a race didn't have the impact that it does now. Given that a winner of a race now gets entry into the playoffs. Also, stage points didn't matter back in the Mark Martin days like they do now. It's time for a change giving the current state.
I agree with your thoughts
Wins are weighted differently today
No driver should go backwards
Takes a win opportunity from a regular

Could you imagine
A JRM driver misses playoffs by not winning a race.
But finished second in race that was won by a Hendrick driver.

wait wait,

damn I got a stunner for my optimism up there. Serves me right lol

6DDE8D22-9D43-46DC-973A-AD1004228746.gif

Jim Ross: BAHH GAWD JGR_20 JUST GOT STUNNED!!!!… HE WILL THINK TWICE ABOUT CHASE RACING IN XFINITY SERIES AT DARLINGTON!!!

I agree with your thoughts
Wins are weighted differently today
No driver should go backwards
Takes a win opportunity from a regular

Could you imagine
A JRM driver misses playoffs by not winning a race.
But finished second in race that was won by a Hendrick driver.

IMO they should make it so the highest finishing driver who earns points in that series gets the playoff spot each week.

I agree but I'm fine with the current regulations for Cup drivers in the lower leagues. I'm just rooting against them every time there in a race, even if it's someone I like in Cup.
IMO they should make it so the highest finishing driver who earns points in that series gets the playoff spot each week.
I'd be strongly against that. Why battle a Cup guy for the win when you're gonna get the points anyway?

Back
Top Bottom