2023 Grand Prix of Bahrain

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
Let's go!!! Hopefully Max will face some opposition this year.

First practice results look interesting
IMG_20230303_150853.jpg

Max is not going to show his hand until he sticks it on pole.

Very disappointing that Mercedes is struggling.

Stroll ‘24, Stroll ‘25, Stroll ‘26…
He's supposedly driving one handed and has been reasonably quick, so it's probably fair to wait and see how he does when he's healed. He's currently 6th, which granted, is just practice, but that fast while playing hurt isn't a bad start.

He's supposedly driving one handed and has been reasonably quick, so it's probably fair to wait and see how he does when he's healed. He's currently 6th, which granted, is just practice, but that fast while playing hurt isn't a bad start.
Those are the titles he’s going to win. :cool:

Not sure how they’re allowing Stroll to drive. He could barely steer and couldn’t get out of the car by himself after practice.

Hard to be more graceful than that. In one way it's sad to see him hung with a dog car, but on the other we're seeing the best Lewis Hamilton ever.

Not sure how they’re allowing Stroll to drive. He could barely steer and couldn’t get out of the car by himself after practice.
Well, it's a broken wrist. They should park him for the weekend so he doesn't make it worse. It's also not safe for the others to be around a guy driving that hurt.

Hamilton is done with Mercedes's concept game. He wants merc to go back to a normal looking car.

Credit to AMR for all the work and investment they’re putting in to build a long-term contender, but it’s incredible that Mercedes have maybe reached the point where they’re now slower than a customer team.

Not really sure what Stroll is doing this weekend. I know it’s hard to pass up a weekend with a quick car, but rumor is he needed two tries to pass the extraction test, and then after practice he needed help getting out of the car. When a car catches on fire mid-race you, notably, only get one chance to get out!

Credit to AMR for all the work and investment they’re putting in to build a long-term contender, but it’s incredible that Mercedes have maybe reached the point where they’re now slower than a customer team.

Right damn near embarrassing. If they get the car concept wrong in consecutive years, I'd say it's a matter of personnel at that point. Heads should start rolling maybe starting with Wolff. Their head engineer Elliot has not impressed since Allison kind of took a step back and he has had the reigns in making and developing the car.

Maybe Hulk is the answer for Haas. Puts pressure on Mags.

Seems like every session I have seen this weekend , Mick is
standing next to Toto's perch. Little bit of a lapdog look to me.
Hope its just for the short term orientation period.

Nice Q3 for the opener.

It's so nice of Mercedes to keep using their slow zero sidepods. Makes it easier for other teams to fight for the podium.

Right damn near embarrassing. If they get the car concept wrong in consecutive years, I'd say it's a matter of personnel at that point. Heads should start rolling maybe starting with Wolff. Their head engineer Elliot has not impressed since Allison kind of took a step back and he has had the reigns in making and developing the car.
Well, it looks like they are stuck with it at least for the weekend. They got rid of the bouncing and now it's all in tweaking the package that has consistently gotten faster as the weekend goes on. Next race they may have something new, or they may get this car to work better. Or they may suck. It's too early to tell.

Hamilton was only about 0.2 behind in P3, so it might be a bit early to start firing people. It's probably better to tell everyone "We're only 2/10 back, so pull your heads out and let's go."

I'm actually enjoying Mercedes struggle because Hamilton is like a slow starting boxer. He has to take a few to the chin before he wakes up and says "Damm, I'm in a fight!" That's when you see the best Hamilton ever, and I think that's what we are going to get this year. Personally, I admire the guy and hate to see him not competitive, but I do like seeing him work miracles.

It's so nice of Mercedes to keep using their slow zero sidepods. Makes it easier for other teams to fight for the podium.
I'm not so sure it's the pods that are the problem. It sounds like they have balance issues, and those more often than not are mechanical. Either way, they have plenty of work to do.

Maybe Hulk is the answer for Haas. Puts pressure on Mags.

Seems like every session I have seen this weekend , Mick is
standing next to Toto's perch. Little bit of a lapdog look to me.
Hope its just for the short term orientation period.

Nice Q3 for the opener.
Great stuff from Hulk especially being “out of F1” for the past three years.

It worked for De Vries, maybe it’ll pan out for Mick. I think it’s good to be fully integrated into a team better than what he was with before. Hopefully learning a lot.

If you just look at the running order, it's like nothing changed from last year right now. Whether or not it stays that way is a different question.

Sargeant is holding his own right now. 13th!

Haas putting K-Mag on hards to start make completely zero sense. Guether continues to be awful at literally everything

Right now, the first six are running nearly by team. Ocon is up to 9th after starting last, so Alpine looks to be for real.

Back
Top Bottom