2023 PPG 375 at Texas

I hope all the talk about this track dropping off the schedule will be over for the time being.
This was absolutely freaking awesome. Hate that Pato missed out but Newgarden did a great job holding him off. They found a great speedway package. Not flat out, not a total pack race but great multiple-groove racing.

And I'm thankful they don't do GWCs in IndyCar, sucks that it finished under yellow but it saved us from a lot more carnage.

Need one or two more speedway races on next year's schedule though.

An-n-n-n-n-n-d Dixon is still biding his time.........:)

The last two years have completely redeemed this place. Talk about a complete 180 of a racing product. This place has it all again. The track has widened out and the combo of tight racing on fresh tires and long run tire wear makes for a good show.

Kudos to Will Power for pushing for high line practice for all those years.

@Brentford whatcha think?

The last two years have completely redeemed this place. Talk about a complete 180 of a racing product. This place has it all again. The track has widened out and the combo of tight racing on fresh tires and long run tire wear makes for a good show.

Kudos to Will Power for pushing for high line practice for all those years.

@Brentford whatcha think?

I enjoyed the experience. I don't know if I'd come back to Texas just for the Indy Car race unless I started watching more. However, if they raced at Kansas Speedway, I'd probably go.

As always, Indycar doesn't disappoint . The drivers impress me with their talent and I so look forward to each race.

Currently pounding beers before the Rangers game; yeah, that was a great race. I dunno if I can make it annually (one of my compadres here is having his first kid in July) but I'd actually give it a shot. I can't even believe I'm saying that after the 2021 doubleheader.

Tell Cup to reduce the spoiler height and increase horsepower and they'll be fine. Or they'll kill half the drivers because the car doesn't crumple at all now. One of the two. But don't touch this for Indycar.

Obviously had a lot of time now to digest the Texas race - I think the statement from David Land was perhaps most apt. It was the closest we've seen to something like the old Michigan 500 races. You could get away if your car was really fast, you could pass, you could make moves, car setup and driver mattered, but you also could see some pack-racing style action depending on the scenario and we certainly got that at the end. Best two guys all day were up front at the very end. It was the ideal.

Back
Top Bottom