2023 Tulsa Shootout

847 entries so far

Making up those 847 entries, competitors’ number 361 from 234 cities, 30 states and includes its first driver from the Netherlands: Wout Hoffmans. Racing a much different style of car than that of the Micro, Hoffmans runs a BriSCA F2 Stockcar. As he describes it, the cars are purpose-built to compete on dirt and asphalt, and the racing style is full contact.

“First time I went to America, we watched sprint cars in Volusia, and from that moment, I was hooked. I stay up late watching the World of Outlaws (WoO) and other series. When we came over to watch again this February, we met some great people, and they got me a ride for the Tulsa shootout, which is an absolute dream come true,” said Hoffmans.

The reigning British and Dutch BriSCA F2 Stockcar Champion will make his first trip to the United States aboard the Blake Dacus backed No. 5h in Restricted competition

847 entries so far

Making up those 847 entries, competitors’ number 361 from 234 cities, 30 states and includes its first driver from the Netherlands: Wout Hoffmans. Racing a much different style of car than that of the Micro, Hoffmans runs a BriSCA F2 Stockcar. As he describes it, the cars are purpose-built to compete on dirt and asphalt, and the racing style is full contact.

“First time I went to America, we watched sprint cars in Volusia, and from that moment, I was hooked. I stay up late watching the World of Outlaws (WoO) and other series. When we came over to watch again this February, we met some great people, and they got me a ride for the Tulsa shootout, which is an absolute dream come true,” said Hoffmans.

The reigning British and Dutch BriSCA F2 Stockcar Champion will make his first trip to the United States aboard the Blake Dacus backed No. 5h in Restricted competition

One of these crazy looking things
b25lY21zOmYwOWQyMWQ3LWZkMDUtNDdlOC1hNDUxLTg4NzVlOGEwOGRlMzo0NDJmMzgzNy1jZTUxLTQ4MDgtODRiZi1mYW...jpg

I'm wondering if that is the race where they have blockers that they pin the opposing team to the wall if possible and whatever other wrecking they can make happen lol. I have watched a few of those races. Pretty wild and crazy.
I think there's something similar for that that uses similar cars...I've tried to get a grasp on English oval racing but it's hard without seeing anything by youtube clips. There's banger racing which is just high speed derby. Then there the stockcars like this. Then their is autograss which is about the closest thing they have to our dirt racing. I'd really have to see it live or have someone more familiar with the scene to explain it all.

Yeah I think I remember the name Banger cars being used. They look a little larger than that picture if I remember. It has been a while. Back in the SPEED days.

Yeah I think I remember the name Banger cars being used. They look a little larger than that picture if I remember. It has been a while. Back in the SPEED days.
Banger racing...still not sure how no one dies doing this regularly.

Here is BriSCA F2

This is some BriSCA F1. Just based on sound I'm guessing bigger engine?

Then there is autograss

Announced on the evening news that most of the hotels are full in the area for the shootout. Looking at record numbers of entries for the shootout at1,739, Chili Bowl is a little light by about 35 to 40 midgets so far.

Race 1 with Tanner Thorson, race 5 &6 with Axiom and Blake Hahn, Mitchel Moles in race 19, race 20 with Kyle Busch, race 21 with Kaylee Bryson, 22 with Logan Seavey should be good ones

Back
Top Bottom