2024 Bommarito Automotive 500 @ Gateway

Palou and Dixon done before it even began, assuming there'll be no passing... which... why would you expect anything else?? I am off Saturday so I will just be excited to watch Xfinity/NXT/Indycar... first live races for me in a month or so.

Palou and Dixon done before it even began, assuming there'll be no passing... which... why would you expect anything else?? I am off Saturday so I will just be excited to watch Xfinity/NXT/Indycar... first live races for me in a month or so.
Yep, I don’t expect anything other than another dud from what I heard after testing and this week’s tire compound. Could help tighten the championship battle though.

Practice didn’t look like it would anywhere near Iowa bad, but the top kinda disappeared after the high line session as the marbles developed in final practice. If you can run even half a nose higher it’ll be decent though, just need to be able to get a run down the long straights.

Practice didn’t look like it would anywhere near Iowa bad, but the top kinda disappeared after the high line session as the marbles developed in final practice. If you can run even half a nose higher it’ll be decent though, just need to be able to get a run down the long straights.
Hopefully they'll sweep the track during every caution.
They can't afford to have another oval race as bad as Iowa.

Pretty decent so far. Would like to see the top continue to evolve with them sweeping the track during this caution, and hopefully grip up even more as the evening goes on. A little less fuel save would be nice as well, but as least there appear to be multiple viable strategies playing out.

Back
Top Bottom