2024 NASCAR Schedules

Too many races says the Hamster!

I don’t disagree with some of the items he noted, but I was completely lost as to why he thinks Darlington should move from Sunday to Saturday, or questioning whether it should be on Labor Day weekend at all. Both would be really bad moves. We already had a whole stink with Darlington losing that date years ago.

Dennis has taken too many hits to the wall. He’s one of the best plate racers in the sport and owns the car driven by another one of the best plate racers in the world. This would actually benefit him and his team.

But Dennis needs to have hot takes that pander to the anti-NASCAR crowd to get the clicks, I guess. His whole podcast is a sentient Reddit post.
We have two wild card rounds in the playoffs now. And how long will it be before the brains decide to finally take the finale to Daytona?

That’s the issue.

We have two wild card rounds in the playoffs now. And how long will it be before the brains decide to finally take the finale to Daytona?

That’s the issue.

NASCAR seems to like the finale at a track that doesn’t rely heavily on specialty skills (road course, short track, plate). Phoenix and Homestead are tracks that aren’t terribly niche.

NASCAR seems to like the finale at a track that doesn’t rely heavily on specialty skills (road course, short track, plate). Phoenix and Homestead are tracks that aren’t terribly niche.

They seem happy with Phoenix for the finale, but they were toying with the idea of moving the championship race to Daytona before. So, who's to say they don't finally decide to do it.

Dennis has taken too many hits to the wall. He’s one of the best plate racers in the sport and owns the car driven by another one of the best plate racers in the world. This would actually benefit him and his team.

But Dennis needs to have hot takes that pander to the anti-NASCAR crowd to get the clicks, I guess. His whole podcast is a sentient Reddit post.
Denny and Bubba are a couple of the best plate racers around but he’s not wrong that there’s a much more significant degree of luck involved when it comes to missing or getting caught up in wrecks on superspeedways. There’s so much more going on around you than anywhere else that’s it that much harder to control your own fate. That’s where the luck factor comes in.

Denny and Bubba are a couple of the best plate racers around but he’s not wrong that there’s a much more significant degree of luck involved when it comes to missing or getting caught up in wrecks on superspeedways. There’s so much more going on around you than anywhere else that’s it that much harder to control your own fate. That’s where the luck factor comes in.

There is obviously more luck involved at a plate track than other track types, but Dennis is being dishonest and pandering by saying that it tests “luck and not skill.” There are clearly skills being tested.

I give Dennis credit though, the dude GETS how to pander to Reddit posters and their ****** hot takes.

There is obviously more luck involved at a plate track than other track types, but Dennis is being dishonest and pandering by saying that it tests “luck and not skill.” There are clearly skills being tested.

I give Dennis credit though, the dude GETS how to pander to Reddit posters and their ****** hot takes.
Exactly you don't luck into 3 Daytona 500s

It takes a certain amount of skill, but it's not necessarily skills that translate to the rest of the tracks on the schedule. Lots of guys that can run great on a plate track that can't drive a nail anywhere else. It's kind of like a baseball player that is a great bunter but can't swing away to save his life. It's a particular non-analogous skill. The question is do we want the outlier playing a major role in who the champion is?

Honestly, this is the statement that confirms for me that Dennis saying this **** to pander to the anti-NASCAR crowd.
Why is it seemingly impossible to believe that Denny is just telling people what he REALLY thinks? Is it because it so rarely happens that people are automatically skeptical? I am FAR more skeptical of 40 drivers and 20 some odd car owners that spout the exact same opinions all the time.

I want to see an exciting season conclude with a lap 57 wreck that wipes out all 4 playoff finalists and we get to see NASCAR scramble to calvinball the rules about having a maximum of 10 minutes to fix the cars. Not because I'd be actively engaged and watching but because I want to see the world burn.

I want to see an exciting season conclude with a lap 57 wreck that wipes out all 4 playoff finalists and we get to see NASCAR scramble to calvinball the rules about having a maximum of 10 minutes to fix the cars. Not because I'd be actively engaged and watching but because I want to see the world burn.

Imagine the disorder in the booth, the gerbils would be running around squalking like chickens with their heads chopped off. I don't think they would be able to recover!

Imagine the disorder in the booth, the gerbils would be running around squalking like chickens with their heads chopped off. I don't think they would be able to recover!
Alternately, imagine watching a plate race finale where everyone involved is either riding single file because "why bother trying? we're not supposed to, literally look at the results of every Cup finale with this system" or actively trying to push one of the four championship contenders based on team/manufacturer loyalty. No one else is trying to go up front, just guys stacked up pushing.

That might be interesting IF at least one manufacturer doesn't have a car in the four. Two of them on the outside looking in would be better. :p
Not really, since the whole "clearly the finale is rigged in favor of the finalists" would just leave said manufacturer efforts putting around in the single file line or diving out of the way rather than move forwards.

It takes a certain amount of skill, but it's not necessarily skills that translate to the rest of the tracks on the schedule. Lots of guys that can run great on a plate track that can't drive a nail anywhere else. It's kind of like a baseball player that is a great bunter but can't swing away to save his life. It's a particular non-analogous skill. The question is do we want the outlier playing a major role in who the champion is?
Well I they do decide to do it then there’s nothing we can do about it, so why the hell couldn’t they have while Jr was still there?
;) ;) :D :XXROFL:

Screenshot_20231026_220431_Facebook.jpg

NASCAR Fan Council listed the spring race at Bristol on dirt when asking about how excited we were for the 2024 season. Geesh!

That’s the issue.
It’d be a fantastic place for it! If it were possible from an engineering standpoint to create a package that allows for “Indy 500” style drafting or if we ran the Rolex 24 course I would be all for it.

Maybe if we remove the spoiler completely it would make them squirmy enough thru the corner to negate pack racing?

Back
Top Bottom