2024 Next Gen Car

Well, I've never had a team owner come over and have a several minute conversation with me, (even when I had hot pass access to the garage area) or been invited behind the ropes to check out the cars up close like I have at IMSA events, nor have seen very many all inclusive fan walks or mandatory autograph sessions in NASCAR.
Thats a shame. You should write your local congressman

Well, I've never had a team owner come over and have a several minute conversation with me, (even when I had hot pass access to the garage area) or been invited behind the ropes to check out the cars up close like I have at IMSA events, nor have seen very many all inclusive fan walks or mandatory autograph sessions in NASCAR.

That's because there's a lot more nascar fans than that series and when you have that many people around you can't stop people from messing with and stealing stuff. Todd Gordon mentioned that several times they had stuff turn up missing in the garage area. How would you like random people walking into your work area, messing with your stuff, stealing tools and taking any clothing that's laying around?

That's because there's a lot more nascar fans than that series and when you have that many people around you can't stop people from messing with and stealing stuff. Todd Gordon mentioned that several times they had stuff turn up missing in the garage area. How would you like random people walking into your work area, messing with your stuff, stealing tools and taking any clothing that's laying around?
There is a happy medium, and the NHRA has been finding that balance for many many decades.

I'm not buying they can't have fan access to the garage area due to to many fans so they can't keep them from stealing or walking in their garage space. I realize NHRA doesn't have as many fans as NASCAR, but they have enough that the pit area is a sea of fans between rounds, the teams don't have a problem keeping the fans out of the teams roped off pit space. Sure, things have been stolen if it was left outside of the area on the golf cart...but that is why you have a secured garage area or a secured roped off pit space so you shouldn't need to leave things unattended outside of your work area.

1701797239428.png

That may have been the line for a John Force autograph session. :D

Hey, it is what it is, I know that when I buy a ticket, but to say that NASCAR is very fan friendly is just absurd. In some cases I would say some that some tracks have gone out of their way to lessen the fan experience.
lol. I cant with you. You're insane

That's because there's a lot more nascar fans than that series and when you have that many people around you can't stop people from messing with and stealing stuff.
It hasn’t seemed to be an issue for 50k+ at the Rolex, 100k+ at Sebring, or 60k+ at Long Beach. Maybe this depends on who the paying audience is, but people generally tend to respect boundaries that teams establish.

Maybe you consider forcing fans to ONLY buy their ridiculously over priced food and drinks and charging you to pay to park on racetrack property for instance fan friendly. I do not.
So you cant take a cooler to a race? You cant view the pit crews and cars at Daytona, Las Vegas, Phoenix etc... You're telling me drivers are unavailable for autographs? You are incredibly naive, try taking a cooler in a NFL stadium, basketball arena, baseball game. You think you park for free at an NFL ( basketball,baseball) game? lol. Try again buddy its twice what you pay at a NASCAR race. Also, try to get a sideline pass for a game lol.

Maybe you consider forcing fans to ONLY buy their ridiculously over priced food and drinks and charging you to pay to park on racetrack property for instance fan friendly. I do not.

Auto racing is way more fan friendly than every other major sport. Everything you cited here is part of the standard experience in every other major sport and no one bats an eye.

No other sport has sanctioning bodies that lets you meet the competitors right before the competition starts or allows you access to the field of play. In the broader scheme, NASCAR competes with the NFL, MLB, NFL, NHL and MLS. NASCAR might be slightly less fan friendly than other motorsports but it's leagues ahead of every other major sports sanctioning body.

Some of you need some perspective. There's a world of sport outside of auto racing. Racing fans have it damn good when it comes to access.

I'm not buying they can't have fan access to the garage area due to to many fans so they can't keep them from stealing or walking in their garage space. I realize NHRA doesn't have as many fans as NASCAR, but they have enough that the pit area is a sea of fans between rounds, the teams don't have a problem keeping the fans out of the teams roped off pit space. Sure, things have been stolen if it was left outside of the area on the golf cart...but that is why you have a secured garage area or a secured roped off pit space so you shouldn't need to leave things unattended outside of your work area.
NASCAR does allow access and they are building areas for the fans to get a better experience at several tracks.

What tracks are you at? Darlington and Charlotte have free parking and allow coolers. This isn't a NASCAR policy, it's the individual tracks.

NASCAR does allow access and they are building areas for the fans to get a better experience at several tracks.

I paid $25 to make laps to the NASCAR Foundation to take multiple laps around Richmond in my street car. I've done stadium tours at MLB and NFL venues and have never been allowed to walk on the field of play, even when it's the off season. In terms of fan access, NASCAR is unparalleled among major sanctioning bodies.

I paid $25 to make laps to the NASCAR Foundation to take multiple laps around Richmond in my street car. I've done stadium tours at MLB and NFL venues and have never been allowed to walk on the field of play, even when it's the off season. In terms of fan access, NASCAR is unparalleled among major sanctioning bodies.
That’s likely franchise-specific; the Rays have let kids and families run the bases after Sunday home games for as long as I can remember.

I've done stadium tours at MLB and NFL venues and have never been allowed to walk on the field of play, even when it's the off season.
I've purchased season tickets at Darlington that included being able to walk the track on Sunday morning before the race. I picked up 'marbles' left from Saturday's X race.

Delusional. Maybe the NASCAR guys make a "little more money"? Grassroots must be very, very lucrative. Sounds like a guy who doesn't know what the average guy makes....and that's fine, but maybe don't try to come off like you understand that you do? Secondly, I personally want access to the cars. The drivers can stay in their motorhomes for all I care.

Delusional. Maybe the NASCAR guys make a "little more money"? Grassroots must be very, very lucrative. Sounds like a guy who doesn't know what the average guy makes....and that's fine, but maybe don't try to come off like you understand that you do? Secondly, I personally want access to the cars. The drivers can stay in their motorhomes for all I care.
yep, spoiled

yep, spoiled
I tend not to give too much of a **** about what drivers say about the industry (very interested on how they like their cars), but this is a tool statement. Those "spoiled" fans pay a hell of a lot to get to events. Jack nugget comment.

I tend not to give too much of a **** about what drivers say about the industry (very interested on how they like their cars), but this is a tool statement. Those "spoiled" fans pay a hell of a lot to get to events. Jack nugget comment.
Fans have access to the garage area in many venues, but they sure don't want nuts asking a million questions when they are trying to work on the cars so that is isolated. Driver access is better than any sport. The trailers are back after Brian snorted off into the sunset.

Fans have access to the garage area in many venues, but they sure don't want nuts asking a million questions when they are trying to work on the cars so that is isolated. Driver access is better than any sport. The trailers are back after Brian snorted off into the sunset.
Yeah, the fan access to the garages in Phoenix proves that it can be done....but the nut bag drunk fans who shout **** at the crews is a ****** embarrassment. I feel bad for the crews.

So no transaxle testing after all, although the aero changes and especially tire compounds tested yesterday sounded like positives.

Hey, it is what it is, I know that when I buy a ticket, but to say that NASCAR is very fan friendly is just absurd. In some cases I would say some that some tracks have gone out of their way to lessen the fan experience.
Yup, Pocono doesn't even allow fans with a Pit Pass to walk the length of pit road anymore.

Yup, Pocono doesn't even allow fans with a Pit Pass to walk the length of pit road anymore.
You guys can die on this hill but races and track insurance rules make it tough enough on pit access and so forth, that's why they have Hot and Cold passes. You always have to have your head on the swivel and your wits about you and fans and alcohol and cars don't mix.

So no transaxle testing after all, although the aero changes and especially tire compounds tested yesterday sounded like positives.

Blaney said the front splitter change and the feel of the car was massive compared to last year

Blaney said the front splitter change and the feel of the car was massive compared to last year
The only thing that worries me is things do intended things during testing because teams haven't been given the time to science the changes out yet

I wonder if this will be similar as I'm quitting watching Nascar because they moved the gol durn numbers.

Nobody quit watching, but I'm sure some quit/decreased buying diecasts and merch.

How would mufflers help the fan experience? For those who don't listen to scanners, earplugs cost less than a dollar

Back
Top Bottom