2024 Rolex 24 at DAYTONA

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Five full practices across Friday and Saturday at the Roar this weekend, qualifying Sunday on Peacock. Final grid breakdown is 10 GTP / 13 LMP2 / 13 GTD Pro / 23 GTD

Also a pair of VP Challenge (LMP3/GT4) races on Peacock this weekend.

IMG_1893.jpeg

Pitt’s character is starring in sports cars after a major crash derailed his F1 career, and subsequently is tapped to come back to F1 and help develop the rising talent played by Damson Idris.
Honestly, I googled it and he's he's 60 years old. He looks great for 60, but come on. This is starting to sound a lot like Driven Part II. I hope I'm wrong but we all know Hollywood.

Pretty nice to see JDC and Proton go 1-2 in today’s second practice. I’m sure the factories are holding back a bit still but the privateers picked up some speed from yesterday.

They are turning cars away because the infield is out of parking. They are only letting you walk in.
Wow, crazy. I wonder if they are letting infield campers stay all week.
Back when I would do the Roars, it seemed like it was 4 weeks before the race.
It would be iust 25% filled, really nice to have some elbow room.

Race weather trending nicely for next weekend.
Lows - mid 60's
Highs - upper 70's
35% chance of showers to spice up things

Sounds like NASCAR should do something similar for Daytona Speedweeks.

Perhaps they should work with the dirt tracks & asphalt tracks and have some stuff in the morning & afternoon?? I need to see if IMSA has more content.

Week Before Rolex 24

- Friday - Clash practice & qualifying draw, Stadium Super Trucks on the RC
- Saturday - ARCA 200 / Clash oval Night race on FS1/FOX, Stadium Super Trucks on the RC
- Sunday - Super Bowl
- Monday - OFF
- Tuesday - afternoon Daytona 500 practice
- Wednesday - IROC Night race, Daytona 500 late afternoon qualifying
- Thursday - Duel 150 races
- Friday - Truck Series 250, Daytona 500 practice
- Saturday - Xfinity 300, Daytona 500 practice
- Sunday - Daytona 500

Daytona RC is something special for IMSA. The Pilot Challenge race shouldn’t be on Peacock. Daytona Beach is a spectacle for motorsports.

Ugh, is there a radio broadcast of the Roar & the 24?

Peacock is a bit much for what little it offers besides a few IndyCar & IMSA races, occasional football games, maybe if they showed Monster Jam live.

Will have to catch a replay later tonight, but it looks like we’re tracking towards a new pole qualifying record with the way times are tumbling in this final practice.

2019 Olly Jarvis in the Mazda RT24-P 1:33.685

Big, big speeds today. All nine of the GTPs who went out broke the 2019 pole record. Overall track records have been set twice in six years now after the Toyota Eagle MkIII record set in 1993 stood for twenty-six years.

Young Seb Priaulx set the outright GT3 track qualifying record in the Rexy machine as well.

Back
Top Bottom