23XI statement on not signing Charter agreement

I wonder what the sticking point is for 23XI? If I had to guess it’s the amount of TV revenue that makes it to Chartered teams.

Reactions: Pat
23XI is going to play this out as long as they can and milk NASCAR for whatever money they can. They'll use their star power of DH and MJ and get their message out there. They've been the loudest whiners since the beginning.

Doesn't matter what the deal is. The teams want as much as they can get. NASCAR wants to keep as much as they can get.

23XI is going to play this out as long as they can and milk NASCAR for whatever money they can. They'll use their star power of DH and MJ and get their message out there. They've been the loudest whiners since the beginning.

Doesn't matter what the deal is. The teams want as much as they can get. NASCAR wants to keep as much as they can get.
Along the same lines. Denny trying to pay for their way over budget headquarters is nonsense.

Do they think they're going to get a special MJ deal here or what?

It's nice to have him around but at the end of the day, he doesn't mean crap to them.

Let's not forget how much they dumped into that shrine they call a shop. They can't afford to let that sit empty next season

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I don't understand what 23XI has to gain now by holding out and making these public statements. If NASCAR has the majority of the teams signed, including all of the majors, then they don't care what 23XI does.

They're a two car team. Yes, a successful one so far, with a big-name owner. But it isn't like the field or the racing product is hinging on their presence.

I don't understand what 23XI has to gain now by holding out and making these public statements. If NASCAR has the majority of the teams signed, including all of the majors, then they don't care what 23XI does.

They're a two car team. Yes, a successful one so far, with a big-name owner. But it isn't like the field or the racing product is hinging on their presence.
I wonder if Chris Polk will make a further statement?

I have a hard time believing Rick Hendrick and all his wealth could be “coerced and threatened”.

Sounds like bs to me. Rick, Penske, Gibbs all massive figures who can 100% rattle NASCAR’s cage were quickly “coerced.”

Yeah, that’s a no for me dog. lol

Hopefully whatever that clause was that was being talked about, where they can punish you harshly if you spoke badly against NASCAR, isn’t actually something real and part of this. If so, then I think anyone who signed it, imo is kinda stupid. But I would hope that the owners are smarter than that.

They ain't gonna get anything other than a little publicity.
c55def63-8e1c-4039-a18d-957e31d9a3a9.jpg

Sounds like bs to me. Rick, Penske, Gibbs all massive figures who can 100% rattle NASCAR’s cage were quickly “coerced.”

Yeah, that’s a no for me dog. lol
Happens everyday in the corporate world.

What if it was the Felon that coerced Nascar to coerce the other teams to sign!!!!

I wonder if Chris Polk will make a further statement?
I think he already did at Darlington. Pinned on his shirt. 😂

Fox Sports captured 23XI Racing investor Curtis Polk with a piece of computer paper pinned to the back of his shirt which read: “Please don’t ask me about my Charter. I don’t want to disparage NASCAR and lose it [zipped-lips emoji].” According to sources and a comment from 23XI Racing co-owner Denny Hamlin on his podcast yesterday, the shirt was a reference to an anti-disparagement clause that NASCAR has newly inserted into drafts of the charter deal. Hamlin on the Dirty Mo Media podcast said, “I would choose not to speak about (Polk’s shirt), but it kind of speaks for itself, and I can’t believe he actually wore that. They do not want you speaking negatively, that’s a new add to the charter agreement. We’ll see how that goes.”
Capture2.JPG

Hopefully whatever that clause was that was being talked about, where they can punish you harshly if you spoke badly against NASCAR, isn’t actually something real and part of this. If so, then I think anyone who signed it, imo is kinda stupid. But I would hope that the owners are smarter than that.
So your employer is fine letting you publicly disgrace the company and remain employed?

I think he already did at Darlington. Pinned on his shirt. 😂

Fox Sports captured 23XI Racing investor Curtis Polk with a piece of computer paper pinned to the back of his shirt which read: “Please don’t ask me about my Charter. I don’t want to disparage NASCAR and lose it [zipped-lips emoji].” According to sources and a comment from 23XI Racing co-owner Denny Hamlin on his podcast yesterday, the shirt was a reference to an anti-disparagement clause that NASCAR has newly inserted into drafts of the charter deal. Hamlin on the Dirty Mo Media podcast said, “I would choose not to speak about (Polk’s shirt), but it kind of speaks for itself, and I can’t believe he actually wore that. They do not want you speaking negatively, that’s a new add to the charter agreement. We’ll see how that goes.”
View attachment 80260
It wouldn't bother me a bit if that was to shut Hamlin up. He screws up more than he fixes.

Reactions: sdj
So your employer is fine letting you publicly disgrace the company and remain employed?

I believe if NASCAR makes a horrible decision, drivers should be able to speak their mind about it. They don’t want teams questioning their decisions. Sometimes they need to be called out. IMO.

I believe if NASCAR makes a horrible decision, drivers should be able to speak their mind about it. They don’t want teams questioning their decisions. Sometimes they need to be called out. IMO.
Calling them out is one thing. But doing it on a public platform is the problem. Why would they keep paying someone that is publicly telling people how things are being done wrong?

This a business, not a sport. You have to publicly protect the image of the business.

Reports are that NASCAR set a deadline of midnight Friday, or charters would be revoked.

They're paying them for a service. Call it what you want......

No, NASCAR doesn't pay the teams. It distributes other people's money (networks, official partners, and race and series sponsors) to the teams as contractually specified. Indeed, teams have to pay entry fees for each race.

No, NASCAR doesn't pay the teams. It distributes other people's money (networks, official partners, and race and series sponsors) to the teams as contractually specified. Indeed, teams have to pay entry fees for each race.
The networks pay nascar, not the teams. It's their money to do with it as they please.

So your salary isn't really yours because your employer gives it to you? Technically, it's theirs for you to redribute

Calling them out is one thing. But doing it on a public platform is the problem. Why would they keep paying someone that is publicly telling people how things are being done wrong?

This a business, not a sport. You have to publicly protect the image of the business.

We will just have to agree to disagree. Cause I don’t have an issue with it. Them publicly speaking out against the car when it was injuring people was an example of how it can be a good thing.

We will just have to agree to disagree. Cause I don’t have an issue with it. Them publicly speaking out against the car when it was injuring people was an example of how it can be a good thing.
Nascar was working on the problem and to have this numb nutz running his mouth wasn't helping a thing. Saying they killed the dummy and all the other B.S.. Bottom line the car got fixed. He didn't solve anything.

Back
Top Bottom