59th Rolex 24 at Daytona

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Testing this weekend, qualifying Saturday, qualifying race Sunday.

Might be some more COVID shakeups among the entries, one team already had the plug pulled last night.

EsHd_S6XcAAOqaH

Top of the field got a lot closer today as everyone in DPi has set a lap within 1.5 seconds of each other after night practice.

Results

The #31 was originally on pole for Sunday’s qualifying race but failed tech along with WTR and RWR-Eurasia.

This qualifying race is either going to be good or bad.

Lets hope none of the teams have to endure long nights until next weekend.

Antonio Fuoco is really, really quick.

LMP2 is certainly fun to watch, so far.
I think it's gonna be great next week especially when the pros are in the car. Super competitive class when you look at the lineups and teams involved. I'm actually a bit disappointed RWR/Eurasia don't have an ORECA because I think they actually have a competent drive lineup that would be able to compete otherwise; the Ligier is just too damn draggy for tracks like Daytona and Le Mans.

The first half hour or so was pretty goofy but overall I think there's a lot of potential for next weekend. Only real concerns are LMP3s mixing too much with GTs as well as their durability, having not done real big-time enduros before.

I recall Earnhardt saying in an interview he and Andy Pilgrim were preserving the car for the two young drivers, the young drivers were Earnhardt Jr and Kelly Collins (Earnhardt's grin suggested he was poking fun at the young guns).

Mazda MX-5 Cup went from IndyCar sanctioning to the IMSA umbrella over the off-season and are making their Daytona debut this weekend, and the race was absolutely bonkers. There was a late yellow that resulted effectively in a GWC with a last-lap pass for the win. Hopefully they get highlights up somewhere soon.

Back
Top Bottom