59th Rolex 24 at Daytona

Thats rough totaling your MX5 on your own with a couple laps to go.
Yep , Hindy got it right with the call on the pass for the win before the
yellow came out. Pilots Next !!!!!!!! If I was there, I would be sitting in the
top row at the Western Horseshoe with a full cooler for the MPC race.
Lots of action and good viewing of the infield . Then, you can
turn around and get a good view of them on the 1/2 banking. Heaven.

oops, weathertech practice first, then MPC.

Last edited:
That trip through the infield on the restart? NASCAR would have had the yellow out before he got back to the track.
The car wouldve never made it back to the track

hpf2j28z25v01.jpg

It looked pretty quick in person, but hearing it vaguely whistle by was pretty weird. I’m not ready for all the E stuff yet, but it’s probably only two or three years before this E TCR is its own series in the States.
Formula E is weird to watch when they fly by a stationary camera with no noise.

It looked pretty quick in person, but hearing it vaguely whistle by was pretty weird. I’m not ready for all the E stuff yet, but it’s probably only two or three years before this E TCR is its own series in the States.
I expect I won't have a bit of trouble getting used to it.

I don't think electric racing will replace traditional racing anytime soon.
Despite being promoted to World Championship status, Formula E has failed to gain a big fanbase yet. Audi and BMW are leaving FE at the end of next season becuase it's apparently not a good marketing platform.
3(?) years ago there were plans for an "Electric GT Series" with identical Teslas. Some tracks and drivers were announced but no race ever took place.
I would not be too surprised if ETCR doesn't become a thing.

I don't think electric racing will replace traditional racing anytime soon.
Despite being promoted to World Championship status, Formula E has failed to gain a big fanbase yet. Audi and BMW are leaving FE at the end of next season becuase it's apparently not a good marketing platform.
3(?) years ago there were plans for an "Electric GT Series" with identical Teslas. Some tracks and drivers were announced but no race ever took place.
I would not be too surprised if ETCR doesn't become a thing.
I don’t think it will replace it any time soon but things are slowly heading in that direction. GM announced this week they plan to go all electric by 2035. I couldn’t get into FE either, but it does at least have many big manufacturers still and I think McLaren are looking at joining to fill the Audi/BMW void. So not any time soon but I could see more smaller championships pop up as things keep heading in that direction. I think this ETCR is supposed to come to Yurrup and China in the next couple of years so we shall see.

Happy Rolex 24 weekend ladies and gents. The long racing winter ( for those of us who cant, dont, or have no earthly idea on how to stream) is over. Pizza and wings are going to carry me for the next 24 hours as of 2pm central time. I cant wait to seen Montoya, Johnson, Elliott and the plethora of Indy Car drives give this a shot. Are any ex F1 drivers racing in this, I didnt see when I skimmed the entry list. Lets GOOO!

Also, I'm a bit disappointed in GM not giving Cadillac the green light for selling merchandise at the track.

It makes zero sense as to why you have brand activation with a car exhibit , but no merchandise.
when I went in 17 I couldnt find any Caddy or Gm Merchandise. I really wanted a WTR/Konica Minolta hat. Had to get off the website when I got home. Have fun there today its an amazing experience, so many things to do and see, the access to everything shocked me.

I don’t think it will replace it any time soon but things are slowly heading in that direction. GM announced this week they plan to go all electric by 2035. I couldn’t get into FE either, but it does at least have many big manufacturers still and I think McLaren are looking at joining to fill the Audi/BMW void. So not any time soon but I could see more smaller championships pop up as things keep heading in that direction. I think this ETCR is supposed to come to Yurrup and China in the next couple of years so we shall see.
Several manufacturers have announced they'd be going all electric in the next 10-15 and several governments announced their intention to ban non-electric cars.
I just don't see it happening, there are so few electric cars on the road I can't believe everyone will go electric within the next ten years.

The complicated hybrid systems in F1 or WEC haven't really been a success as well. E-Fuels could be the way to "save" traditional racing for years to come.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed in GM not giving Cadillac the green light for selling merchandise at the track.

It makes zero sense as to why you have brand activation with a car exhibit , but no merchandise.
This is why I hold onto my old Cadillac PWC shirt they were handing out for free at St. Pete when that program was still around.

I’m in the stands. Palpable buzz.

Back
Top Bottom