A more challenging song game

“Ebony And Ivory” - Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder

Ehh... not really in the spirit of the game. Can you do better?

I have to laugh. Why am I catching all of this flack suddenly? Rules have been bent left and right, and the word "a" got re-used from one song to the next.

It's your game. I thought "watchtower" contained the word "tower" and was spirited enough. I'm fine with exacting rules, but define them, and let's stop with the "same basic word" stuff that passed earlier.

"Tower of Song" - Leonard Cohen

Last edited:
Define the rules and I'll make sure to observe them. Compound words are no good, but plurals and different tenses and adding contractions are OK. What else?

Last edited:
No problem whatsoever. Coming out in support of my man gnomesayin.

Many cases of anal retention can be traced back to flawed toilet training.

No problem whatsoever. Coming out in support of my man gnomesayin.

Many cases of anal retention can be traced back to flawed toilet training.
Why don't both of ya start your own game if you can't respect the original poster who started this one..Is that too complicated?..or quit posting if you don't like the rules. You all have many options instead of being ego driven jackasses

Oh ... yesterday you were whimpering and whining about being personally attacked.

Goose / Gander

Both of us took a couple of shots at trying to liven the game up a little by being creative.

Obviously, those efforts were / are unwelcome.

Message received.

Why don't both of ya start your own game if you can't respect the original poster who started this one..Is that too complicated?..or quit posting if you don't like the rules. You all have many options instead of being ego driven jackasses

You warn against personal attacks and name calling and then do that? I was trying to play by the rules. For some reason "tower" to "watchtower" was a no-no, and I asked for clarification given the frequent mangling of words that went by uncorrected. The game was being played casually until it wasn't. I stated I will play by the rules if they are clarified.

You warn against personal attacks and name calling and then do that? I was trying to play by the rules. For some reason "tower" to "watchtower" was a no-no, and I asked for clarification given the frequent mangling of words that went by uncorrected. The game was being played casually until it wasn't. I stated I will play by the rules if they are clarified.
I believe you flipped out when asked nicely to change your answer. Then passive aggressive totally derailed the thing off topically on purpose. If both of ya are blameless. I apologize

My baby does the Hanky Panky - Tommy James and the Shondells

I believe you flipped out when asked nicely to change your answer. Then passive aggressive totally derailed the thing off topically on purpose. If both of ya are blameless. I apologize

In retrospect, I was a little over the top. :D

On the merits, a clearer set of rules is still needed if they are expected to be followed closely.

In retrospect, I was a little over the top. :D

On the merits, a clearer set of rules is still needed if they are expected to be followed closely.
hell isn't it easier to just do what the OP wants to do, it ain't like we have any skin in the game? bestest song poster? I questioned one song myself, after I didn't play for a week because my fragile ego was busted. Come to find out I wasn't paying attention. :idunno:

I hope it's a little better understood now, not trying to be a dick but I just like it to be a bit of a challenge. I often try to quote the more challenging word but that's just me. Any word in the title is fair game.
Now... group hug!

Baby I'm Yours - Barbara Lewis

Baby Come Back - The Equals

I hope it's a little better understood now, not trying to be a dick but I just like it to be a bit of a challenge. I often try to quote the more challenging word but that's just me. Any word in the title is fair game.
Now... group hug!

Baby I'm Yours - Barbara Lewis

Baby Come Back - The Equals
Baby you can drive my car - The Beatles

Back
Top Bottom