A more challenging song game

I hope it's a little better understood now, not trying to be a dick but I just like it to be a bit of a challenge. I often try to quote the more challenging word but that's just me. Any word in the title is fair game.
Now... group hug

I am glad to only play within the defined rules and agree the challenge is the game's draw. I try to avoid using the most common and short words if possible, and only use a song that genuinely comes to mind, not run off to Google "Songs with X in the title".

So to be clear, can you confirm that:

verbs can change tenses, "walk" to "walked", "go" to "going", etc.
plural forms can be added or subtracted
words like "the" and "a" can technically be used, but are frowned upon?

You ruled against my changing to a compound word that contained the original word. Are prefixes and suffixes also disallowed?

I am glad to only play within the defined rules and agree the challenge is the game's draw. I try to avoid using the most common and short words if possible, and only use a song that genuinely comes to mind, not run off to Google "Songs with X in the title".

So to be clear, can you confirm that:

verbs can change tenses, "walk" to "walked", "go" to "going", etc.
plural forms can be added or subtracted
words like "the" and "a" can technically be used, but are frowned upon?

You ruled against my changing to a compound word that contained the original word. Are prefixes and suffixes also disallowed?
I think that's a good summation and I would say avoid the prefixes and suffixes, yes.

I should add I don't think there should be a problem with looking up songs to help. I know my memory's not once it once was and how would we enforce that anyway? Let's not overthink this and just have fun. I like being reminded of songs I may not have thought of in a long time and sometimes I go play them after seeing them here. I've always liked music from many different genres.

I should add I don't think there should be a problem with looking up songs to help. I know my memory's not once it once was and how would we enforce that anyway? Let's not overthink this and just have fun. I like being reminded of songs I may not have thought of in a long time and sometimes I go play them after seeing them here. I've always liked music from many different genres.
That's one of the reasons I participate is to play some of the songs/groups I either haven't heard or ones that I need to hear again.

Back
Top Bottom