A Tribute To Dale Earnhardt

I don't know if anyone's posted this yet. This is the tribute to Dale Earnhardt from the 2001 Winston Cup Awards Ceremony... Brian Williams, Garth Brooks and Teresa Earnhardt.

I'm a huge Garth Brooks fan btw.

This song isn't really a tribute to Dale. It's a song about he infamous Bristol race in 95 where Dale wrecked several cars during the race, then spun Terry Labonte on the last lap sending him across the finish line sideways before he crunched into the wall as the winner.
Rusty was mad and threw a water bottle at Dale after the race. lol

Like I said, it's not a tribute to Dale, but it brings back good memories of the Dale Earnhardt nascar.

Good times.

I absolutely believe that Dale was the greatest of all time and I will never forget where I was when the news broke. I remember watching the race with my Dad who was a huge Sr. fan and seeing a blank stare on his face, but why must we memorialize the guy every single year around the anniversary of his death? Every single year when the Daytona 500 comes around there is another reflection on his career or tribute to his life. He is without a doubt one of the greatest sports icons ever, but its a tired act now. I can see it on the 1 year, 5 year, 10 year etc. but every year?

I absolutely believe that Dale was the greatest of all time and I will never forget where I was when the news broke. I remember watching the race with my Dad who was a huge Sr. fan and seeing a blank stare on his face, but why must we memorialize the guy every single year around the anniversary of his death? Every single year when the Daytona 500 comes around there is another reflection on his career or tribute to his life. He is without a doubt one of the greatest sports icons ever, but its a tired act now. I can see it on the 1 year, 5 year, 10 year etc. but every year?
I'm not even sure what to say to that one....

I guess this will have to do...

upload_2014-2-18_13-20-52.jpeg

Earnhardt must not have minded the Waltrips too bad, he hired them both to drive his cars.
Dale had great friendships off the track, but on the track it was a different story. I remember stories of him helping other drivers in the garage, loaning or giving them parts so they could make the race. That was the kind of guy he was, always giving back because he knew how hard it was to get where he was. He was a blue collar, true grit kind of guy and I wish we had some of those kind of guys in the sport today. Unfortunately in todays world those type of guys wouldn't make it past the local level, it is all about corporate dollars and "the look" to make it anywhere in Nascar these days!

This song isn't really a tribute to Dale. It's a song about he infamous Bristol race in 95 where Dale wrecked several cars during the race, then spun Terry Labonte on the last lap sending him across the finish line sideways before he crunched into the wall as the winner.
Rusty was mad and threw a water bottle at Dale after the race. lol

Like I said, it's not a tribute to Dale, but it brings back good memories of the Dale Earnhardt nascar.

Good times.

Got to hand it to Rusty, he was about the only driver to approach Dale after a race. Usually, drivers who got dealt with on the racetrack would retreat to their haulers angry & complaining to Jerry Punch about how they were wronged. Truly Intimidating to the other drivers because of his style of driving especially because he won no matter what, even when other drivers tried to retaliate they usually ended up spinning themselves out. Car owners started telling their drivers they'd better do something about it or start looking for a new job. That was Earnhardt, he was that driver you didn't want to start in front of, the driver if you started next to & looked over all you saw was the top of that helmet with those eyes searing back at you & that grin. Always the first car that'd be covered up at practice while everyone else was trying to figure their setups out. You were always asking about where he was during the race, you were having a dominant day & suddenly in the last few laps here come first the Wrangler & later the Goodwrench Chevy, oh no....

Rusty was a punk. He was no better than Earnhardt when it came to steam rolling a car in front of him.
He knew there would be a dozen guys down there to "hold him back" when he confronted Dale.
After that race he vowed payback on Dale at Darlington. Then at Darlington, Rusty gave Dale a tiny bump on the straightaway that hardly moved the back end of the 3 car, and called it even. lol

Rusty was a punk. He was no better than Earnhardt when it came to steam rolling a car in front of him.
He knew there would be a dozen guys down there to "hold him back" when he confronted Dale.
After that race he vowed payback on Dale at Darlington. Then at Darlington, Rusty gave Dale a tiny bump on the straightaway that hardly moved the back end of the 3 car, and called it even. lol

Yup, the whole deal sparked when Rusty threw a water bottle at Sr when Dale got out of his car, then Rusty started to walk off while talking smack. Dale was like "Wait a minute buddy let's talk about it". I remember that night, I knew there was gonna be somekind of drama after that race just based on the fact that Sr had knocked Rusty around all night, got black flagged a lap & still came back to nearly win the race...

uploadfromtaptalk1392753372095.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1392753390896.jpg

I watched the race live with an Earnhardt buddy of mine. lol

It was an awesome race.

W
I'm not even sure what to say to that one....

I guess this will have to do...

View attachment 11926

Why? I guess I'm of the mind that the more and more you do it the less it means. We are all aware that he died, we are all aware when and where, why rehash it every single season when at this point he has little to do with the next week leading up to the actual race? Just is a lot of living in the past. It sucks that he is dead andwe don't get to see him race but we don't have to be reminded every year that he was great and he died. For those who think Dale would have impacted the decision making process for Nascar in todays world. How do we know that? Nascar was going to evolve with or without Dales blessing. It was evolving when he died.

Because its done over and over again. It loses its luster. Its just a bunch of rehashing of old tributes and videos. Its very stagnant
It's probably a little more magnified this year than most, since the #3 car is returning to the track for the first time since Dale's death.

ToyYotpost: 728084 said:
It's probably a little more magnified this year than most, since the #3 car is returning to the track for the first time since Dale's death.

For sure and thats unfortunate for Dillon because people are so short sightes that they would rather be angry about a number then actually watch and see if the kid develops. He is going to have answer questions about driving that car and god forbid he win a race. The **** show that will follow....smh

W

Why? I guess I'm of the mind that the more and more you do it the less it means. We are all aware that he died, we are all aware when and where, why rehash it every single season when at this point he has little to do with the next week leading up to the actual race? Just is a lot of living in the past. It sucks that he is dead andwe don't get to see him race but we don't have to be reminded every year that he was great and he died. For those who think Dale would have impacted the decision making process for Nascar in todays world. How do we know that? Nascar was going to evolve with or without Dales blessing. It was evolving when he died.
Refer to post #84

Made it to post #83. Congratulations to those that bet the over.

Made it to post #83. Congratulations to those that bet the over.

What is so wrong about my comment? Is it not a fact that every single year the racing community revisits 2001? Im not saying we shouldnt remember the guy or that he doesnt deserve all the praise for his legacy or hius legend. Why is it that no matter how many years removed from his death we are, in a sport that now is completely different from what it was when he last drove, there is a need to revisit his death, what he meant to the sport, the changes that came following his death etc......

Its pathetic that it took 13 years for the #3 to make it back into the Sprint Cup Series. There is this cloud that hangs over the sport in regards to everything about Dale Sr. That cloud hangs because people wont let his memory move on. Everyone wants him to be relavant to the NASCAR of today and unfortunately he is not. He is still one of the greatest, but nothing changes as February comes around every year.

You would surely think so

Now is where Ill use the comment that everyone else likes to use....

"Its a forum. A place where people come to voice their opinions."

I mean seriously guys? Someone please answer me why? Why every year? If you are still upset about his death I would suggest you talk to someone about it. I just want to know why? It is not relavant to the 2014 season or this years Daytona 500 is it?

I mean seriously guys? Someone please answer me why? Why every year? If you are still upset about his death I would suggest you talk to someone about it. I just want to know why? It is not relavant to the 2014 season or this years Daytona 500 is it?

I see it like this, if it really bothers you that we honor Dale the name of the thread pretty much describes the contents of the thread so why not just pass it by ???? Think of it as you might a rattlesnake, just walk around it and everyone is happy.

Respect.

I see it like this, if it really bothers you that we honor Dale the name of the thread pretty much describes the contents of the thread so why not just pass it by ???? Think of it as you might a rattlesnake, just walk around it and everyone is happy.

I just want to know why? It seems awfully pointless to me, Im not saying its wrong, but I want to know why. What is your reasoning? I couldnt give you a reason as to why I would do it so why would you? I have asked three times and all anyone wants to do is attack the other things I am saying. Nobody will answer why? What is it doing for anyone?

I seriously can't believe I'm catching flak for making this thread.. lmFao..... I mean come on.. who argues with people trying to pay homage to someone who we all respect on the anniversary of their death? That's just the kind of thing that a person should keep to themselves. You don't have to pay your respects if you don't want to you don't have to recognize today for anything other than Tuesday... but for you to come in here and tell us we shouldn't is just plain stupid... low.

I just want to know why? It seems awfully pointless to me, Im not saying its wrong, but I want to know why. What is your reasoning? I couldnt give you a reason as to why I would do it so why would you? I have asked three times and all anyone wants to do is attack the other things I am saying. Nobody will answer why? What is it doing for anyone?

I am done with this conversation

I have

the same reason every sport has a hall of fame, to honor the past players that made the sport what it is.

How about you go take a look at the OP? .. this is a thread to pay your respects... it's "A Tribute to Dale Earnhardt" thread... it's supposed to be respectful... not full of your bull****. Guess DP was right after all... and here I thought people would actually be respectful in here... what was I thinking?

I seriously can't believe I'm catching flak for making this thread.. lmFao..... I mean come on.. who argues with people trying to pay homage to someone who we all respect on the anniversary of their death? That's just the kind of thing that a person should keep to themselves. You don't have to pay your respects if you don't want to you don't have to recognize today for anything other than Tuesday... but for you to come in here and tell us we shouldn't is just plain stupid... low.

Thanks again for making this thread Sliced, you have no control over what others do so dont worry about it buddy

... and you know what... I'd be willing to bet everything I own that if you wanted to make a "Tribute to Fireball Roberts" Thread on the anniversary of his death that no one would be a dick about it like you are.

How about you go take a look at the OP? .. this is a thread to pay your respects... it's "A Tribute to Dale Earnhardt" thread... it's supposed to be respectful... not full of your bull****. Guess DP was right after all... and here I thought people would actually be respectful in here... what was I thinking?
they are paying respect, DALE brought that out in people. Hell the people that I want to the races with had nothing good to say about DALE, made for good conversation at the camp site. most times they had no conversation on Sunday night.

All I am saying is that I dont see the point in doing it over and over again year after year when nothing has changed. It doesnt mean it is wrong for people to do it. Im not giving you flak. Im one person. The only person who has even mentioned anything close to derogatory regarding it. If you guys arent secure in your reasons I dont know what to tell you. For me Tuesday the 18th is just another day. I didnt even realize it was the anniversary of his death. How are any of you paying homage? Who is seeing this besides us? Seems pretty self serving to me. thats all I am going to say about it for now. You guys have had your feathers ruffled and Im not sure as to why. Im not personally attacking anyone, but the standing on the box has begun.

Back
Top Bottom