A Tribute To Dale Earnhardt

All I am saying is that I dont see the point in doing it over and over again year after year when nothing has changed. It doesnt mean it is wrong for people to do it. Im not giving you flak. Im one person. The only person who has even mentioned anything close to derogatory regarding it. If you guys arent secure in your reasons I dont know what to tell you. For me Tuesday the 18th is just another day. I didnt even realize it was the anniversary of his death. How are any of you paying homage? Who is seeing this besides us? Seems pretty self serving to me. thats all I am going to say about it for now. You guys have had your feathers ruffled and Im not sure as to why. Im not personally attacking anyone, but the standing on the box has begun.
Your 'Custom Title' says it all.

This makes no sense..........what does a hall of fame have to do with any of this?
every sport does the same thing with there stars from the past. you know the ones in the hall of fame, this is nothing new. they talk about them over and over in every sport before the big game.

5a.jpg

All I am saying is that I dont see the point in doing it over and over again year after year when nothing has changed. It doesnt mean it is wrong for people to do it. Im not giving you flak. Im one person. The only person who has even mentioned anything close to derogatory regarding it. If you guys arent secure in your reasons I dont know what to tell you. For me Tuesday the 18th is just another day. I didnt even realize it was the anniversary of his death. How are any of you paying homage? Who is seeing this besides us? Seems pretty self serving to me. thats all I am going to say about it for now. You guys have had your feathers ruffled and Im not sure as to why. Im not personally attacking anyone, but the standing on the box has begun.
See there's your issue.. I'm not secure in my reasons? I don't need a reason to pay homage to someone. What I don't understand.. and what is most likely the reason why ur not getting an answer to ur question.. is just how could someone NOT get it? Your question is so stupid it doesn't deserve an answer. I mean I always say there's no such thing as a stupid question but I mean come on.... really?! With that I'm done... please stop polluting this thread with your ignorance. Seriously.. if you aren't in here to pay your respects go back to the thread about why we shouldn't pay our respects and cry about it over there. Please.

Read his avatar slice, that say's it all.

Man some of you are dense sometimes. The avatar says here to make you miserable because you people get so bent out of shape. I dont care if any of you share in my opinion. Its funny to me because you guys become so visceral in your reaction to someone not having the same opinion or questioning your own opinion. Slice is a smart guy thats why I engaged in the discussion with him. I figured if anyone would be able to have a non emotional discussion regarding this he would. Maybe I was wrong, but yeah youre right guy, my quote in my avatar "says it all"........seriously think a little harder

Man some of you are dense sometimes. The avatar says here to make you miserable because you people get so bent out of shape. I dont care if any of you share in my opinion. Its funny to me because you guys become so visceral in your reaction to someone not having the same opinion or questioning your own opinion. Slice is a smart guy thats why I engaged in the discussion with him. I figured if anyone would be able to have a non emotional discussion regarding this he would. Maybe I was wrong, but yeah youre right guy, my quote in my avatar "says it all"........seriously think a little harder
We get your point man... it's just disrespectful. This isn't the place for it. That's why SpeedPagan had the sense to make his own thread about that. So this one wouldn't be soiled... we get that you don't share in our opinion.. that's fine.. but you don't need to keep shoving it down our throats.. we don't owe you an explanation s to why we want to pay our respects to someone. Don't you get that?

See there's your issue.. I'm not secure in my reasons? I don't need a reason to pay homage to someone. What I don't understand.. and what is most likely the reason why ur not getting an answer to ur question.. is just how could someone NOT get it? Your question is so stupid it doesn't deserve an answer. I mean I always say there's no such thing as a stupid question but I mean come on.... really?! With that I'm done... please stop polluting this thread with your ignorance. Seriously.. if you aren't in here to pay your respects go back to the thread about why we shouldn't pay our respects and cry about it over there. Please.

If you are secure in your reasons what is the issue? Is it that I dont agree? You do need a reason to pay homage otherwise you wouldnt do it right? Even if it were a personal reason. Why are you paying homage? Is it just something to do? Is it because it makes you feel better? It appears really self serving which is why I dont get it. I just dont see the point anymore. He was great. He died at the track. It was a terrible day. Im not making light of any of it, I was shocked and saddened by it, but its the same rhetoric over and over. The discussion never advances to anything. I think its a little ridiculous that you guys cant have this discussion. Some of you are acting like Im desecrating the man's tombstone. Get over it. Im not ruining your homage thread. Im just questioning why you guys do this every year?

Ill even add a thought in "homage" of Dale Sr.

My fondest memory of the guy is watching him dominate guys for years and then seeing him win the 500 with my guy behind him in second. The following week they switched places at Rockingham I believe? It was a cool moment to see that for me. Dale was one of the greatest ever and his type is definitely missed in todays version of the sport, bbut we have plenty of guys to look forward to and the sport is very strong right now with a guy leading the way that is etching his name right next to Petty and Earnhardt. I think JJ will get 8 or more and I think a lot of us need to take a step back and realize what we are watching much like a lot did with Dale later in his career.

If yo want to know the main reason I respect Dale... watch these videos.

If it weren't for Dale's death there's a good chance a lot of the drivers we see on the track today wouldn't be there. If that doesn't deserve some recognition ... what does?

I figured if anyone would be able to have a non emotional discussion regarding this he would. Maybe I was wrong, but yeah youre right guy, my quote in my avatar "says it all"........seriously think a little harder

Lmao. He's one of the more emotional members on this site.

If you are secure in your reasons what is the issue? Is it that I dont agree? You do need a reason to pay homage otherwise you wouldnt do it right? Even if it were a personal reason. Why are you paying homage? Is it just something to do? Is it because it makes you feel better? It appears really self serving which is why I dont get it. I just dont see the point anymore. He was great. He died at the track. It was a terrible day. Im not making light of any of it, I was shocked and saddened by it, but its the same rhetoric over and over. The discussion never advances to anything. I think its a little ridiculous that you guys cant have this discussion. Some of you are acting like Im desecrating the man's tombstone. Get over it. Im not ruining your homage thread. Im just questioning why you guys do this every year?

Ill even add a thought in "homage" of Dale Sr.

My fondest memory of the guy is watching him dominate guys for years and then seeing him win the 500 with my guy behind him in second. The following week they switched places at Rockingham I believe? It was a cool moment to see that for me. Dale was one of the greatest ever and his type is definitely missed in todays version of the sport, bbut we have plenty of guys to look forward to and the sport is very strong right now with a guy leading the way that is etching his name right next to Petty and Earnhardt. I think JJ will get 8 or more and I think a lot of us need to take a step back and realize what we are watching much like a lot did with Dale later in his career.
I thought it would be nice to do. Everyone else around here seems to appreciate it and be participating except you. I was even thanked a couple times. I had no personal reason that would serve my own hidden agenda. I just thought it would be a nice thing to do.

Also, thanks for sharing :)

Last edited:
clark, I understand what you're saying and all and I respect your right to say it, but why not let it go now?

You made your point very well. I'm not telling you what to do, but why not take the discussion to the "my opinion of Dale" thread?

You could quote slices reply, copy it and reply to it there.

LOL I fluctuate.. I can be emotional but I really am pretty down to earth. What can I say... I like me some drama every now and then.. but when it comes to off topics that don't serve me any purpose I'm pretty realistic and unbiased about things. It's just that I rarely discuss those things because .. well.. they serve me no purpose lol. :D Regardless I am able to look at things empathetically, I am a pretty intelligent person. I just prefer not to sometimes.. because .. well.. what else can I say... I'm a Joey fan :p

Im getting outta here.. this thread is gone to ****... and I know I'll just keep replying and feeding him... so Im off for the night have a good one guys.

R.I.P Dale Earnhardt

I thought it would be nice to do. Everyone else around here seems to appreciate it and be participating except you. I was even thanked a couple times. I had no personal reason that would serve my own hidden agenda. I just thought it would be a nice thing to do.

Also, thanks for sharing :)

I can respect that. I can appreciate the sentiment. As i stated earlier I think it loses its luster if its done year after year thats all.

clark, I understand what you're saying and all and I respect your right to say it, but why not let it go now?

You made your point very well. I'm not telling you what to do, but why not take the discussion to the "my opinion of Dale" thread?

You could quote slices reply, copy it and reply to it there.

Because my opinion shouldnt stop anyone from continuing to post their thoughts on the man. I havent made this thread uncomfortable. People have continued to put up their pictures and share thoughts. Its just a discussion. I dont want the thread to close or for people to leave it because of a discussion.

I dont think he is actually. He tends to goad some of you sometimes. Thats why I like him. When I read what he says its entertaining because some of the guys in here cant take a little tounge in cheek lip service from him, but if you actually read what he says he makes a lot of sense.

Because my opinion shouldnt stop anyone from continuing to post their thoughts on the man. I havent made this thread uncomfortable. People have continued to put up their pictures and share thoughts. Its just a discussion. I dont want the thread to close or for people to leave it because of a discussion.

pCxbxT0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom