AAF

Makes me sad. Even with my team being hot garbage, I enjoyed the league a lot. So, hopefully something good can happen here but doubt it.

Major shenanigans afoot. Dundon himself was already a bit of a questionable figure.

I don't think the concept is/was doomed to failure no matter what, although later into the winter/early spring there is some serious sports competition going on. But both ratings and attendance did seem fairly consistent, at least enough that you would think could just keep the sport alive, even if not thriving. I know there were some good fan bases building in normally sports-deprived areas like San Diego, San Antonio, and Orlando (hate to see they couldn't officially take the title).

We'll definitely hear the whole truth at some point, however late it may be. I still think the concept is better than what the XFL has planned.

San Diego, Birmingham, San Antonio, Orlando had pretty good attendance. The league had potential.

It's sad Ebersol totally botched things from the get go with initital investor Reggie Fowler backing out after week 2. He said it was a pay glitch. Bill Polian said they rushed to beat a competitor to a market.

Back
Top Bottom