Alex Bowman

Bowman's doing a really good job. He'd be the only Hendrick driver in the playoffs as of right now.

Elliott, Bowman, Byron are going to be quite the line-up in the coming years.

Bowman has been impressive from the word go though and honestly I'm not surprised. He's no flash in the csn, we saw it the limited running he had with JRM and replacing Dale Jr in the 88.

For everybody who couldn't figure out why he got that ride, This weekend showed the promise. The 88 car hasn't looked this good since the height of the Dale Jr/Letarte combination. The kid EARNED a shot, and he's making something of it.

Another top 10 finish for Bowman. That puts him right behind Johnson and right in front of Chase Elliot in the points.
How is Bowman's record for his first year compared to Junior's last year?
I think he will make a good journeyman driver when HMS gets things sorted out.

That is the kind of improvement I expected to see.

Not extravagant, but quite obvious.

He's pretty solid, ran in the top 5, 6, 7th positions for awhile last night. Hendrick announced last night they had a new engine package. the Ganassi's were faster with it also.
Does that mean they have been on cruise for a few years?
Waiting to see if Gordon returns as management.

Does that mean they have been on cruise for a few years?
Waiting to see if Gordon returns as management.
not to me on cruise control. I won't be surprised at all if he returns to Hendrick. I would think it would be a hell of a lot better job IMO.

not to me on cruise control. I won't be surprised at all if he returns to Hendrick. I would think it would be a hell of a lot better job IMO.

I think this was all in the plan long before he retired. I don't see Rick at the tracks much anymore
at least not on TV. Jeff is going to school right now and with this added to his resume, the reporters won't be giving him a hard time.

I would say Jeff's relation with the money men in the sport would be his strong suit. PR work

I didn't realize that Alex was getting such a small amount of love around here...I had to go back 9 pages to find his thread.:)
Here is a link to a few articles that recaps his first full time season with HMS. JR said he felt that Alex had the potential to mirror his own...I'm hoping he will be a little better then JR was.:D
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dale-jr-bowman-apos-guy-151457055.html

I was on the Bowman bandwagon pretty early, and so far I have not been disappointed, when you consider the sub-par cars he had to drive all year. It might not be saying a lot, but he WAS the second best HMS car over the course of the year, and with a couple of breaks could have gone deep into the playoffs. I think he's still learning how to race at the fast end of the field consistently, but considering he is the LEAST touted of the four HMS drivers, I think he has met and maybe even exceeded my expectations. Plus, I got to meet him and he seemed like a really nice humble guy. :)

I was on the Bowman bandwagon pretty early, and so far I have not been disappointed, when you consider the sub-par cars he had to drive all year. It might not be saying a lot, but he WAS the second best HMS car over the course of the year, and with a couple of breaks could have gone deep into the playoffs. I think he's still learning how to race at the fast end of the field consistently, but considering he is the LEAST touted of the four HMS drivers, I think he has met and maybe even exceeded my expectations. Plus, I got to meet him and he seemed like a really nice humble guy. :)
Back when he was racing Ford Focus cars at Ventura Ca he was a teammate to a friend of mine that I use to haul her car around when I had the time. I would haul my friends daughter and another kids midget cars to the Chili Bowl but Alex would just fly in and drive for the same team Larson, Bell, drives for. He has always been one of the nicest and humble guys I have been around and he never had any kind of a sour attitude. I think he was the perfect choice to replace JR in the 88 car and I think he will do a great job for HMS for many years.

Alex Bowman on contract future at Hendrick: ‘Every year is pivotal’
Bowman, who turns 27 in April, will enter 2020 with the security of a recently announced primary sponsor package to fill the void left by Nationwide.

“I saw people on Twitter say if they don’t get a sponsor they’re not going to run (the No. 88) and blah blah blah,” he said. “As soon as we knew Nationwide wasn’t coming back, Mr. Hendrick sat me down and said, ‘Hey, even if we don’t find a sponsor, you’re fine. It’ll all be fine.’

“Obviously having a sponsor is very important, and I’m really excited that we were able to announce that yesterday, but at the same time it wasn’t ever like a worry or a stress point. It was kind of annoying that everybody kept talking about, but I’m really just focused on going and doing my job and controlling what I can control and do the best I can.”

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/0...k-motorsports-future-no-88-chevrolet-dale-jr/

Rick large-and-in-charge of his HMS charity. Bowman gonna get more support this year than most ex-wives across the fruited plain?

I hope 2020 is a breakout year for Bowman. I've been a casual fan of him since his days in the 99 car in Xfinity, but he really impressed me in his win at Chicago.
yeah that was pretty cool when he took back the lead for a hard fought win. I personally think if the new car is just a tic bit faster it's going to be a different season this year. Seemed like the Chevys had to be perfect thru out the race to have any results while others could run all up and down, recover from slow stops, start in the rear on and on.

Back
Top Bottom