Alex Bowman

Ballast is added in a manner that maintains left / right and front / rear weight distribution rules while getting up to minimum weight.

How do we know an un-ballasted car is unbalanced?
Ballast is used to add or subtract the weight difference between the different weights of the drivers. It has little if any use for what is called in Nascar's terms as balance or "neutral" handling

The Doctor disagrees. So do I.

“Ballast is weight added to a racecar to meet overall weight requirements as specified in the rules. And while you could just put the ballast anywhere convenient, why not put it where it will help the car handle better?”

The Doctor disagrees. So do I.

“Ballast is weight added to a racecar to meet overall weight requirements as specified in the rules. And while you could just put the ballast anywhere convenient, why not put it where it will help the car handle better?”

That is where the weight for the driver would be or weight needed to be added for a light driver. Do you think somebody would be that stupid to add the weight on the passenger side?

That is where the weight for the driver would be or weight needed to be added for a light driver. Do you think somebody would be that stupid to add the weight on the passenger side?
If “somebody”, stupid or otherwise, was going to a road course and adding needed ballast to the right hand side balanced the car 50 / 50 or close to it then yes.

Always a bonus to be light so you can use the ballast as a tool.

Has he been diagnosed with a Concussion yet? Everytime I read something about it, its always "concussion like symptoms"?
Off topic again somewhat, but with both Ty and now Gragson getting some cup experience this year in top equipment, the rookie battle next year should be one of the best we’ve had in a while.

Off topic again somewhat, but with both Ty and now Gragson getting some cup experience this year in top equipment, the rookie battle next year should be one of the best we’ve had in a while.
I don't expect it, but it would be hilarious if Noah outperformed Ty in much lesser equipment

Blake Harris to the 48. Brilliant move. I love Blake.

I really like the black one. Wish more teams would run a dominant black color opposed to white.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I'm really looking forward to the new season to start and seeing if Bowman can add to his record and secure 6 straight front row starting positions for the Dayton 500. I like that Alex and his new crew chief Blake Harris spent a lot of time together at the shop in the off season getting to know each other. I also like that Blake took the time to go over all of the past notes to see what Alex liked in the car and what kind of feedback he gave his crew chief. If the Clash was any kind of indication how this duo is going to perform together than this could be a good year for the 48 team. :punkrocke

Jr brought it up so I guess it's worth mentioning that he feels this year Bowman has to do something otherwise he's likely on the hot seat. I guess he has somewhat of a point, he had big improvements but has kind of plateaued.

Jr brought it up so I guess it's worth mentioning that he feels this year Bowman has to do something otherwise he's likely on the hot seat. I guess he has somewhat of a point, he had big improvements but has kind of plateaued.
You listen to too many podcasts lol.

Bowman is locked in with Ally Bank, the full season primary sponsor of the 48. They chose Alex when Johnson retired. And they pour cash into his dirt car operation. He’s a race winner who isn’t going anywhere, Earnhardt’s “hot seat” remarks notwithstanding.

I said what I said.

If Bowman is on the hot seat, then Byron should be too, and I haven't heard anyone suggest that. If you look at their records, it's hard to find much difference. Just from past experience, I don't see Rick getting rid of a guy that wins races every year and makes the playoffs, especially if they have solid sponsor backing. HMS is not JGR.

This is supposed to be coming from an X driver who worked for the same owner that won 1 race in five years? It's hard to believe Jr. said that IMO. Alex Bowman has won 7 races in the last 5 years.

IMO there is no way that Mr. H is going to let Bowman go anywhere. He loves the way that young man does on and off the track and so does the sponsors. You can get back to me in a few years and let me know if I was right or wrong.

Part of me is a little disappointed that he signed so early. I think SHR and possibly JGR would have been interested in him.

maybe you and Jr. can get together and make that happen lol.
Jack did the same thing with Mark and now Mark admits he wishes he would have left sooner. If you don't look around you don't know what you're missing.

Part of me is a little disappointed that he signed so early. I think SHR and possibly JGR would have been interested in him.

Why would he leave such a great team and sponsor that likes him and supports him as much as they do? They like him and he likes them so there is no reason for him to go anywhere else. Now he gets to start a new adventure with a new crew chief so it will be interesting to see if his performance picks up. There is not much anyone can do about his bad luck but hopefully that is gone.

The JGR nonsense is a joke. The preacher is allergic to dirt. SHR might be able to offer up a sponsor that would do both series like Ally is doing but it's highly doubtful. I wonder who else would sign up a driver for 4 years, not many if any lol like Hendrick did. The whole thing is nonsense IMO.

The JGR nonsense is a joke. The preacher is allergic to dirt. SHR might be able to offer up a sponsor that would do both series like Ally is doing but it's highly doubtful. I wonder who else would sign up a driver for 4 years, not many if any lol like Hendrick did. The whole thing is nonsense IMO.
I really don't understand why anyone would think he would have even considered a move to another team. He has is really good at HMS. The team owner and the main sponsor not only allows Alex to pursue his other love which is dirt racing...but they even support him financially.

Back
Top Bottom