All stories about Smoke

BQ-LNQdCAAAnAkq.jpg:large

Apparently he had 70 sprint races scheduled for this year.

Regan Smith?

As for the topic at hand, one does get the impression Stewart should be doing less sprint car racing and focusing more on his Sprint Cup interests.

At least he isn't taking prizemoney and the spotlight away from regular sprint car drivers . Oh wait , he is .

I HATE having to imagine someone else in his car:(

Me too, definitely be different without him in it. Nobody is immune from the risks of racing. Be interesting to see how he handles this and if this wasn't his last sprint car race. At least till his Cup days are over. Sucks:(

Probably be Smith, a road ringer, or maybe phone in a favor to Waltrip and see if Martin will drive.

Dirt seems to be his passion and he's his own boss. I think he continues to do what he likes to do. He's a marketable guy and sponsors seem to love him.

Wow. This really sucks for everyone attached. Maybe get Nelson Piquet to fill in at WG.

Not a Tony Stewart fan, but I hate to hear this. I don't like seeing any of these guys getting hurt. Hopefully he can get healed up by the 2014 Daytona 500.

@bobdillner
Last week Max Papis tested for SHR at Road Atlanta to help team prep for The Glen, but no indication of who is in #14

Basically, I'll that I am saying is that everyone involved knows the risks. A week ago many were complaining about a question asked of Tony about the subject or running dirt. They all loved the way he put yet another reporter in his place. This week, as Monday morning quarterbacks, many will now second guess his desire to run dirt. The guys a racer. I think it's pretty cool that he does all that he does.

Wow that's a tough break for Tony and co. I really felt like SHR was turning a corner in their performance. What scares me is that article says he broke his tibia AND fibula, that's a serious injury. That could mean he'll be down for quite a while.

Personally, I'd like to see Regan Smith in the car. Or even a guy like AJ Adderallmendinger might be worth a look for a race or 2.

Seems every week theres news of him flipping a sprint car... doesn't surprise me he finally got hurt. I hope he's alright. If he only misses one race he should still make the chase... however a broken leg usually doesn't heal in one week.

Well I must admit.. while Im sure this will cause an uproar.. one of the first things I thought was that should make it easier for Joey to make the chase. Not that I like to see anyone get hurt but a top competitor out of the way never hurts. Ive been wondering how many times he's gona go out and flip a sprint car week after week and not get injured. I wonder if he'll stop running all these races now that it has affected his season in cup.

He may start the cup race and then get out. Remember when he broke his scapula?

Back
Top Bottom