All stories about Smoke

And that's all she wrote.

I just think its funny when I read people's post saying he should race all he wants, well yeah ok but is it worth it when you get injured? Specially when you get injured in a series that you dont even race at full time?

For all intent and purposes, Tony is done for the year.

Last time I checked, Tony Stewart is an adult, and adults have more freedom because they tend to be able to understand the risk when they do certain activities. I'm sure Tony Stewart understood the risk of Sprint Car racing, and accepted those risks. I'm also sure that he's not going to blame anyone else for the injuries (maybe himself?) because he knows it's a part of racing.

Last time I checked, Tony Stewart is an adult, and adults have more freedom because they tend to be able to understand the risk when they do certain activities. I'm sure Tony Stewart understood the risk of Sprint Car racing, and accepted those risks. I'm also sure that he's not going to blame anyone else for the injuries (maybe himself?) because he knows it's a part of racing.
Whats ur point? LOL Yeah hes an adult.. doesn't mean its a good idea to race in 70 sprint races a year when ur a full time cup driver.. yeah its fun and whatnot but now look where it got him. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him dialing back his lower series starts from here on out.

this is like a punch in the gut for me....I can't believe it....hope he comes back soon...:(

I'm a big Tony fan, but I just had a feeling that his non-stop racing would catch up with him -- sooner or later.

Get well quickly, Tony. Your passion will be missed.

How much you want to bet that Tony will be at a race track sooner, rather than later. May not race, but he'll be there.

The answer is obvious...bring in Scott Riggs. He'll have that baby running comfortably in the top 35.

This topic is just a frenzy right now lol. Everywhere I go, facebook, twitter, any forums, news, sports.. everyone is talking about the same thing.. Who wil replace Tony Stewart? LOL Rightfully so... I cant wait to find out...

So with Tony Stewart out for the foreseeable future.. let's all speculate for a while lol. I say Smith or (longshot) Larson. Maybe Sweet.. Im just trying to think of lower tier guys with nothing to do that are affiliated with Hendrick somehow.

I instantly thought Jacques for this weekend. Austin Dillon for the rest of the year.

I think it's cool too, and his sponsor certainly allowed it. We'll have to see if that continues. Even when a corporation knows the risks, they always re-evaluate their decisions after something bad happens that undermines the larger investment. That's all I'm saying.

Last time I checked, Tony Stewart is an adult, and adults have more freedom because they tend to be able to understand the risk when they do certain activities................

He's an adult but he's also the guy who I watched on tape this morning telling everyone last week to chill regarding the dangers of sprint car racing.

He actually said "if something happens, we'll let you know", which is one of the dumbest quotes I've ever read regarding racing. I wonder if Stewart's PR flack had to alert everyone to the fact his car was trashed and they were lifting him out and onto a stretcher.

Its crazy how he can do all that flipping and be fine.. but then breaks his leg in two spots with a much less severe looking wreck. Thank DP for the video.

I just think he's way too important to that team and that whole organization to be going out and getting hurt in a race for "fun".

What some of the drivers are saying.....
@ClintBowyer
Hate it for Tony, he does what he loves and has single handedly sold out crowds at short tracks all across country for years. That's impact.

@Kenny_Wallace
We CANNOT go through life saying "If I do this OR that I might get hurt" GET WELL #TonyStewart

@55MarkMartin
I'm really sorry to hear about Tony Stewart's injury. But thankful it wasn't worse

@RyanNewman39
Can't blame a guy for doing what he loves. Hoping my buddy Tony has a fast recovery.

@Elliott_Sadler
Wishing Tony a quick recovery...I hope people don't 2nd guess him.That dude is a racer. Period.His support of Sprint car racing is unmatched

@jpmontoya
heard about tony's leg this morning. that sucks for him, specially having the glen this weekend. hope he gets better soon.

@kaseykahne
Thinking about Tony this morning. Heal up quick buddy! Leading A-main when crash happened. All smoke does is go fast #badass

@jjyeley1
Just landed in Atlanta to test today and heard about my bud Tony crashing last night at the Front Row Challenge. Speedy recovery bud!

@mw55
Tony #smoke That dude loves sprint cars. Hope he's ok.

@dennyhamlin
Man I really hope Tony Is ok.

I 'm not sure how big a blow it is to the sponsorship package . The investment the sponsor makes is having Tony the racer as their spokesperson for their product . As a well known racer , the sponsor benefits wherever Tony goes and whatever he does . How high he finishes in the chase is an added bonus . Winning races is an added bonus .I don't think his being laid up will have any negative effect .

I talked about this last week. I was surprised the sponsors were not trying to limit this sort of thing.

So why is it that Kyle Busch gets berated on a weekly basis for going down and dominating in the Nationwide Series, but when Tony Stewart does essentially the same thing in Sprint cars, he's "doing what he loves"?

Just sayin'...
Really? You're comparing what KB does to a guys that jumps in a 410 sprint against the best sprint car drivers in the world? Apples and oranges.

What some of the drivers are saying.....
@ClintBowyer
Hate it for Tony, he does what he loves and has single handedly sold out crowds at short tracks all across country for years. That's impact.

@Kenny_Wallace
We CANNOT go through life saying "If I do this OR that I might get hurt" GET WELL #TonyStewart

@55MarkMartin
I'm really sorry to hear about Tony Stewart's injury. But thankful it wasn't worse

@RyanNewman39
Can't blame a guy for doing what he loves. Hoping my buddy Tony has a fast recovery.

@Elliott_Sadler
Wishing Tony a quick recovery...I hope people don't 2nd guess him.That dude is a racer. Period.His support of Sprint car racing is unmatched

@jpmontoya
heard about tony's leg this morning. that sucks for him, specially having the glen this weekend. hope he gets better soon.

@kaseykahne
Thinking about Tony this morning. Heal up quick buddy! Leading A-main when crash happened. All smoke does is go fast #badass

@jjyeley1
Just landed in Atlanta to test today and heard about my bud Tony crashing last night at the Front Row Challenge. Speedy recovery bud!

@mw55
Tony #smoke That dude loves sprint cars. Hope he's ok.

@dennyhamlin
Man I really hope Tony Is ok.

you forgot one, Joey Lagano

So why is it that Kyle Busch gets berated on a weekly basis for going down and dominating in the Nationwide Series, but when Tony Stewart does essentially the same thing in Sprint cars, he's "doing what he loves"?

Just sayin'...

Because some fans are giant hypocrites.....Half the people that bitch about Kyle winning NW races were probably cheering on Dale Jr when he won the July 2010 NW race at Daytona

I think Smoke should stop messing around in cup cars. He has made enough money at the cup level that he can devote all of his time to sprint cars. The racing is fantastic and ole Tony sure makes the gate income look good...

Back
Top Bottom