Ally 400 Pre Race Thread

They can keep charging to park, but include it in the cost of the admission ticket. You’re right about first impressions.
Including it in the ticket price is the best way, but at a minimum these things cannot be cash only anymore. At Stafford like I said in the other post before I found the money in my car I was told by the track worker that I'd have to go to the closest ATM at a gas station down the road and come back. So imagine that's probably what's happening in Nashville right now where a lot of people don't have any paper money and need to get out of line, turn around, withdraw a 20 somewhere, turn around and get back in traffic/the line to park for a second time, and then finally get in. It creates a massive inefficiency just because a track can't get with the times.

Are they assuming that everyone is using the same navigation app? I have a hard time believing that Google maps, Apple maps, Waze, and native navigation apps in modern vehicles all have the same error.

For what it’s worth, are there no attraction signs on the interstate for the speedway?
It doesn't have to be all of those apps. Even if it's one or two out of the whole bunch well that's still potentially thousands of people running late.

Including it in the ticket price is the best way, but at a minimum these things cannot be cash only anymore. At Stafford like I said in the other post before I found the money in my car I was told by the track worker that I'd have to go to the closest ATM at a gas station down the road and come back. So imagine that's probably what's happening in Nashville right now where a lot of people don't have any paper money and need to get out of line, turn around, withdraw a 20 somewhere, turn around and get back in traffic/the line to park for a second time, and then finally get in. It creates a massive inefficiency just because a track can't get with the times.
I always carry extra cash with me when I travel, but I honestly wouldn’t expect to use it for parking. I would expect a venue as large at this to at least be able to use Square or something.

I suspected the mentioned poor coverage is why they aren't using scanners.

It doesn't have to be all of those apps. Even if it's one or two out of the whole bunch well that's still potentially thousands of people running late.
Could be, but also sounds like the speedway needs to contact their local city council to install interstate signage for this attraction.

Even at the local level it happens, I can't stand that. It was $10 cash only just to park at Stafford last weekend. I had to dig through my car to find ten bucks. Nobody uses cash anymore, just have the parking lot workers use a Square on an iPad or something if you must charge for parking.
I never go anywhere without a minimum of $100. I prefer$200.

I never leave home without cash. You never know when a card machine is going to be down anyplace you go. Plus I'm not going to use a card to make a small purchase for a soda or a sandwich or pay for parking. A lot of places won't even do a card transaction for small purchases and if they do they charge you extra. I realize some people that live check to check has no choice because they are waiting for their next check so I can understand that and I also realize some people like to get rewards for using a card. The first time you are out of town and lose or leave a card somewhere and you are broke until the bank opens the next day you will wish you had carried a little cash with you.

Last edited:
It’s been a decade or more since I routinely carried more than $20, or more than $50 on a trip. Often I don’t carry any. I doesn’t seem to cause me problems.

Same. I can lose my credit card and it's a minor inconvenience to call and turn it off and get a new card. Lose $100 cash? **** that.

I remember being 15 years old and one of the last times my mom gave me money was $10 for lunch as a fancy ski resort. I lost it and she was furious.

I never leave home without cash. You never know when a card machine is going to be down anyplace you go. Plus I'm not going to use a card to make a small purchase for a soda or a sandwich or pay for parking. A lot of places won't even do a card transaction for small purchases and if they do they charge you extra. I realize some people that live check to check has no choice because they are waiting for their next check so I can understand that and I also realize some people like to get rewards for using a card. The first time you are out of town and lose or leave a card somewhere and you are broke until the bank opens the next day you will wish you had carried a little cash with you.
I'm one of those 'use the card to get rewards' peeps, but I always carry cash to events like Nascar. Got to have backup.

Dale Jr mentioned on his podcast that he was skeptical of racing at Nashville because of several problems from a decade ago, including parking. Although he was under the impression that it was resolved with all the facility upgrades for the new race. He might be out of the loop on that one since he’s VIP.

DBC guys praised the heck out of the racing product at Nashville, but definitely let the track team itself have it for the s***show that was parking, concessions, fan experience.

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom