Ally 400 Pre Race Thread

That is so awesome. Damn I didn't realize Keelan had grown so much. That is bad azz looking car and I may have to root for Harvick at the music city race.
I wonder if Grave Digger will be at the track also. It would be a big draw if it is.

Reactions: Pat
1623855504292.png

Since NASCAR already has the throwback race, I would be totally down to see a “crossover” race with more schemes like Harvick’s.

And “crossover” is already in the racing vernacular.

Book it!

I've seen tall boys go for $25 at venues and they still had the nerve to leave tip jars sprawled across the countertops.

Luckily I knew this ahead of time and took a few nice swigs out if a bottle in the parking lot before entering

I've snuck beer into Kentucky speedway before. Heck we only take clear backpacks into the track and I was able to do it.

Since NASCAR already has the throwback race, I would be totally down to see a “crossover” race with more schemes like Harvick’s.

And “crossover” is already in the racing vernacular.

Book it!
That would be neat for the Indy road course since many different series have raced there

He’s an idiot. They had to put the resin down because the tire wear was so bad in testing
never have been impressed with Lajoie's opinion much less his driving. Why would GM waste time and money on a simulator for the concrete of Nashville and then the track will be resined? Between the slanted reporting and the driver involved good luck with all of that.

Pretty sure he means that larger teams are prioritized to use the sim and his team doesn’t get the same opportunities. He even said he didnt get sim time for COTA.
Victim complex is strong with this one. Going all the way back to his beef with Dennis and iRacing... He's Matty D without the likability and reddit horde.

Edit: He had to "work for a living" by welding seats for drivers getting the shot he thought he was owed. Boo effing hoo. Work construction or another "real" job and call me. Sorry, that's harsh but he really grates on me.

never have been impressed with Lajoie's opinion much less his driving. Why would GM waste time and money on a simulator for the concrete of Nashville and then the track will be resined? Between the slanted reporting and the driver involved good luck with all of that.
He didn't say that Chevy didn't have a sim for the track....he said he couldn't use it. English can be tricky. Having said that, this is part of Lajoie's narrative....you know, the stacking pennies thing. As long as he stays in bottom tier rides, he can constantly complain about how the industry screws him, and he can make a manageable living out of it. Masterful PR work.

He didn't say that Chevy didn't have a sim for the track....he said he couldn't use it. English can be tricky. Having said that, this is part of Lajoie's narrative....you know, the stacking pennies thing. As long as he stays in bottom tier rides, he can constantly complain about how the industry screws him, and he can make a manageable living out of it. Masterful PR work.
Well it's B.S. how in the hell is anybody going to develop a sim worth a dam when they are going to put resin on the freakin track? Both of those knuckleheads Lajoie and Weaver should pull their heads out, some of us aren't drinking their cool aid. PRACTICE is going to be where the information they need will be found. Not some inaccurate Sim.

He’s actually talked in length about how he felt this season was going to be a much stronger season for him due to being with a better team. This is just a snippit from preseason media day. He went deeper in his Dale Jr Download interview. You’re off base with your ‘woe is me’ PR conspiracy.

He’s actually talked in length about how he felt this season was going to be a much stronger season for him due to being with a better team. This is just a snippit from preseason media day. He went deeper in his Dale Jr Download interview. You’re off base with your ‘woe is me’ PR conspiracy.

He wasn't taking a shot at his team. The manufacturer has the sim. Corey knows whose ass to kiss...kind of. He is, staying pennies, after all.

He wasn't taking a shot at his team. The manufacturer has the sim. Corey knows whose ass to kiss...kind of. He is, staying pennies, after all.
You said “as long as he stays in bottom tier rides he can constantly complain about the industry” and here he is talking about being in a better position to make the playoffs and win. He’s not the only driver to complain about a lack of sim time. You’re way off base.

Are any of the cup drivers going to be racing in trucks tomorrow night? I can't find a lineup for the truck series.

Ok, good... I dont care one way or another but my ol lady doesn't really want to go to the trucks or xfinity race. Tickets are cheap and this is only an hour from where we live. I would love to go see all 3 races and take it in because I don't have that opportunity at any other track. But if she'll give me just one of the other two I pick trucks because I think they are the better racing more often than not.

Now if Chase Elliot were driving in trucks or Xfinity, this wouldn't even be a debate, she would be all over it wanting to go see that. I might sell her on Byron in the trucks since he is team Hendrick lol.

I thought of Concrete Carl when I heard they were going to Nashville. He won the last race there.

Tire dragons are out today laying rubber down.
It is necessary, tires were cording after 30-35 laps during the tire test there.

I think the product will be similar to Dover, but you never know. Hopefully it will be a solid race to build off of.

I think Lajoie has the wrong idea confusing the resin compared to the PJ1.

Back
Top Bottom