Any Soccer fans in here?

Discussion in 'Sports and Entertainment Center' started by Johnny G, May 12, 2018.

1. Johnny G

Johnny G Team Owner

Nice 4-0 to get the season started for Liverpool. Salah, Mane and Firmino picking up where they left off. Kieta looking the business in midfield.

Claude all fired up after 1 game. Lol. Can't wait for a good meltdown from DT.

2. Johnny G

Johnny G Team Owner

For any Canadians in this thread I've just come across the fact that TSN no longer owns the broadcast rights to the Champions League or Europa League in Canada.
    They are now owned by a new streaming service called DAZN.
    $20 a month or $150 For the year.
    They also have Serie A, La Liga, English Championship and The English League Cup.
    I'm kinda annoyed it'll cost me more money now to follow my club in the Champions League.

3. Johnny G

Johnny G Team Owner

Screenshot_20180830-141445.png Champions League Group Stage Draw

4. One of the better group draws in years. Plenty of great games in every group

5. Been a while since this thread has been used. Real Madrid-Ajax was probably the best two legs of football I have ever in a while. Ajax is not going to be a team you want to be drawn against

FLRacingFan likes this.
  6. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Picking Cardiff was a mistake...

FLRacingFan likes this.
  7. Johnny G

Johnny G Team Owner

Fantastic result for Ajax. They were excellent.

Shaping up to be a fun end to the season. Premier League title race is a good one and the Champions League is always good.

8. Ole’s At the ****ing wheel. That is all

9. Johnny G

Johnny G Team Owner

Quite the turn around i have to admit.

When he got the sack at United a few months back lots of people were saying Mourinho would never get a high profile gig again. After the last 2 days he'll be in Mardid or Paris next season.

10. Mourinho was always going to get another high profile gig. People have short-term memories at times. Our first two years under Jose were fine. 2 trophies plus the community shield and a 2nd place finish in a season that would have been a title contending season almost every other season. It all went to hell for Jose this year, I see him going back to Madrid IMHO, Paris won’t work cause of Neymar

11. Johnny G

Johnny G Team Owner

For the record i always thought he would get a marquee gig again. he's not the type that's gonna go to a smaller club for a "project".
    It'll be interesting to see where he goes. I think he'd like another shot at Real but I can see PSG making a really big push for him as they can win all the French League titles they want but because of the lack of competition they have at home they'll never be seen as a truly big club without winning the Champions League.

12. Johnny G

Johnny G Team Owner

Ronaldo adds to his legacy with a hat trick to turn a 2-0 1st leg deficit into a 3-2 victory for Juventus .

13. Johnny G

Johnny G Team Owner

14. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I have a hard time being interested in the MLS without a relegation/promotion system. Wish they'd have that sort of system in place with the USL Championship.

15. donthaveanickname

donthaveanickname Team Owner

Messi being Messi.

A friend of mine who is from Minnesota didn't even know what MLS is...

16. donthaveanickname

donthaveanickname Team Owner