Any Soccer fans in here?

Johnny G

Team Owner
Have a feeling I'm not gonna get a big response here but any footy fans on the forum?

I'm a huge fan myself, my #1 sport actually. Follow the English Premier League pretty hardcore. Liverpool fan.
Champions League Final in a few weeks plus it's a World Cup year.

Anyone else?

I keep up with my Atlanta United team. Went to the 1st home game this year where they set an attendance record for MLS.
It was my first major league game and it was fun and crazy. Watching the rabid fans it what makes it fun. I will keep an eye on the US team
at the World Cup.

My sister is a huge fan and because of that, I've been to a few Sporting KC games. I enjoyed playing the game as a kid, but I can't really get into it as a spectator.

I like soccer always have, just dont follow it closely. Only games I've been to were the Philadelphia Charge in the old womens league and the Philadelpjia Kixx who played indoor

I love hearing the commercials from fox desperately trying to get people to watch the world cup, going with the we all come from these countries angle

I love hearing the commercials from fox desperately trying to get people to watch the world cup, going with the we all come from these countries angle
FOX is scrambling with the USA not qualifying. They paid big bucks for the rights and just assumed the Americans would be there.
I can' wait tho. Pvr all day. Watching all night.

Have a feeling I'm not gonna get a big response here but any footy fans on the forum?

Extreme fan of the Diesel Dawgs! Twin grandsons team. They're in the blue.. :)

Suprised I Haven't seen this till now. Huge Man United Fan and I follow it pretty heavily. Can't wait for the World Cup to start and hope to see my United boys do well as well as Germany because I love the way they play. On the United side of things, pretty disappointing 2nd half of the season, but I'm felling good about next season, just need a couple more signings (Back-up Striker, center-back, actual left-back)

Never really managed to get into MLS. I try to watch mostly the EPL (casual Man City fan - I'm not a bandwagon extraordinaire, I swear) and the UCL. World Cup has had some good matches so far. Considering the big names who failed to qualify I'm really just hoping for a good tournament overall.

Only game I had a chance to watch so far was Peru and Denmark, very entertaining

Me. I played since I was 5 up until I was about 27. Played high school all 4 years, and then club at my university. My favorite sport, I watch whenever it’s on. I follow Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chicago Fire, Italia League, EPL, MLS and Mexican League. Speaking of which, what an effort today down go Germany to El Tri

Never really managed to get into MLS. I try to watch mostly the EPL (casual Man City fan - I'm not a bandwagon extraordinaire, I swear) and the UCL. World Cup has had some good matches so far. Considering the big names who failed to qualify I'm really just hoping for a good tournament overall.
This Tournament has been a bit more enjoyable without US and Italy in it, my two favorite countries. I just enjoy the games for what they are.

The VW commercials have been awesome with that angle

Been a really enjoyable World Cup so far. watched 10 of the 12 matches that have taken place at this moment. PVR going during weekdays so i can watch in the night. Mexico Vs Germany was a fantastic match. great performance by mexico. excellent on the counter attack. I love the World Cup. As i mentioned in the opening post Soccer is my favorite sport and its such a great celebration of the game.

Watched the end of Belgium and Panama and settling in for England vs Tunisia

This game really has the possibility to get chippy in the 2nd half lot of shoving so far .

What a game winner by England, beautiful, how does Tunisia leave their captain wide open in the back.

Just tuned in for the World Cup first time and within the first minute a player got kicked in the bottom of the foot and he flopped around on the ground like his foot was broken in half. A minute later he was up playing again and I changed the channel.

Last edited:
That has to be the killing blow for Argentinas chances

Ten spots left going into the final matchday for each group. Gonna be a lot of fun. Germany/Sweden was absolutely incredible.

The defending champs are out, South Korea beats Germany to knock them out of the competition

The defending champs are out, South Korea beats Germany to knock them out of the competition
Few would have predicted it.

Germany had made the final 8 in 17 of the 18 World Cups played to date and it is also the first time they have ever been eliminated in the group phase.

It also marks the 4th time in the last 5 World Cups including the last 3 in a row that the defending champion has been eliminated in the group stage.

England V Belgium aside that was a fantastic group stage.

Round of 16 starts Saturday.

One of England, Colombia, Sweden or Switzerland will be a semi finalist. They have combined for 2 semi final spots in the last 12 World Cups. Golden opportunity for 1 of them.

Few would have predicted it.
Germany had made the final 8 in 17 of the 18 World Cups played to date and it is also the first time they have ever been eliminated in the group Phase.
Quite a few people predicted it in Germany.
Since 2006 there was always lots of enthusiasm before and during the World Cup. This time there wasn't.
Most of this year's players have already participated in the 2010 World Cup, and some leading players (Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Klose) have retired.
The "Erdogan-Affair" didn't have any consequences.
I thought Löw is done now, but it seems he will remain coach of the team at least until 2020.

I'm going to support Russia now, but I think the favourites for the championship will be France and Belgium.

England has won a penalty shootout!!!:eek2::eek2::eek2:
when injury time started and Colombia was buzzing all around them i thought to myself it was gonna be a typical England World Cup knockout game. Colombia would tie it and then win on penalties, but that was HUGE for England. not just for this world cup but for the future.To have a generation of players who won't be terrified of penalties.

I think the champion comes out of the France Belgium semifinal, but the way this has gone who knows I never thought Belgium beat Brazil today

Belgium were excellent yesterday. Yes it's an upset but not a big one in my book. I really thought they'd cause Brazil problems. The 2nd Belgium goal goal was one of the goals of the tournament. The run by Lukaku through the Brazilian midfield then the finish De Bruyne.

Kinda surprised so many people were shocked by Belgium. They have a ton of talent.

Bizarre shootout between Croatia and Russia. At this point, any of the three besides England will do for me.

Back
Top Bottom