Any Soccer fans in here?

Thinking about it, France Belgium in my mind is a toss up, England I think would be favored over Croatia depending on the extent of Crotias injuries which nearly cost them today.

That was one of the most bizarre penalty shootouts I have ever seen.
Russia however remains the biggest upset in this year's world cup. Most people thought they'd finish last in the group stage.

That's one hell of an England way to go out. I absolutely love it.

Now deflated Belgium and England get to rematch for 3rd. That's gotta suck.

Interesting game yesterday. Early on it felt as though England was in total control but for all the possession they had they finished the game with the 1 single shot on target.

Croatia become the first team in world cup history to come from behind to win a round of 16, quarter final and semi final.

England are only the 2nd team to ever lose a semi final when leading at half time (Italy 1990)

Croatia truly are a team of grinders. They've played 3 games in 10 days. 2 going to extra time. I cant help but feel it's finally gonna catch up to them in the final. they'll need a HUGE performance to defeat France.

A scintillating tournament, and it comes down to a David vs. Goliath finale. I'm not a big soccer fan, but the World Cup is always compelling. I've been pulling for "Le Bleu" from the start, but in the final game I might root for a Croatian fairy tale ending.

I think soccer fans would tend to appreciate the grace and beauty and skill of Nascar on the 1.5 mile tracks, while those who need the more overt action and frequent scoring of American football would cry out for "more short tracks."

If the English national team were to adopt a nickname - like the New York Jets or the Detroit Lions - I would suggest the England Ground Hogs... because they are constantly flopping down and rolling on the ground. Seriously, soccer needs an anti-flopping rule. In this age of high definition TV and slow motion replays, it is ridiculous and it is a bad look for the sport. JMO.

A scintillating tournament, and it comes down to a David vs. Goliath finale. I'm not a big soccer fan, but the World Cup is always compelling. I've been pulling for "Le Bleu" from the start, but in the final game I might root for a Croatian fairy tale ending.

I think soccer fans would tend to appreciate the grace and beauty and skill of Nascar on the 1.5 mile tracks, while those who need the more overt action and frequent scoring of American football would cry out for "more short tracks."

If the English national team were to adopt a nickname - like the New York Jets or the Detroit Lions - I would suggest the England Ground Hogs... because they are constantly flopping down and rolling on the ground. Seriously, soccer needs an anti-flopping rule. In this age of high definition TV and slow motion replays, it is ridiculous and it is a bad look for the sport. JMO.
Its funny I've loved the tournament. It's been a great one. But I'm kinda disappointed in the matchup for the final. I might be wrong and it could be a great game but I wish it was someone other than Croatia. You always picture the World Cup Final being a matchup of 2 of the big football nations. I usually love a good underdog story.

I must add in no way am I saying Croatia don't deserve to be there. They do. 100%

Is there money involved with finishing 3rd over 4th? Because a third place game seems pointless otherwise

Is there money involved with finishing 3rd over 4th? Because a third place game seems pointless otherwise
Pretty sure there's no money involved. It's used as a filler match really. An extra game to sell tickets/merch/refreshments etc.
But yeah it's hard to get excited for. I'm pretty hardcore (final tomorrow will be my 45th game I've watched of the 64) and I skipped it.

That's the killer right there 3 goals down with 25 minutes left. Congrats France.

And that was massively stupid, what was the French keeper thinking

I got to say I'm impressed by the US getting through without losing any games.

:lol2:

I've decided to follow the Premier league for the first time this season and am looking forward to that starting in a few weeks. I've picked Man City and Cardiff City as the teams I'm rooting for.

Another tournament over. France deserving winners. The 1930 Uruaguay team is still the only one to win the tournament when trailing at half time in the final. I've seen each world cup since 1994 and this one might have been the best.
I loved every minute of it. Managed to watch 45 of the 64 matches. PVR is a wonderful thing.

I got to say I'm impressed by the US getting through without losing any games.

:lol2:

I've decided to follow the Premier league for the first time this season and am looking forward to that starting in a few weeks. I've picked Man City and Cardiff City as the teams I'm rooting for.

Interesting choices. The defending champions and a newly promoted team. Welcome though. I've been following the Premier League for 12 years now.

Another tournament over. France deserving winners. The 1930 Uruaguay team is still the only one to win the tournament when trailing at half time in the final. I've seen each world cup since 1994 and this one might have been the best.
I loved every minute of it. Managed to watch 45 of the 64 matches. PVR is a wonderful thing.

Interesting choices. The defending champions and a newly promoted team. Welcome though. I've been following the Premier League for 12 years now.
My great grandmother was born in Cardiff, but I wanted a team that has a chance too...

Going to the D.C. United game tomorrow night. Only reason I’m going is to see my favorite Footballer ever, Wayne Rooney. Have no interest in the MLS, but to see my all-time favorite will be awesome.

Premier League season begins today. So glad it's back.
It's go time. Come on United !!!!
imager.gif

Catching the end of the match today, looking forward to tomorrow to start rooting for my teams. Do you guys watch any of the games not on TV in the US? I see Cardiff City is on NBC Sports Gold which I've never heard of. Am I better off just finding a stream from reddit?

Good start to the season to get the 3 points. Wasn’t the best performance, but Pogba and Shaw getting their goals are confidence boosters

Would love to see City get smashed today, by at the same time I want to see Arsenal get smashed for some lit ArsenalFanTV

Nice win for Man City, my first weekend following and mybteams went 1-1 I'll take it

Back
Top Bottom