Anyone like the Xfinity cars better?

T

Tosu97

I don't know about anyone else but I love the Xfinity cars and somewhat dislike the Cup cars these days. Love how xfinity drives mustang/Camaro and then the cup series drives fusions? What?

I am same as you love the way they look wish cup would bring them but that wont happen

Just so I'm clear, we're talking strictly about the external appearance of the cars themselves, not about the on-track racing, right?

Yeah on track racing wise we've seen much better for sure. But appearance of xfinity cars is light years better than cup cars these days I think.

I'd like school buses more than I like the current Cup cars. Has nothing to do with looks, has to do with this Gen-6 car being the worst racecar there is. Ever since they introduced that car, NASCAR has made radical changes to the aeropackage every year, sometimes multiple times a year (remember high drag?), and has radically changed everything about the races themselves to make them better.

As much hate as the Car of Tomorrow got for being ugly and producing boring racing, this Gen-6 car consistently produces the worst racing this sport has ever seen.

The X cars aren't perfect, but stock Mustangs and Camaros really are v8 powered and RWD. The Chevy LS engine is even a pushrod! That alone makes me like those cars more than the cup cars. Less fiction about pretending to be "stock" cars. I've said it before, swap the X and cup cars.

The X cars aren't perfect, but stock Mustangs and Camaros really are v8 powered and RWD. The Chevy LS engine is even a pushrod! That alone makes me like those cars more than the cup cars. Less fiction about pretending to be "stock" cars. I've said it before, swap the X and cup cars.
The Chevrolet SS is also RWD. But it's going away after this model year too.:(

I think the current cup cars look better than they ever have, but they don't race well.

I have gone to many many races and watched the truck or Busch (Xfinity) cars race then left and came home and watched the cup race on TV, likewise I have gone to tracks and only watched the cup race. I can't say I like the better, it's just a matter of how I want to spend my money and who is racing in what series.

I'd like school buses more than I like the current Cup cars. Has nothing to do with looks, has to do with this Gen-6 car being the worst racecar there is. Ever since they introduced that car, NASCAR has made radical changes to the aeropackage every year, sometimes multiple times a year (remember high drag?), and has radically changed everything about the races themselves to make them better.

As much hate as the Car of Tomorrow got for being ugly and producing boring racing, this Gen-6 car consistently produces the worst racing this sport has ever seen.

The Gen-6 is a ****box. The sooner Nascar acknowledges this and builds a new racecar, the sooner the racing improves. Everything else is polishing turds and putting lipstick on a pig.

If based on looks, I like Gen 6 far more the current X Series cars, they do nothing for me, if based on the cars, then its Gen 6, Mustang's and Camaro's do nothing for me.

The Gen-6 is a ****box. The sooner Nascar acknowledges this and builds a new racecar, the sooner the racing improves. Everything else is polishing turds and putting lipstick on a pig.
What changes do you recommend?

Depends on who builds that car for Nascar, some how they will mess it up....they have been messing it up for 25 years now.

I think the Camaro is ugly and looks nothing like it's street counterpart. The Mustang looks a thousand times better than the catfish mouthed Ford's in Cup.

Aesthetically, the Cup cars are much better. I don't know what that thing is that Ford runs in Xfinity, but it ain't a Mustang. The Xfinity Camry looks like a Coupe, and the Camaro looks a lot like the last gen but not much like the current one. At least it's better than when they ran "Impala SS" stickers on old Monte Carlos a few years back.

Aesthetically, the Cup cars are much better. I don't know what that thing is that Ford runs in Xfinity, but it ain't a Mustang. The Xfinity Camry looks like a Coupe, and the Camaro looks a lot like the last gen but not much like the current one. At least it's better than when they ran "Impala SS" stickers on old Monte Carlos a few years back.
Lets face it all these cars just look like spec cars with decals, we will never have cars that actually looked like showroom cars like back in the 80s when Nascar had flair and individuality.

What changes do you recommend?
Depends on who builds that car for Nascar, some how they will mess it up....they have been messing it up for 25 years now.
What's the fix for this? Any recommendations?

Ive said for years that if nascar gave the cup series the mustang and camaro and toyota brought something like the 86, it would get more attention.

Ive said for years that if nascar gave the cup series the mustang and camaro and toyota brought something like the 86, it would get more attention.

Ding ding ding we have a winner.

The fix is have every car maker be different...it's obvious, they all look the same. If a Toyota looked like the showroom version and the Fusion actually looked like the one you see on the street, then we would have something. It used to be like this, then the teams bitched too much that one make had too much of an advantage....damn I miss those days. Racing was innovative, unique, not like it is today all plastic and decals. Nascar wonders why they are losing fans....well we can't identify...we only cheer for a driver and not really what he drives, because what he races is essentially a spec car with a few minor tweaks.

The fix is have every car maker be different...it's obvious, they all look the same. If a Toyota looked like the showroom version and the Fusion actually looked like the one you see on the street, then we would have something. It used to be like this, then the teams bitched too much that one make had too much of an advantage....damn I miss those days. Racing was innovative, unique, not like it is today all plastic and decals. Nascar wonders why they are losing fans....well we can't identify...we only cheer for a driver and not really what he drives, because what he races is essentially a spec car with a few minor tweaks.

Muh Ford grille decal just fell off :( I miss the real ones ... they were good for 2 or 3 cautions per race

NA$CAR says the reason they don't drive SHO's is because you can't buy it in a V8 model guess what you can't buy a Fusion in a V-8 model either.

Really good race today!

KyLar closes the deal, Logano fights back TWICE, and Kyle Busch hits the wall.

and Kyle Busch will not get to bow in front of the crowd like a child... :)

I would be very ecstatic to see the GT86 used, that would be awesome.

Xfinity Mustang

attachment.php

Production Mustang

2017-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350-102-876x535.jpg

I do like the looks of Mustangs and Camaros better but I don't get all bent out of shape because the cars don't look showroom stock. They are race cars. If I want to watch street versions I can go sit on my porch.
To me the street versions of todays cars don't look all that much different either. I have never seen a SS on the street.
I really liked the race yesterday. The battle between Larson and Lagano at the end was great.

Back
Top Bottom