Apple Products = POS

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Trying to simply install a free app from the app store and I have to enter a password on my completely unlocked iPad. Only thing is, it's been so dang long since I entered my Apple password, I no longer remember what it is. Simple right, choose the 'Forgot Password' option. If only.

I can't wait until this POS fries a chip. I know there are people that just love the confines of this unopen architecture. God luv ya.

I'm the meantime it was as easy as click, download and install on my Android phone. I think I'm stuck with only the previously downloaded apps on the iPad until it dies a satisfying death. :mad:

Brentford

Team Owner
Only Apple product I have is my Apple Tv. It annoyed me at first and if it didnt have 4k capabilities, it would be boxed up and I'd still be using Roku. I don't know, Apple products seem too expensive for what they are.

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
I have a Mac computer, and that's the most contact I wish to have with Apple.

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Ridiculous.....

12 day waiting period for a password reset?

LMAO.

I'm simply trying to download a free app on my already unlocked iPad. It really doesn't need to be this difficult of a procedure for a password reset.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AndyMarquisLive

Short Track Fanatic
Trying to simply install a free app from the app store and I have to enter a password on my completely unlocked iPad. Only thing is, it's been so dang long since I entered my Apple password, I no longer remember what it is. Simple right, choose the 'Forgot Password' option. If only.

I can't wait until this POS fries a chip. I know there are people that just love the confines of this unopen architecture. God luv ya.

I'm the meantime it was as easy as click, download and install on my Android phone. I think I'm stuck with only the previously downloaded apps on the iPad until it dies a satisfying death. :mad:
I turned my old iPad on the other day. Turned it back off a few minutes later.

I'll stick to my Microsoft Surface.

The only thing I like about an iPhone more than an Android is typing on them. Considering switching because I'm not happy that everyone is following Apple's lead on hardware so I might as well get an iPhone. But I'm going to hang on to my Note 8 and it's headphone jack as long as possible.

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
That's just the beginning. After that, I had to wait over the 12 day waiting period to get it resolved. I finally was able to download the 'free' app that I needed a couple weeks prior. Only an Apple product would be so cumbersome to navigate a simple task of a password reset.
Apple takes security seriously. These devices are people’s livelihoods.

It’s not Apple’s fault the password was forgotten.

Reck

Team Owner
iPhones are useful. The navigation is simply easier to use in my opinion and great for quick browsing.

Anywho, you can turn off the password for free app downloads by going to: Settings>iTunes & App Store>Password Settings> and then untuggle require password for free downloads.

You may also want to choose to require password every 15 minutes instead of always require.

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
iPhones are useful. The navigation is simply easier to use in my opinion and great for quick browsing.

Anywho, you can turn off the password for free app downloads by going to: Settings>iTunes & App Store>Password Settings> and then untuggle require password for free downloads.

You may also want to choose to require password every 15 minutes instead of always require.
Now, that's a bit of info I could have used a while back. I waited my allotted days and reset the password downloading the app I needed. All good today. That being said, when a new tablet becomes a necessity, I'll be switching over to an Android product. I'm only using this one because I already have it and can't justify the switch over. Now, if it just happens to fall out of my truck the next time I'm parked in a truck stop and all 9 wheels on the driver's side proceed to drive over it causing me to pause to investigate the noise..... In turn backing up, again the victim of multiple tires under pressure..... Well, let's just say that it may become a new, necessary investment. ;)

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

Thanks for that info. I was wanting to download a free app a couple of days ago and I can't remember my password either.

Nitro Dude

I have been watching more videos and listening to music on my Apple I-phone lately and I noticed my AT&T bill went up so I checked to see if I had unlimited data and I didn't. The girl at AT&T switched me over to unlimited and she even lowered my monthly bill a couple of dollars a month . So last night I used my personal hot spot off my phone to connect to my lap top. It was so much faster and never dropped any signal like my Verizon jet pack does sometimes. Even though my Verizon plan for my jet pack is unlimited it drops from 4G to 3G after so many minutes have been used and it costs around $100.00 a month. Is there any reason why I shouldn't just keep using my personal hot spot and do away with my Verizon jet pack?

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
I have been watching more videos and listening to music on my Apple I-phone lately and I noticed my AT&T bill went up so I checked to see if I had unlimited data and I didn't. The girl at AT&T switched me over to unlimited and she even lowered my monthly bill a couple of dollars a month . So last night I used my personal hot spot off my phone to connect to my lap top. It was so much faster and never dropped any signal like my Verizon jet pack does sometimes. Even though my Verizon plan for my jet pack is unlimited it drops from 4G to 3G after so many minutes have been used and it costs around $100.00 a month. Is there any reason why I shouldn't just keep using my personal hot spot and do away with my Verizon jet pack?
As long as your unlimited data includes tethering, you shouldn't need the VZ.

I have a Boost Mobile hotspot myself. Uses Sprint network, I only pay for the months I use it @ $60 per month for I think 5 or 10 GB.

It's not cheap, but if I need it, I need it.

Nitro Dude

As long as your unlimited data includes tethering, you shouldn't need the VZ.

I have a Boost Mobile hotspot myself. Uses Sprint network, I only pay for the months I use it @ $60 per month for I think 5 or 10 GB.

It's not cheap, but if I need it, I need it.
What is tethering?

Greg

2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader
I used to work with a guy that was forced by purchasing to use an Apple phone.
He hated it. He threw it against the wall so many times that I literally printed and put up a bullseye poster for him to target.

Top Bottom