Apple Products = POS

2 Sweet

48 > 11
Android has been great to me. My LG G8 phone still working flawless. I've had the G2, G4, and G6 before this. All very good phones that never gave me any issues.

I also have a company cell for work and it's an iphone, and although the 12 is quite a bit better than the earlier versions I had, I still don't like it. Android has a MUCH better interface, more options, less restrictions. You get a lot more for your money.

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Android has been great to me. My LG G8 phone still working flawless. I've had the G2, G4, and G6 before this. All very good phones that never gave me any issues.

I also have a company cell for work and it's an iphone, and although the 12 is quite a bit better than the earlier versions I had, I still don't like it. Android has a MUCH better interface, more options, less restrictions. You get a lot more for your money.
Yep, someone gets it.

Don't get me wrong..... iPhones do the job they were intended for and are simple to use. Their only problem is that they're pretty much a locked device. You're bound by the confinements of Apple. I started this thread because of being asked for a long forgotten password to download a free app. Sure, my bad for forgetting a password but it took days to get it rectified. Completely asinine in today's world. Something that should have been a few minute ordeal at the most.

Greg

2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
I would love to have one that also worked as a phone.
I didn't get the 5G option. 1st because it's much more expensive and 2nd, the ongoing monthly expense through whatever service provider. I've got the larger S7+ model. Can't imagine using something that size as a phone.

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing with all my heart
Have a Samsung tablet running Android I was trying to get to turn on to reset and all that. Finally got pissed and threw it out the window.

Android products = POS

Whizzer

Gig'em
Contributor
I've been using Apple products for nearly twenty years and my laptop is nine years old. Two years ago I decided to replace it after some issues and an inability to find someone who could repair it, purchased an HP Pavilion. It was my first experience with Win10 and confusing. Relearning mail and different typing formats, or finding my way around the basics became a chore. In the end it was learned, somewhat, and like the man said, "a lack of knowledge can be a frustrating ordeal."
However, continued frustration finally won out and I ended up selling it at the same price I paid and later found a repair for my MacBook Air.
Now having small issues again, unrelated to the last problem, and thinking of purchasing another laptop and getting another MacBook Air.
Like a old, worn pair of work boots, and the same Bride to come home to after a long, hard day, that sorta tells it in a nutshell.
Familiarity with Apple products overcame the drawbacks and I'm a happy camper. Until another issue arises ........................ :idunno:

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
I've been using Apple products for nearly twenty years and my laptop is nine years old. Two years ago I decided to replace it after some issues and an inability to find someone who could repair it, purchased an HP Pavilion. It was my first experience with Win10 and confusing. Relearning mail and different typing formats, or finding my way around the basics became a chore. In the end it was learned, somewhat, and like the man said, "a lack of knowledge can be a frustrating ordeal."
However, continued frustration finally won out and I ended up selling it at the same price I paid and later found a repair for my MacBook Air.
Now having small issues again, unrelated to the last problem, and thinking of purchasing another laptop and getting another MacBook Air.
Like a old, worn pair of work boots, and the same Bride to come home to after a long, hard day, that sorta tells it in a nutshell.
Familiarity with Apple products overcame the drawbacks and I'm a happy camper. Until another issue arises ........................ :idunno:
Certainly understand that. My reason for starting this thread was through the frustration of simply trying to install a free app on my old iPad. A password was required, that had been long forgotten, to download the app. The avenue to reset that password was extremely time consuming due to apples grasp over their products. Something that I've never encountered on an Android based product.

Many people swear by apple Products. With over a 36 year background in writing code for a living, my preference has always been the open architecture of Android. It allows for far more flexibility and compatibility across devices of all kinds. Whether it's my Android phone, my Android tablet, my multiple Firesticks or Fire TV's, flexibility and the availability to do anything I want with the products I own is welcomed. I have found workarounds to manipulate my iPad to load 3rd party apps and the like but it's far easier on the Android side.

AndyMarquisLive

When it comes to computers, I stick with Windows. But Apple products just work, it’s really that simple.

2 Sweet

48 > 11
When it comes to computers, I stick with Windows. But Apple products just work, it’s really that simple.

They work until they don't.

I've had iphones and ipads (forced on me by my employer at the time) fail. A decade ago, I had an ipod fail after less than a year. Yet my Zune from like 2007 still works like new.

Windows 10 Pro works well enough, but nothing will ever top Windows XP in my opinion.

AndyMarquisLive

They work until they don't.

I've had iphones and ipads (forced on me by my employer at the time) fail. A decade ago, I had an ipod fail after less than a year. Yet my Zune from like 2007 still works like new.

Windows 10 Pro works well enough, but nothing will ever top Windows XP in my opinion.
Those NT based operating systems were unbreakable.

I love my Microsoft products and wish they were still in the smartphone market. I had a Windows Phone and that thing was badass.

Top Bottom