At age 22, does NASCAR on Fox even care anymore?

Thought FOX did a fine job, Its a tough balance when you have to sell the sport to newbies and make sure you coddle the recliner critics.
I wouldn't go that far. The booth crew does a fine job but that's about all I can say that's favorable. Their graphics aren't very informative, the pylon isn't used to best advantage, and they're obsessed with selecting cameras and angles that may look dramatic but do a lousy job of showing how the race is unfolding. Their pre-race coverage ran me off years ago, especially the grid walk and the staged / scripted pieces.

You'll notice the number and scheduling of commercials isn't on my list of issues.

I wouldn't go that far. The booth crew does a fine job but that's about all I can say that's favorable. Their graphics aren't very informative, the pylon isn't used to best advantage, and they're obsessed with selecting cameras and angles that may look dramatic but do a lousy job of showing how the race is unfolding. Their pre-race coverage ran me off years ago, especially the grid walk and the staged / scripted pieces.

You'll notice the number and scheduling of commercials isn't on my list of issues.
I didnt notice any of that. I just watch the race and I dont remember any of my friends talking about or complain about a camera angle, we didnt talk about graphics and how they went about explaining what the car does in certain situations because most of that stuff is for newbies and they try to really dumb it down so they understand. I usually dont like the grid walk but found yesterdays quite funny at times.

Commercials are the least of my problems. They definitely felt excessive at times.

The problem isn't with anyone who works the broadcasts for me, though I think Clint's capable of being much more informative than he is. It's the entire approach Fox Sports takes to auto racing.

NBC's booth can get obnoxious at times but I love how technical they are.

NBC's booth can get obnoxious at times but I love how technical they are.
The only thing I like about Fox's broadcasts is the booth. The only thing I dislike about NBC's is the booth. I'd love to see Fox's booth crew jump ship to NBC but then what would be left on Fox would be unwatchable.

Race went half an hour outside its window., into local affiliates' time. Another reason to ditch GWC.

Fox has two sports networks.

Truthfully, a postrace show on Peacock is better than none at all.

And honestly, the switch from SPEED to FS1 was the beginning of Fox's problems. We went from extensive, almost around-the-clock coverage of Daytona Speedweeks to having the bare minimum within just the last 10 years.

The only thing I like about Fox's broadcasts is the booth. The only thing I dislike about NBC's is the booth. I'd love to see Fox's booth crew jump ship to NBC but then what would be left on Fox would be unwatchable.

I like Mike Joy and Jamie Little on Fox.

Clint Bowyer really can do a lot better, but I think he's "playing the role" (for lack of a better term) that Fox Sports executives want him to play.

Southern Jesus and Steve Letarte are great on NBC.

Southern Jesus and Steve Letarte are great on NBC.
Dale gets drawn into Burton's frenzy, leaving Steve little room to get a word in. I liked Burton in his studio days but when he moved to the booth, all of his verbal circuit breakers were removed.

I also have to keep reminding myself that Rutledge Wood covers what he's assigned. It's not his fault the 'NASCAR Lifestyle' crap he's usually assigned every week isn't worth covering (in my opinion). I've seen him do a couple of excellent interviews. He can do good work, which is more than I can say for Michael Waltrip.

Fox is nowhere as good as it was. They keep getting worse every year, and I'm not talking about the number of commercials. Their pit reporters are worthless. They don't offer anything except what they hear on the scanners for pit stops. They rarely follow up on any damages to cars. Bubba Wallace get bumped into the wall, Bowyer said a trailing arm could be bent, but they never followed up on it. Kyle Larson takes a big hit on the last wreck, they never mention whether he is okay.

Game Creek Video has consistently provided the tools for an Excellent production every single race.

However, if the Directors & Producers from the respective networks don't utilize the resources, you get what we have now.

Artie Kempner, where are you now ?

My biggest gripe came after the race when they had time to show us the booth jabbering about the race and then Myers and McMurray jabbering about the race but nothing about the drivers who crashed. I want interviews with drivers and reports that everyone is okay or not. I like all those guys but don't need their analysis unless we've got time for it.

Three dead people and one retired. How does THAT work? At least I offered a POSSIBLE WORKABLE solution.
lol. No, no you didnt which was the point. What you suggested has no more chance of happening then what I want.

My biggest gripe came after the race when they had time to show us the booth jabbering about the race and then Myers and McMurray jabbering about the race but nothing about the drivers who crashed. I want interviews with drivers and reports that everyone is okay or not. I like all those guys but don't need their analysis unless we've got time for it.
That is mine also. The pre race was more than anybody could want or need, but the post race was a slap in the face.

Nothing wrong with FOX, it's more to do with the sponsors and Nascar itself. That Wendys burger was so delicious.

Does anyone really care about these “anyone care” threads anymore?
I believe the first one was a does Jeff Gordon care anymore thread.
It was a very purposeful thread and and a wake up call for him. We all watched as Jeff in response to the thread started caring again, and his performance improved over the last few years of his career.

Some of the competition saw what the thread was doing with reviving Gordon's career and didn't want to lose a championship to him in his final season so they had thread deleted to limit his improvements.

The biggest lesson of all is how it demonstrated the transforming power of an RF post. So take heart RF posters and carry on. Sometimes, the typing finger will be exhausted, and the weight of the posting device will weary the hand. But keep on posting RF posters and just know that lives are being inspired to be better by your service and never ever forget that every RF post counts.

I believe the first one was a does Jeff Gordon care anymore thread.
It was a very purposeful thread and and a wake up call for him. We all watched as Jeff in response to the thread started caring again, and his performance improved over the last few years of his career.

Some of the competition saw what the thread was doing with reviving Gordon's career and didn't want to lose a championship to him in his final season so they had thread deleted to limit his improvements.

The biggest lesson of all is how it demonstrated the transforming power of an RF post. So take heart RF posters and carry on. Sometimes, the typing finger will be exhausted, and the weight of the posting device will weary the hand. But keep on posting RF posters and just know that lives are being inspired to be better by your service and never ever forget that every RF post counts.
perfection.
1677164514207.png

Everybody has been harping on the commercials. My concern is how lackluster their coverage of each race is. They routinely miss passes for the lead and have to show them on a replay, the pit reporters don't offer much, and their "cut away" car graphics are inferior to NBC's.

lol. No, no you didnt which was the point. What you suggested has no more chance of happening then what I want.
All I'm suggesting is to put Clint out to pasture and send fewer people to the track. They may not WANT to do that, and they probably WON'T do that, but there is absolutely no reason they CAN'T do that. The right person could accomplish that with one memo.

Two pit reporters for a 2-mile track shows how much they're cutting back.

^I didn't even realize...that sucks! Hopefully they have more than two for the Cocaine 600, that'd be embarrassing otherwise.

Two pit reporters for a 2-mile track shows how much they're cutting back.
Actually I see it more as a change in the way people take in the race. Honestly I could care less about pit reporters. The teams I like I follow on Twitter during the race for updates or listen to the scanner traffic on the nascar app. Talk about what's going on trackside I have most everything else covered on my own

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Actually I see it more as a change in the way people take in the race. Honestly I could care less about pit reporters. The teams I like I follow on Twitter during the race for updates or listen to the scanner traffic on the nascar app. Talk about what's going on trackside I have most everything else covered on my own

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
If somebody screws up they have it on camera. I think they get that from Nascar who has cameras on everybody.

Actually I see it more as a change in the way people take in the race. Honestly I could care less about pit reporters. The teams I like I follow on Twitter during the race for updates or listen to the scanner traffic on the nascar app.
And yet while home fans have ample access to in-car cameras, Fox remain obsessed with them.

Artie Kempner, where are you now ?
Las Vegas this week, he is still in the director role for NASCAR on FOX. He is working with a new producer this year though.

Back
Top Bottom