Atlanta #2 Pre-Race Thread

Possibly, but who wants to throw there car into turn 1 with 35 other cars and not know anything about your car

I’ve always said 50 minutes-1 hour of practice for every race & maybe 2-4 hours for Crown Jewel or new races.

I've never seen that many guys in the field concerned prior to making a lap. Maybe letting them make 2 laps was the play if you don't want to have practice, idk.

Sidenote, if the Chevy's aren't handling out there on their own I find it hard to believe it'll be any better tomorrow lol.

I've never seen that many guys in the field concerned prior to making a lap. Maybe letting them make 2 laps was the play if you don't want to have practice, idk.

Sidenote, if the Chevy's aren't handling out there on their own I find it hard to believe it'll be any better tomorrow lol.
I've seen this a thousand times before, one make burns it up in qualifying and the other is in trouble then on raceday, complete opposite. Just depends on what they are setup for considering its an impound race

I can't think of any tracks beside Daytona and Talladega where qualifying performance has less connection to race results.

Last edited:
Rain supposed to hold off til 11pm. Hopefully we get another 7pm sharp start

How do you all feel about these Sunday night races without a holiday following? I am always struggling by the end of the race and then work is a drag the next morning.

How do you all feel about these Sunday night races without a holiday following? I am always struggling by the end of the race and then work is a drag the next morning.
It's a 1 am start for me so I won't watch.

Watching races on Sunday evening is pretty much the norm for me so I wouldn't have a problem with the start time if I was in your time zone but fans who will have to work on Monday can't attend these Sunday night races at all.

I think its great. I think a sprinkling of them through the schedule at about 3-4 races wont hurt anyone. Seems like theres not anymore after this on the schedule after tonight unless I read it wrong....... I also think NBC grouped these Sunday Night races together which is also great.

Sunday night racing is awesome. Would love to see USA do it as an alternative for a few races for people that don’t want to watch the Kansas City Chiefs / Dallas Cowboys on NBC every other week.

It's a 1 am start for me so I won't watch.

Watching races on Sunday evening is pretty much the norm for me so I wouldn't have a problem with the start time if I was in your time zone but fans who will have to work on Monday can't attend these Sunday night races at all.
Sunday night racing is awesome. Would love to see USA do it as an alternative for a few races for people that don’t want to watch the Kansas City Chiefs / Dallas Cowboys on NBC every other week.
11am here I think.
I’d prefer it earlier but it’s doable.

Back
Top Bottom