Atlanta Race Thread

Spike

Team Owner
I was going to make the bold prediction that Joey Logano will win his first Cup race because I thought Atlanta was similar to the track in Kentucky...however this isn't the case. But since I am a man, I will make the prediction anyway.

I was going to make the bold prediction that Joey Logano will win his first Cup race because I thought Atlanta was similar to the track in Kentucky...however this isn't the case. But since I am a man, I will make the prediction anyway.
It's not ... and I don't think Logano will win.

Kentucky Speedway has a history of producing first time winners. Although the only reason Logano didn't win at Nashville Superspeedway the week before was because Greg Biffle wrecked him out (seems to be a trend with cars wrecking off Biffle's front bumper lately:rolleyes:).

Both of the previous Kentucky winners (Gilliland, Leicht) were also first time winners, now they're nowhere. Gilliland is a field filler for TRG and Leicht races part time for Richard Childress in the 'Sprint Cup Nationwide Series'. :rolleyes:

I realized after the thought I had that Kentucky isnt similar to Atlanta. The lengths are roughly the same but the configuration is different. A brain fart on my part.

I have a feeling Jeff Gordon will break his streak. But Johnson, Edwards, Busch, and Junior run really well at Atlanta.

It's not ... and I don't think Logano will win.

Kentucky Speedway has a history of producing first time winners. Although the only reason Logano didn't win at Nashville Superspeedway the week before was because Greg Biffle wrecked him out (seems to be a trend with cars wrecking off Biffle's front bumper lately:rolleyes:).

Both of the previous Kentucky winners (Gilliland, Leicht) were also first time winners, now they're nowhere. Gilliland is a field filler for TRG and Leicht races part time for Richard Childress in the 'Sprint Cup Nationwide Series'. :rolleyes:

Where'd he come in Vegas..? 14th not bad for a "field filler"...although I'm sure that you will have some brilliant explanation involving luck, cautions, crashes and more luck.

There hasnt been a field filler in CUP for years

If you want to make a bold prediction.......it is staring us all right in the face as he is in your avatar!

...Vickers would be a bold prediction.......and not a bad one either

Predicting Vickers to win is never bold. The #83 car is almost always good enough, bad luck(and a pit crew that costs him quite often IMO...I dont care what competition they won) seems to be his downfall quite often.

All depends. Each race is different except Pocono, which are the same boring ass races twice a year. I struggle to watch them.

My prediction is the 20, 24 and 83 will not win..........this year:p

crazymansticksouttongue.gif
Smileypointingtoignoreandsayinglala.gif
:D

Just realized I don't care if the 20 wins or not. LOL I was thinking of Smoke. All these number changes.... arrgggh

These are for you, Spike. :) Watkins Glen 08.

Glen81008017-1-1-1.jpg

Glen81008018-2.jpg

Sorry about the pole in the way. ;)

Glen81008099-1.jpg

Well hes off to a bad start he qualified last.

All depends. Each race is different except Pocono, which are the same boring ass races twice a year. I struggle to watch them.
Really?

That's one of Vickers' better tracks.

I find some of the Pocono races really boring... but I also find some of them to be really good. I thought Pocono was one of the better races last season. There have been several really good races there.

How's that pick working out for you :sarcasm:

I predict that Jr. will be overrated again this year. Look at that, it's already happened.

Truex taken to hospital due to stomach pain UPDATE: Despite finishing in the top 15 in both of Saturday's practice sessions at Atlanta Motor Speedway, #1-Martin Truex Jr. left the garage shortly after practice ended complaining of pain in his side. "I think it's kidney stones," said the driver of the #1 Bass Pro Shop Chevy. Truex was seen in the infield care center at Atlanta Motor Speedway and transported to a local hospital. He is slated to start 23rd in Sunday's Kobalt Tools 500.(FoxSports)
UPDATE: Truex Jr. has a small kidney stone but is not expected to miss the Kobalt Tools 500 on Sunday at Atlanta Motor Speedway, a team spokesman said Saturday afternoon. Truex likely will pass the stone tonight but even if he doesn’t, he should be cleared to drive. It would be a matter of pain tolerance because he cannot take strong pain medication and race or he could be in violation of NASCAR’s substance-abuse policy. Truex completed both practice sessions Saturday before going to Spalding Regional Medical Center in Griffin, Ga., because of the pain.(SceneDaily)(3-7-2009)

Yep......That whole most popular driver thing is a bunch of crap

I like it, it's a good gage. Problem is the Junyer fans that all leave the race when Junyer wrecks that ruin the whole voting. Same with IRL and Danica.

IMO Mark Martin is the most popular driver. A champion in his own caliber and a class act. :beerbang:

I like it, it's a good gage. Problem is the Junyer fans that all leave the race when Junyer wrecks that ruin the whole voting. Same with IRL and Danica.

IMO Mark Martin is the most popular driver. A champion in his own caliber and a class act. :beerbang:

I always like it when the Earnhardt fans leave. That means I get more room.

Logano is a loooong ways off from a first win. He really should be full time in Nationwide instead of Cup.

I feel for Truex --- I've had a couple kidney stone attacks in the past and they hurt like hell.

I don't think "hurt like hell" even comes close to describing the pain.
He's real young though to be having them.

Ive never had kidney stones but my dad gets them from time to time. I really feel for Truex.

According to Marty Smith Truex passed the stone last night and is good to go for today. He must have a really high pain tolerance.

The last time my dad got them he was there for about 2 days(although they didnt know it was stones until they ran tests the 2nd day).

I had a kidney stone last year, and it hurt worse than anything I could've imagined. My mom had two kids and a kidney stone and she said she'd rather have labour pains than the stone.

Oh joy, another episode of Digger bullsh&t! I can't believe we are subjected to this crap on a weekly basis.

Oh joy, another episode of Digger bullsh&t! I can't believe we are subjected to this crap on a weekly basis.

So glad I found the race actualyl starts at 2. No more pre-race for me. IN fact, I'm actually watching Deathwish 3 now to kill time until the race starts.

Cheers to the drivers with their hands over their hearts during the National Anthem each week. Jeers to those who don't. Even bigger jeers to the drivers already in their cars during the Anthem.

wow. I'd just LOVE to see more than 5 laps w/o a caution :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom