Atlanta Race Thread

Congrats to Kurt but I would of rather have seen Brian Vickers, Carl Edwards, or Jeff Gordon win.

I could have lived with any of them, but of course, I'm tired of Jeff being SO CLOSE and not winning. :( Although I'm not complaining about 2nd and 1st in the points. :)

Last time I listen to all those idiots about picking Kyle. I put Jeff on the bench. I had Kurt last week and this week picked Kyle. My THUNK in fantasy points can be heard around the world. LOL :D Congrats to Kelloggs!! ;)

Wow, Burton should start his own landscaping business...

That was really something! I kept trying to think of the type of big equipment that does that. Too bad they didn't have a red flag and some horses around that needed grazing. LOL

I missed alot of the race due to demolition. Caught the last 75 laps or so though. Don't look like i missed much though. Did see the replay of the crew member going tire chasing...agreed, that shoulda been a yellow n let nascar retreive it. The shootout was good at the end..wish Jeff woulda had him.

Vickers pit crew is about as good at changing 4 tires as digger is at making us happy.

Tell them how much you love me:)

Cold day in hell that would be happening, ya varmint!!!!!
dynamite.jpg
dynamiteplunger.jpg

PS - Just wrote them to tell them to get rid of Digger or else!! :D

Cold day in hell that would be happening, ya varmint!!!!!
dynamite.jpg
dynamiteplunger.jpg

PS - Just wrote them to tell them to get rid of Digger or else!! :D

Did it seem like he was less visible during the race but was mostly in the comeback from commercials? That is less intrusive at least. As to the cartoon during the pre-race, in that I didn't watch I can't say.

I could have lived with any of them, but of course, I'm tired of Jeff being SO CLOSE and not winning. :( Although I'm not complaining about 2nd and 1st in the points. :)

Last time I listen to all those idiots about picking Kyle. I put Jeff on the bench. I had Kurt last week and this week picked Kyle. My THUNK in fantasy points can be heard around the world. LOL :D Congrats to Kelloggs!! ;)

Thanks Sue. :)

Crewman suspended for rest of race for going after tire: Jimmy Watts, a crew member [gasman] for the #47 Marcos Ambrose team, was suspended for the remainder of the race after he ran onto the infield grass -- a prohibited area -- to retrieve a loose tire on [caused] the third caution of the race.(ESPN/AP), the caution would had been called anyway, due to the tire in the infield and it was still slowly moving towards the track.
AND A quiet and remorseful Jimmy Watts stood outside the NASCAR hauler during the Kobalt Tools 500 to meet with NASCAR officials after he had been suspended for the remainder of the event for running onto the frontstretch grass with the race under green-flag conditions to retrieve a tire from the JTG Daugherty Racing car on lap 67. Watts, a gas man who also works for the Charlotte Fire Department, said he has been in the sport for more than seven years and just made a mistake. NASCAR threw the caution as he chased the tire. The tire had rolled on to the frontstretch grass when it got loose from the JTG Daugherty team of driver Marcos Ambrose and was knocked away by the Yates Racing team. “I saw the tire going away and it was a reaction – the wrong one,” Watts said. Watts said he “certainly did not” think that the tire would roll that far across the grass and by the time he was in the middle of it, he realized he was in a bad position. Watts said he hoped to be back next week but was waiting to talk to NASCAR officials to see if any additional penalties would be issued.(SceneDaily)(3-9-2009) Comment here

Race and Commercial Breakdown of the Kobalt Tools 500:
Total number of commercials: 131
Total number of companies or entities advertised: 73
Total number of brief promos of products/services during the race broadcast: 92
Start time to record race/commercial periods: 2:00 PM
End time to record race/commercial periods: 6:18 PM
Total minutes: 258
Minutes of race broadcast: 202
Minutes of commercials: 56
Number of missed restarts: 1
Total race brdcst time 202 Total comm. brdcst time 56
See more on my 2009 TV Commercials page.(3-9-2009) Comment here