Austin Dillon... The Next Big Thing?

Childress says he has funding for three cars and as of now has partial funding for a fourth car. You tell me who he is going to put in one of them. No brainer for me, we will see Austin Dillon in cup next year, we are already seeing him in cup this year, so whoever thinks he is not ready? Open your freakin eyes. he is already racing there.

Childress says he has funding for three cars and as of now has partial funding for a fourth car. You tell me who he is going to put in one of them. No brainer for me, we will see Austin Dillon in cup next year, we are already seeing him in cup this year, so whoever thinks he is not ready? Open your freakin eyes. he is already racing there.
He hasn't even won a Nationwide race this year; what makes you think he's ready for Cup????

I think someone has dirt in their eyes. Austin is very good, but he hasn't proven he's the best of this generation. Buescher and Stenhouse have accomplished as much or more (who was James driving for when he won the CW championship?).

There is a TON of new talent coming up, and it's damn exciting to thing the old guard 'gentleman racers' are on their way out. I've watched too many 'I'm not giving you anything' drivers like Kyle and Brad get ground down by Tony's 'we'll teach him to do it our way' pack mentality.

And Austin clearly out drove Larson last night. He started further back, passed more cars, set up the pass on Larson for the lead, and didn't blow a single restart.
Yep.

I didn't say they won't be mainstays, I said they weren't ready for full-time Cup in 2014.

I don't think Ty is, but Austin got a bunch of poles in Nationwide and he's close to winning the title. Even if he's not ready that doesn't mean anything. I personally think he's ready enough to just as well as Stenhouse.

Especially when he hasn't won a Nationwide race yet this year.
Better take a good look at the N'wide standings hoss. He is in the thick of it this year, 8 out of first. If you remember, last year in his rookie year, he finished one point out of second. So he won the championship in trucks, 3rd last year in N'wide, 1 point out of second and 8 points out of first this year. The kid is a race car driver IMO

Better take a good look at the N'wide standings hoss. He is in the thick of it this year, 8 out of first. If you remember, last year in his rookie year, he finished one point out of second. So he won the championship in trucks, 3rd last year in N'wide, 1 point out of second and 8 points out of first this year. The kid is a race car driver IMO
How many Nationwide wins this year?

I see your point, but not many non-cup drivers have won a NW race this year.
To me, 2 career Nationwide wins in 51 races doesn't show that he's ready for Cup. If he can't beat the Cup drivers in the Nationwide cars, how is he going to beat them in the Cup cars?

Austin is a good driver, but not Cup ready. I mean Hornish has out run him this year, and according to some on this forum Hornish is the worse driver ever.

Not surprised the Dillon boys excel at moonshine delivery competition, they've had access to all the best tools and toys to learn the ropes since before they could walk. Same as kids born named Andretti or Unser.

I'm really more impressed by Bubba Wallace. Hell of a racing talent, and maybe the most well spoken young driver to come along in awhile. The future looks bright for that one.

And no doubt about it, Kyle Larson is going to be great.

Yep he is another good one coming along. great thing about all these good youngsters, they keep the old timers on their toes and their elbows up.:)

Another thing these poo bears don't consider. Austin has already ran 6/19 cup races this year. won 867 thousand. He has ran 18/18 in Nationwide 8 points out of first...won 621 thousand. Nice paycheck for 6 races.:)

Another thing these poo bears don't consider. Austin has already ran 6/19 cup races this year. won 867 thousand. He has ran 18/18 in Nationwide 8 points out of first...won 621 thousand. Nice paycheck for 6 races.:)
I thought you said it was about "POINTS"? :D
(Austin has run 8 Cup races total. Average finish for those 8 races; 24.6, = Not ready for Cup) ;)
I'm not saying he's not talented, I'm saying he's not ready for Cup. Many young drivers were pushed into Cup too soon, and paid the price.

To me, 2 career Nationwide wins in 51 races doesn't show that he's ready for Cup. If he can't beat the Cup drivers in the Nationwide cars, how is he going to beat them in the Cup cars?

OK, I slipped out of gear and forgot we were talking about ready rather than potential.

he is not racing for points in the cup. He has committed to running in N'wide. Remember, they have had to do that the last few years? Say which series they are running in?

I thought you said it was about "POINTS"? :D
(Austin has run 8 Cup races total. Average finish for those 8 races; 24.6, = Not ready for Cup) ;)
I'm not saying he's not talented, I'm saying he's not ready for Cup. Many young drivers were pushed into Cup too soon, and paid the price.
well you have your opinion. but the facts get in the way. He is already racing part time in cup. Ready or not...he's already there.

I thought you said it was about points?????????
Make up your damn mind!! :mad:

:blink:

Apparently he has money on his mind. He brought up the same subject on the Jimmie thread when we were talking about something entirely different.

I'm done with the back and forth with him. Its like talking to a wall.

:blink:

Apparently he has money on his mind. He brought up the same subject on the Jimmie thread when we were talking about something entirely different.

I'm done with the back and forth with him. Its like talking to a wall.
You want to come on a Nascar site and pop off with stuff that doesn't make any sense? Jimmy's dead end job? move on to greater things? Dude sorry, but that ain't going to fly. ..Knaus not being recognized as a five time winning crew chief? troll on dude. I am not a fan of the 48, but dang, you can't make this stuff up? Might work on facebook or something I guess making things up as you go along. Bout like saying Stewart doesn't know how to drive, should go on to greater things. o_O

Jimmie Johnson won 1 NWS race in 93 starts before he started in cup.

you can back and forth all day, only time will tell. sure they had more then most growing up.

yep, don't confuse them with the facts. they got an excuse for everything..but they have no facts to back it up. Blowhard comes to mind. They put emotions over the intellect. E/I instead of I/E . The other one over on the Johnson site says Chad is in a dead end job, this one has changed his tune and says Chad is the reason for Johnson's success.o_O Austin is not ready for cup..and he is already running a car in cup. Hmmm somebody with a car thinks Austin can drive it in cup. I think I will go with their judgement. BTW Austin has an 11th place finish in the Finch car..same as A.J.

See, more N'wide wins than Dillon ;)
Told ya...
That was before Jimmie met Chad.
Nationwide, Nationwide, Nationwide.

IMO, this whole should run nationwide for years is BS. As posted, Johnon won 1 race while Vickers won 3 races and a championship then both went to HMS. Where are they now?

Biffle has won both CWTS and NWS championships but that hasn't managed to get him a cup championship yet.

I understand that we all have our own opinions and that's why most of us are here, so that's mine :)

:) Well, if Chad wins another championship with JJ, he is in a dead end job because he'll be in the same place he was 7 years ago.

Nationwide, Nationwide, Nationwide.

IMO, this whole should run nationwide for years is BS. As posted, Johnon won 1 race while Vickers won 3 races and a championship then both went to HMS. Where are they now?

Biffle has won both CWTS and NWS championships but that hasn't managed to get him a cup championship yet.

I understand that we all have our own opinions and that's why most of us are here, so that's mine :)
If you're comparing Austin Dillon to Jimmie Johnson then you need to lay off the sauce. :D

You want to come on a Nascar site and pop off with stuff that doesn't make any sense? Jimmy's dead end job? move on to greater things? Dude sorry, but that ain't going to fly. ..Knaus not being recognized as a five time winning crew chief? troll on dude. I am not a fan of the 48, but dang, you can't make this stuff up? Might work on facebook or something I guess making things up as you go along. Bout like saying Stewart doesn't know how to drive, should go on to greater things. o_O

ROLF now I said Jimmie has a dead end job.

I thought you said I said it was Chad with a dead end job not Jimmie.

Yeah I'm am done with you.

Back
Top Bottom