Austin Dillon

Fordracing7

2018 Pick em Champion
I'm basically with the majority in thinking that the Dillon boys are "ride buyers" and am not a fan....but you have to give credit where it's due. He came close to winning last week and it's a matter of time. Even if you've had everything provided to you in your life end you are in the cup series because of what family you are in doesn't mean that when you are there you don't have to work hard for it or be skilled to be successful at it. He's done a good job and deserve some props, and reality is he's going to be in that 3 car forever.

Austin has done a lot better than the results show so far. Ran out of gas with a couple laps to go while in contention at Daytona. Running 6th battling for top 5 at Atlanta when battery issues showed up. Had two flat tires early at Vegas and never recovered but was fast. Was out to much at Phoenix and California though. I'm very proud of how he's progressing. As a fan, I'm looking forward to Talladega. Ty is giving that 13 some good results too.

Eh, so he had a couple of good runs. We'll see if he can actually put together anything long term.

I think his best shot for a win will come at the 2 Talladega races and Daytona in July, he's an underrated plate racer

Should be interesting to see what happens to RCR when Childress gets too old to be around.

Daughter and husband will continue supporting their sons careers.

That may be true but right now Austin Dillion is the crown's jewel in RCR. It'll be interesting to see if he remains that way if a family member doesn't take over RCR after Childress steps down.

Thinkin’ it’ll stay in the family.

Who the family can attract and hold to hands-on the thing is the question.

Thinkin’ it’ll stay in the family.

Who the family can attract and hold to hands-on the thing is the question.

I thought the son-in-law was in management right now. Richard is at the track but someone keeps the shop clean and the pencils sharpened. On a serious note, I think Dillon is doing OK in the #3.
You have to take into consideration that both them boys were taught to bring the car home to race again. Their equipment is not top 10 so that is another factor.

I thought the son-in-law was in management right now. Richard is at the track but someone keeps the shop clean and the pencils sharpened. On a serious note, I think Dillon is doing OK in the #3.
You have to take into consideration that both them boys were taught to bring the car home to race again. Their equipment is not top 10 so that is another factor.
Mike Dillon is pretty high up in management. Not sure the exact title.

I suppose we'll find out sometime in the not-so-distant future.

No idea.

All I know about RCR is they lucked into one with Newman on their way to becoming Roush Lite.

I hope I never see a 3 car again in victory lane unless it's an Earnhardt behind the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daughter and husband will continue supporting their sons careers.
From the RCR website ;
Childress’ son-in-law, Mike Dillon, was a former XFINITY Series driver in the mid-1990s and now serves as RCR’s Vice President of Competition. He is married to Childress’ only daughter, Tina.

Mike Dillon is pretty high up in management. Not sure the exact title.
Childress’ son-in-law, Mike Dillon, was a former XFINITY Series driver in the mid-1990s and now serves as RCR’s Vice President of Competition. He is married to Childress’ only daughter, Tina.

Some of the details escape me,CRS, but Mike Dillon never set the world on fire as a driver and at some point he quit driving due to safety concerns. Not long after he started dating Tina I believe .

Austin is getting the best RCR has, Richard said in an interview their company needs badly get the 3 back in victory lane. Newman is their best driver.

Austin is getting the best RCR has, Richard said in an interview their company needs badly get the 3 back in victory lane. Newman is their best driver.

I'll agree with this, 27 team must be getting all the junk haha.

I think all three RCR drivers are pretty good, Menard included. The 3 and 31 teams have been running well. Not sure what's going on with the 27 team.

Dillon seems like such a douchebag, always berating his own guys and crying about this and that. But I definitely think he has the talent. He's a solid racer

Dillon seems like such a douchebag, always berating his own guys and crying about this and that.
That statement could apply to several drivers, including past champions. They pretty much all have their 'moments'.

I don't look at the Dillon's being any different than any of the other drivers. They all capitalize on the opportunities presented to them. Many sons/grandsons/relatives get job opportunities that the avg Joe doesn't. Live you said, he's obviously talented or he wouldn't be there.

I think Austin is doing as well as the equipment will let him. Even in Dale Earnhardt's title years excluding 1987 and 1990, he never really had the fastest equipment. He won those Championships because the car was bullet proof and never lost many races to blown engines or big mechanical failure. I feel like he had the most dependable equipment and knew how to turn a bad day into a good day. RCR as a whole was/is great at that. It's good to see them running well this year, and I really think Austin/3 Team will win a race soon. I know many will disagree but it's going to be pretty awesome for me to see the 3 win a race again. So much history and tradition behind that number/team. I also think the kid will contend for the championship this year, maybe not Final Four but Final 8 for sure. As for fans saying "well his Grandpa is RC and he got that ride because of that" I say thats fine, but Dillon has performed well in fact hes pretty close to Kyle Larson numbers wise (except the wins), they have finished pretty close to each other in the points since their rookie year together.

I think Austin is doing as well as the equipment will let him.

Engines? The rest of his "equipment" is the same as everybody else's ... the latest, most expensive racecar parts that money can buy.

Engines? The rest of his "equipment" is the same as everybody else's ... the latest, most expensive racecar parts that money can buy.
Why I remember when Austin was winning in the Xfinity Series it was his grand-pappy that bough him those victories. To bad Pap pap didn't put a little money aside for the Cup ranks.

I thought the ECR engines were good? I dont know much about the quality or type of parts team's use so I cant speak intelligently about that.

Why I remember when Austin was winning in the Xfinity Series it was his grand-pappy that bough him those victories. To bad Pap pap didn't put a little money aside for the Cup ranks.
Well not to sound like I am prodding, but you could say the same for Chase Elliott. His dad/last name got him the opportunity for great equipment right off the bat in Xfinity and hell, his first ride was Jeff Gordon's complete with a Final Four team in a power house organization. I dont get why Austin Dillon is held to a different standard it seems, if you think he's a punk call him a punk ( I dont care either way really. I am not rocking the latest Dow 3 gear.) But I IMO Chase Elliott has gotten the same breaks if not better as Austin and I dont see the backlash for Chase that Austin gets.

Well not to sound like I am prodding, but you could say the same for Chase Elliott. His dad/last name got him the opportunity for great equipment right off the bat in Xfinity and hell, his first ride was Jeff Gordon's complete with a Final Four team in a power house organization. I dont get why Austin Dillon is held to a different standard it seems, if you think he's a punk call him a punk ( I dont care either way really. I am not rocking the latest Dow 3 gear.) But I IMO Chase Elliott has gotten the same breaks as Austin and I dont see the backlash for Chase that Austin gets.
I forgot the sarcasm smiley.

I thought the ECR engines were good? I dont know much about the quality or type of parts team's use so I cant speak intelligently about that.

Everybody has high-quality engines ... usually all within single digit hp and torque numbers. When some new coating comes out for the ring and pinion that reduces friction by 0.025%, everybody orders a case to try it.

The difference for Dillon, Menard, Newman, Chase Elliott and everybody else lies in the human resources area. Who works for you, how good are they and how well do they work together?

Everybody has high-quality engines ... usually all within single digit hp and torque numbers. When some new coating comes out for the ring and pinion that reduces friction by 0.025%, everybody orders a case to try it.

The difference for Dillon, Menard, Newman, Chase Elliott and everybody else lies in the human resources area. Who works for you, how good are they and how well do they work together?
ah at the Monster Energy Cup Level, I agree. How many talented and bright people you get to work for you does make all the difference to being a competitive team.

Well not to sound like I am prodding, but you could say the same for Chase Elliott. His dad/last name got him the opportunity for great equipment right off the bat in Xfinity and hell, his first ride was Jeff Gordon's complete with a Final Four team in a power house organization. I dont get why Austin Dillon is held to a different standard it seems, if you think he's a punk call him a punk ( I dont care either way really. I am not rocking the latest Dow 3 gear.) But I IMO Chase Elliott has gotten the same breaks if not better as Austin and I dont see the backlash for Chase that Austin gets.

Because chase seems humble. Works together with his team, takes the good with the bad.

Austin Dillon is a whiney spoiled little punk ass b!tch

Because chase seems humble. Works together with his team, takes the good with the bad.

Austin Dillon is a whiney spoiled little punk ass b!tch

I think every driver you can make the case sounds like a whiner, spoiled. How many times has Harvick thrown his crew under the bus at both RCR and Stewart-Haas? Jr couldnt get along with his own cousin and then Lance McGrew at Hendrick Motorsports. I think saying what you said is a pretty big assumption based off the heat of the moment in the middle of a race.

I think every driver you can make the case sounds like a whiner, spoiled. How many times has Harvick thrown his crew under the bus at both RCR and Stewart-Haas? Jr couldnt get along with his own cousin and then Lance McGrew at Hendrick Motorsports. I think saying what you said is a pretty big assumption based off the heat of the moment in the middle of a race.

Dillon seems like the worst though. He's very disrespectful towards Labbe and Houston. It's every damn race. I understand being frustrated and mouthing off from time to time, but that's no way to treat people. Constantly berating your own guys won't help matters. And for what it's worth, I think Harvick is a tool as well. Damn good driver though.

Pissing off your crew could cause a slight difference in a tire pressure at the wrong time.
Just saying.

That because Chase's dad won Most Popular Driver 15 times. I'm sure if Awesome Bill from Dawsonville was still racing, him and Earnhardt Jr. would be neck and neck every year for that award.

One big difference between Austin and Chase is that Austin's grandfather built a successful race team and had a car to put his grandsons in. Bill Elliott didn't. If Bill's team had been a success, Chase would likely be driving for Bill. I still think Chase would get a pass from most.

Back
Top Bottom