Austin Dillon

I think every driver you can make the case sounds like a whiner, spoiled. How many times has Harvick thrown his crew under the bus at both RCR and Stewart-Haas? Jr couldnt get along with his own cousin and then Lance McGrew at Hendrick Motorsports. I think saying what you said is a pretty big assumption based off the heat of the moment in the middle of a race.
I guess that may be the case now come to think of it........ maybe that's why the older drivers got more respect...... I can't recall Harry Gant or Mark Martin.... Bill Elliott, Sr. , Terry Labonte or any of those guys whining and making excuses ...... blaming Goodyear..... blaming the crew chiefs.... bitching about someone racing them too hard.... they just went out and drove....... Spoiled and whiners does seem to fit these newer kids now.....

Never been a Dillon boy's fan....but, he's been doing a dam fine job these last 2 seasons. God that hurt sooooo much.

Dillon seems like the worst though. He's very disrespectful towards Labbe and Houston. It's every damn race. I understand being frustrated and mouthing off from time to time, but that's no way to treat people. Constantly berating your own guys won't help matters. And for what it's worth, I think Harvick is a tool as well. Damn good driver though.
When I watch/listen to the radio active segement each week, all drivers seem like tools to me.

From just what I read on the track, I forgot that Bill had a tough go of it when he ran his own team in the mid 90's

Austin Dillon is gonna win a race soon. He's been knocking on the door, and it looks like Childress cars (and the Ganassi cars which, I think, use the same engines) are back to being competitive.

Austin has done a lot better than the results show so far. Ran out of gas with a couple laps to go while in contention at Daytona. Running 6th battling for top 5 at Atlanta when battery issues showed up. Had two flat tires early at Vegas and never recovered but was fast. Was out to much at Phoenix and California though. I'm very proud of how he's progressing. As a fan, I'm looking forward to Talladega. Ty is giving that 13 some good results too.

I talked to Dillon after Martinsville, but it was too brief to write up (Fox). I can go back and type those quotes up if y'all would like to see though.

Austin Dillon is gonna win a race soon. He's been knocking on the door, and it looks like Childress cars (and the Ganassi cars which, I think, use the same engines) are back to being competitive.
Ganassi switched to HMS engines 2 years ago.

Gotta give Austin credit for today. The day was crap from the beginning literally, and he started 12 laps down. A day he will want to forget.

But he ran fast times any how, maybe good enough to have been top 10. That was some good never quit character there. Good man, stayed on the wheel.

I knew this kid was coming close to a win what I put this thread up a couple months ago like I said then you got to give credit where credit's due and it was cool to see it how happy these boys were after winning a guarantee you wouldn't have seen any kind of excitement like that from those Toyota's in Victory Lane

Back
Top Bottom