Austin Dillon's #3 Cup ride in 2014?

It's disgraceful for a rich punk with limited driving skills like Austin Dillon to bring back the 3. F*** RCR.

I personally can't stand Dillon and his ridiculous hat. However, I think I'm going to pull for him this year, just to shut up these "nobody else should drive the 3) crowd. They refuse to get over it.

I'm startin to think that Austin might be the best think that could have happened to Danica . If he wrecks a couple race cars and has a temper tantrum , Danica will be pretty much forgotten . Go Austin.;)

I'm startin to think that Austin might be the best think that could have happened to Danica . If he wrecks a couple race cars and has a temper tantrum , Danica will be pretty much forgotten . Go Austin.;)
Dillon has car control and has two Nascar titles to show for it. Danica? no wins in any Nascar series but is a darling of the press. Can't compare the two they are so far apart. Mark Martin only ran 28/36 races and he beat her in the standings. I'll bet Dillons hat he does better than that his first year.

she will be a has been by the end of the year, why do you think they got Kevin and Kurt?

With the cowboy hat and now the number three, I wonder if he thinks he is going to be Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt rolled into one? I'm sorry guys, but after seeing that picture of his silhouette and the number three, I can't get that thought out of my head. After having so much success so quickly, I hope that thought isn't in his head. I'd like to see him do well, but only time will tell.

I think Dillon is establishing his brand with the hat deal. I associate the cowboy hat with Petty, I also associate wrap-around sunglasses with him. Jack Roush has a distinctive hat. I don't think other drivers wear icons. Some of us see the Dillon hat deal as borrowing from the King but he probably just likes the hat. Or maybe he got some questionable marketing advise.

any attempt by austin ta appear big macho guy......sorta goes out tha window......
..........when one recalls his flubbed snow angel slide !! ha!

lululemon britches maybe ? ha!

I think Dillon is establishing his brand with the hat deal. I associate the cowboy hat with Petty, I also associate wrap-around sunglasses with him. Jack Roush has a distinctive hat. I don't think other drivers wear icons. Some of us see the Dillon hat deal as borrowing from the King but he probably just likes the hat. Or maybe he got some questionable marketing advise.
He likes to wear a hat. Its pretty simple. RP does not have exclusive rights to wearing them.
Maybe he's just wanting to be AD....and lets face it,...he's still young.

Or maybe your reading too much into it?

fark_UWdH266Am2O2SRuHI7b0pnSg9ns.jpeg

1. The image may have already been posted here.
2. More three please, if the flashing 3 nippled granny were to return to the grandstands, the races would start selling out again.

It's disgraceful for a rich punk with limited driving skills like Austin Dillon to bring back the 3. F*** RCR.
I guess it was also disgraceful for an over rated driver who lives on his daddy's name to take over the number 88 from a champion.

The driver makes the legacy, not the number.

Might as well suck it up because It's a done deal and most of us love it.

Just cause its a done deal doesnt mean I have to like it. Jimmie Johnson won the title this year, that doesnt mean everyones happy about it.

Let's all start a 'Retire The #48 ' campaign. Anyone ?.......Anyone?

Let's all start a 'Retire The #48 ' campaign. Anyone ?.......Anyone?

can't do that, 48 was Steve McQueen's numbero_O, makes about as much sense as retiring the 3. Point is there aren't enough single or double digit numbers, and once you start doing that, what about D.W's number, or Petty's, or Davey or Bobby etc. That is what the hall of fame is for.

can't do that, 48 was Steve McQueen's numbero_O, makes about as much sense as retiring the 3. Point is there aren't enough single or double digit numbers, and once you start doing that, what about D.W's number, or Petty's, or Davey or Bobby etc. That is what the hall of fame is for.

That's my point . The 3 is the only number that anyone ever talks about retiring . If you ask a Senior fan about all those other car numbers , all you get is a blank stare . Like ...why retire any of them ?

I never liked Earnhardt as a racer, never liked RCR, and cant stand the Dillon boys either so I hope they have a miserable year. Somebody needs to tell the older Dillon boy to lose the cowboy hat. He looks like such a dork in it. You can bet old Pop Pop will give the Dillon boy the best they have. Wonder how his team mates will feel about all of this.

The Dow car looks awesome.

Dp is it fair to say you will be cheering for mr Dillion this year?

Dp is it fair to say you will be cheering for mr Dillion this year?
Damn straight I will. He'll be added to an extensive list of drivers that I'll be rooting for. I'm glad to see the '3' back on the track and keeping it within the family is fine with this old Earnhardt fan.

Does anyone remember the last pretty boy rich kid who rose through the ranks too fast without paying his dues and the other drivers wished he would get his ass handed to him? His name was Jeff Gordon

Does anyone remember the last pretty boy rich kid who rose through the ranks too fast without paying his dues and the other drivers wished he would get his ass handed to him? His name was Jeff Gordon

Not setting expectations high I see.;)

I honestly believe the whole reason I can't/won't cheer for him is cause of that damn hat. Completely reasonable reason....

My boos will still mostly be split between 14 and 48:eviltongu

uh no. I remember punk kid years ago for Gordo, now if Bobby doesn't show up, he is the oldest out there. but this is a Dillon thread I thought, beginning of a new era, and die cast sales.

Back
Top Bottom