Australian Grand Prix

It looks like they're going to do a better job than speedtv, with basically the same announcing crew (Leigh Diffey in place of Bob Varsha). We'll now get both practice sessions, and the studio pieces look much more polished judging from their 'Countdown' show. This weekend ought to be interesting with F1 in Australia and ALMS in Sebring, there will be lots of new cars to check out...

Looking forward to the season

Go Kimi, and make them leave you alone on the radio

Wonder how the broadcast will be without Varsha.

Diffey knows racing pretty well, and since he's an Aussie this oughta be a good one to start with. Some folks seem to have a problem with his accent, but it doesn't bother me.

It looks like Varsha will be covering Sebring for Fox Sports on Saturday, check your local listings. I've been watching F1 since BV started, so his familiar voice will be missed, but it's just another thing we race fans will have to get used to as things change. I'm finding that my Wii system is going to be more useful than ever this season, with all of the streaming coverage available.

Per Varsha's twitter, he's going to do Malaysia, Belgium and Korea.

btw, can we not edit our own posts here? Only mods?

Monaco same day as the 500 huh? I was hoping to go to Indy on race day this year (we usually go for qualifying), but if not, it'll be a long one. Monaco, Indy, and Charlotte...

God bless the brave drivers who drove the beastly cars back in the day and their surviving famlies. Most here died Rindt, Cevert, Clark, Peterson, Villinuve, Hulme, Depalliar
1970jochenrindtlotus72.jpeg
ferrarif11981.jpeg
solitudekw3.jpeg
cevertusa.jpeg
patrickdepailler119bn9.jpeg
petersonmonza1.jpeg
monaco1967hulme1326396b.jpeg
706rindt72cgiuntiaut01.jpeg
martinbrundlejordanaust.jpeg
6900monmonaco1969.jpeg

You are able to edit your own posts for a limited time.

Monaco same day as the 500 huh? I was hoping to go to Indy on race day this year (we usually go for qualifying), but if not, it'll be a long one. Monaco, Indy, and Charlotte...

I believe it's been Monaco, Indy and then Charlottle on Sunday for a while now.

I believe it's been Monaco, Indy and then Charlottle on Sunday for a while now.[/quote]

Indy and Charlotte have been on the same day for as long as I can remember, but Monaco has moved around a few times. I remember watching it from my hotel during qualifications at Indy more than once.

Currently watching qualifying, more inebriated than I'd PROBABLY care to admit, staring at a rain delay 20 minutes at a time as the Sun goes down in Australia. Ridiculous! So yeah I'm going to bed so I can watch a bitchin nationwide race... Unless of course there is a rain delay. In which case, fml. I'm definitely sleeping and recording this race tomorrow night. Haha

Oh man
I want to be supportive of NBCSN and everything, but they posted a headline on there forum with the results of qualifying three hours before the broadcast of qualifying.

And before I'm flamed, yes I know not to go on a racing site if I'm recording a race for later and such, but people will be going there trying to find the rescheduled Q2 and Q3. Also, I watched it live via timing and scoring so it wasn't news to me.

Lots of anger on display over there.

These two I just like the look
1984maurobaldispirit101.jpeg
6819britain19brabhambt2.jpeg

NBC Sports Network in standard definition is the worst pile of **** in the world. You can't even set your TV for widescreen mode because it cuts off part of the screen since they push everything up for that stupid ass NHL ticker.

NBC Sports Network in standard definition is the worst pile of **** in the world. You can't even set your TV for widescreen mode because it cuts off part of the screen since they push everything up for that stupid ass NHL ticker.

You definitely need to upgrade. Everything, but especially racing, is better in HD. Check out Walmart's internet only ship-to-store deals, 1080p flat screens are around $100 per 10 in. screen width in my zipcode. And if it's your cable plan, stream through your gaming system. You'll be glad you did.

You definitely need to upgrade. Everything, but especially racing, is better in HD. Check out Walmart's internet only ship-to-store deals, 1080p flat screens are around $100 per 10 in. screen width in my zipcode. And if it's your cable plan, stream through your gaming system. You'll be glad you did.

You don't know Andy very well. ;)

It's my service provider, not my TV. Actually, it's stubbornness on my part. I ain't paying $50-100 for a box + a $50 service fee to get the damn thing I should've had in the first place. Besides, getting a new car is more important right now.

I like NBC Sports' pre-race coverage.

I think if I was a F1 layman, they would really be explaining crap well.

'bout time to go racing, kids . . .

on my system I can watch it on NBC Sports Network or on a local Spanish station

why is it that those Spanish guys seem to talk so fast ?

'bout time to go racing, kids . . .

on my system I can watch it on NBC Sports Network or on a local Spanish station

why is it that those Spanish guys seem to talk so fast ?

Dunno. I took a semester of Spanish in high school. All I know now is how to ask Rosa what time the bus arrives.

I'm curious how they're going to handle races when they have F1 and Indy on the same weekend..... aside from bringing Vasha in a few times. Or is this Leigh Diffey guy going to announce IndyCar from the old MSNBC set as well?

I wish they would've brought Brian Till in full time. He did an awesome job covering the Baltimore race - dare I say, he did better than Bob Jenkins did.

I'm curious how they're going to handle races when they have F1 and Indy on the same weekend..... aside from bringing Vasha in a few times. Or is this Leigh Diffey guy going to announce IndyCar from the old MSNBC set as well?

I wish they would've brought Brian Till in full time. He did an awesome job covering the Baltimore race - dare I say, he did better than Bob Jenkins did.

Do we know they will have F1 and IndyCar on the same weekend? Without looking at the schedule, I just assumed ABC/ESPN had IndyCar on weekends when there was an F1 race.

Good race so far. Terrible start for Webber. Looks a podium at Melbourne will elude him once again. This is one of my favorite F1 circuits. Very fast.

Do we know they will have F1 and IndyCar on the same weekend? Without looking at the schedule, I just assumed ABC/ESPN had IndyCar on weekends when there was an F1 race.

Good race so far. Terrible start for Webber. Looks a podium at Melbourne will elude him once again. This is one of my favorite F1 circuits. Very fast.

indeed

I think ESPN gets preference though I'm not sure, I don't know why ESPN wouldn't want to air St. Pete, Long Beach and Baltimore.

Great race. Great race by the Iceman and some tire/rain drama with Sutil. Was really cheering for it to rain for the underdog.

Man - never thought I'd see the day that spoilers on the helmet would be put to real use.
The in car-cameras were incredible.
Wow.

It's my service provider, not my TV. Actually, it's stubbornness on my part. I ain't paying $50-100 for a box + a $50 service fee to get the damn thing I should've had in the first place. Besides, getting a new car is more important right now.

Call and tell them you got an offer from another provider and want to cancel. (actually call Dish or DIRECTV and see what they are offering in case you get asked) Your current provider will suddenly be very forthcoming with new equipment and programming discounts. And be nice to the CSR because that makes a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom