Australian Grand Prix

Just finished it on the DVR. I loved Alansos engineer telling him to show them what he's got", or something like that. The coverage was excellent in my opinion as well.

I agree, very good racing. Raikkonen's pass on the outside of Ham and Alonzo's pass away from DRS zones, and Webber confirmed he is not good at standing starts, which I think is also the rule in Supercars. Maybe he should ask Marcos to put in a good word for him over here :) Glad to see Kimi win, but it reminded me that we had 7 different winners in the first 7 races last year before RBR got it figured out. They don't look that far behind this year.

I gave it a 7 out of 10 on NBC's site. The whole thing lacked smoothness, especially the start. Lose the produced pieces and bring back more Will Buxton with the posers on the grid. Otherwise not entirely terrible. It should be interesting to see how they handle another late night race along with Indycar's opener next weekend.

Just finished it on the DVR. I loved Alansos engineer telling him to show them what he's got", or something like that. The coverage was excellent in my opinion as well.

Yeah, NBC is going to need a producer or somebody who knows Italian if Ferrari and Alonso are going to keep communicating in their secret code all season.

Tires were a big issue. Raikkonen makes two stops while everyone around him made three, and afterwards he says it wasn't hard. Typical Kimi, and an ominous sign of things to come. Statement win.

Yeah, NBC is going to need a producer or somebody who knows Italian if Ferrari and Alonso are going to keep communicating in their secret code all season.
Just watched the replay, actually that was Rob Smedley replying to Massa, who upon finding himself in the lead, asked his pits "what are we going to do now?" But you're right about getting an interpreter for Alonso's comms. Last year Varsha said all the teams are supposed to speak english on the radio, but Fred always uses either Italian or Spanish.

Race is on NBC Sports now if you missed it.
They showed it again this afternoon, too, so that'll be 3 times in the same day. I watched my DVR of the live broadcast earlier, but I'm checking out the replay to see if they show the winner on the crawl at the bottom of the screen :)

Back
Top Bottom