Autoweek: Bubba Wallace to drive 43 car in 2018

HELL YEAH, good for him man. And kudos to all who stepped up to the plate to get this done.

CONGRATS BUBBA!!! I will be getting a lot of 43 gear next year even though I’m a 18 fan lol

Now lets see if RPM can put up the money for him to run fast. Money buys speed even in a Ford.
Will he be in a Ford next year??

Now lets see if RPM can put up the money for him to run fast. Money buys speed even in a Ford.
Will he be in a Ford next year??

Doubt that is going to happen. The Petty bunch hasn't been fast for years and years. Almirola was good because he didn't wreck that many and ran a clean backmarker race. I don't see that happening with Bubba, he pushes. It could be a problem or he could finish higher than Almirola. Something happened or there wouldn't be a driver change. .Going to be good next year to see what happens.

Good for Bubba good for that team hopefully they secured good sponsorship and they can have a successful year

Stop being obtuse. Anyone who has any knowledge regarding how NASCAR works understands that marketability/personality/looks/diction is a huge part of the equation when it comes to who gets a ride.
new bunch of drivers have zero personality
may as well interview a robot at end of race.

Don't really get the Bubba hype but ummmm ok
I mean, he's taking over at Richard Petty Motorsports, not Joe Gibbs Racing. Are there others who would be a bigger or better signing for such a middle-of-the-road program? He didn't kill it in Xfinity, no, but it's not like Matt Kenseth would've been walking through the doors looking for a ride there.

Idk, 7 truck wins last year and 3 Xfinity this year for Byron. Only 1 Xfinity win for Bowman and that was just a few weeks ago.
I don't remember if Bowman had ever been in a competitive car until he came to Hendrick...I know the BK car wasn't. But, he is in one now and I think he will do fine.

new bunch of drivers have zero personality
may as well interview a robot at end of race.

Seems like they said that about a certain someone named Matt Kenseth....Nextel, I believe it was, even made a commercial depicting him to be a robot. Everyone lamented about how boring he was and how plain he was. Now, everyone is wanting him to remain on the circuit. Give these young guys some time, they will come around and their personalities will become a lot more visible.

Seems like they said that about a certain someone named Matt Kenseth....Nextel, I believe it was, even made a commercial depicting him to be a robot. Everyone lamented about how boring he was and how plain he was. Now, everyone is wanting him to remain on the circuit. Give these young guys some time, they will come around and their personalities will become a lot more visible.
Bubba is not lacking in personality. That's one of the reasons I like him.

I'll take a robot over one particular driver's repeated childish tirades any day of the week.
I was at his first win at martinsville, he was into it and so was the crowd in the grandstands. ..

Back
Top Bottom